BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Music Discussion Thread

Too old to care mate, 44 on Saturday ... jesus. :unsure:

I know it's time honoured to be desperately controversial, but the other acts look quite tidy. Even Amy with all her tattoos gave a slick performance, bloody killers had suits on !

Brand's doing a good job

:rolleyes:

Edited by adopted scouser

Is it just me who thinks the Arctic Monkeys are a great band on this web site?

There has only been a few occasions when I've heard a band for the first time and gone "Bloody hell! Brilliant" In no particular order:

1. Motorhead - Ace of Spades - Track one - No Sleep Til Hammersmith - approx 1981

2. AC/DC - Let There Be Rock - from the album of the same name - aprrox 1981 - released a few years earlier

3. Happy Mondays - Wrote For Luck - the single - Approx 1989 - on the chart show I think

4. The Stone Roses - I am The Resurection - at Preston Guild Hall Foyet - Blimey! 1989 - Cheers John for dragging me along

5. The Arctic Monkeys - I Bet You.... etc - the other year, live on the tele somewhere or other

6. The Fall - Hit The North

7. The Smiths - How Soon Is Now? - On an away travel coach on the way to St James Park for a night match - about 1988?

8. Oasis - Supersonic - At home - John's fault again - believe the hype. (Fecking smart arse City fans).

9. The Wedding Present - My Favourite Dress - best heard at C'est la Vie cira 1953 - RIP

10. The Pogues - A Rainy Night In Soho. Well, it is the 14th of Feb isn't it?

EDIT (How could I forget?! :lol: ) 11. Slayer. Reign In Blood. My Bedroom cira 1988. Oh 'eck!

I put The Fall in just for AS. Everyone knows it was Frank Sidebottom who wrote that. The boy M E Smith just did a cover.

Great songs.

Edited by bob fleming

I very much agree with you, Mr.Fleming. The Arctic Monkeys are one of this year's definitive favourites, I've always thought that Brits in general are too sick and tired of listening to music like that tbh. Loving the lyrics too, and they are sung - like he really thinks they're important. :)

Just got back from seeing a Norwegian blues/rock guitarist called Bjørn Berge, bloody amazing level of noise from a single guitar player. (twelve-string guitar)

Did a cracking version of "Ace of Spades", I will always cherish anyone who's able to act out Lemmy and his whole band on his own..

'

Updated: Fresh live miniconcert

Edited by herbergeehh

Too old to care mate, 44 on Saturday ... jesus. :unsure:

I know it's time honoured to be desperately controversial, but the other acts look quite tidy. Even Amy with all her tattoos gave a slick performance, bloody killers had suits on !

Brand's doing a good job

:rolleyes:

The whole programme was very slick last night - very squeeky clean indeed.

Some thoughts though:-

Do we think Russell Brand held back a little? I thought when 9 oclock comes he is going to let go but he didnt.

Nelly Furtardo = fit. Nelly Furtardo starts talking and that fitness level starts dropping - she is mental

Orson - bloody annoying

Whats happened to Joss Stone? She used to be queit and nice. She is now loud and strutts about like she is gods gift to men and she isnt

Whats with the big Who Haa on GMTV with Take This morning? Quotes like:-

They stole the show

This was their night

They are def back for good

Did I watch another show? They did a good performance yes but so did everyone else. They won 1 award whilst others got 2. They also said very little when interviewed back stage:-

Mark what do you think - IT WAS GREAT

Gary what do you think - Yeah Great

Oranage and Howard what about you - Yeah what they said.

Did anyone else notice that Fern Cotton looked like a little girl who and found her mums make up?

Saw Wolfmother tonight, decent show. Special voice, and I really like their bass, low and hard.

For some reason, Woman is their most popular song ?? They don't have a lot of material, so there weren't any big surprises. A decent Zeppelin cover in the end wrapped it up nicely.. Rockers doesn't drink Corona though -_-

Is it just me who thinks the Arctic Monkeys are a great band on this web site?

There has only been a few occasions when I've heard a band for the first time and gone "Bloody hell! Brilliant"

Not really into the `MySpace` music scene type thing, much prefer CDs and records. But the Arctic Monkeys album is very good indeed. Hardly a bum track on it, and the writing of the lyrics was insight full.

So no Bob, you are not.

i recently purchased The Very Best of The Smiths

Top quality, i really love their songs, there not depressing they're thoughtful

Girlfriend in a Coma! ace

I have really tried to make myself like the smiths but I just cant. Some of the tunes are catchy but for some reason I can only hear his moaning voice going through me. Most songs head in the same direction:-

THEN I went for a walk

THEN I stopped walked

BECAUSE I didnt want to walk anymore

SO I didnt

THEN I bought an apple

BUT I didnt eat it

BECAUSE I didnt want too

etc etc etc etc

Well, thats I hear them anyway :ph34r:

New Modest Mouse album is simply superb.

Agreed. As is the new Explosions in The Sky album

Anyone heard of a band called Efterklang? I just got a copy of their album Tripper and it's really brilliant. Kind of glitchy electronic fuzz with some nice brass and choral singing. Lovely stuff. I imagine that this album was recorded in a snowy Danish forest and lots of animals came to watch. They left nuts and berries to show their appreciation (and were subsequently eaten by bears).

Agreed. As is the new Explosions in The Sky album

I was planning to go see Explosions in The Sky in April, but Amon Amarth and Finntroll are sadly playing the same night and its no contest for me really. I'm still new to this epic instrumental post rock stuff, but I like Pelican, Red Sparowes and Russian Circles plenty. Pelican are playing the very next night so I should be off to that one. :)

Anyone going to the 'Acoustic evening with Dave Matthews' at Apollo in Manchester on thursday night?

I got a spare ticket, really good seat on row J in the front stalls. Just happy to my money back for it, so won't sell it to make any profit if anyone here wants it!

just PM me if you are interested

I'm going as well for this one

Just playing the new The Fall CD

That's all.

Colin happy.

I can't work out whether I'm listening to The Doors, The Stranglers, Devo or John Denver.

The appeal of The Fall is that they are always different, but I'm sorry - that track where he's singing with his missus about u-boats is taking the p*ss.

I was planning to go see Explosions in The Sky in April, but Amon Amarth and Finntroll are sadly playing the same night and its no contest for me really. I'm still new to this epic instrumental post rock stuff, but I like Pelican, Red Sparowes and Russian Circles plenty. Pelican are playing the very next night so I should be off to that one. :)

Where are Pelican playing? anywhere in the UK? I quite like Red Sparowes aswell infact i think both bands include members from Isis am i right?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.