BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Music Discussion Thread

Not an Oasis fan but IMO Noel has a much 'nicer' (If that's the correct term) than Liam, and it'd be interesting if they started going more that way now.

Maybe it's just coincidence but everytime I hear more recent Oasis songs I always seem to catch one's where Noel is singing.

On wednesday i saw Robert Plant at Manchester Apollo. OK if you like Hillbilly music! However he did a fantastic version of Battle of Evermore. Worth the admission price alone! Thursday i saw Paul Weller in Blackpool. Back to form! I would still like to hear some more of The Jam stuff though! Great version of "All you need is love " at the end. :rover:

Went to the Bamboozle Festival at Giants Stadium this past week end. For the lineup click the link, I don't know how many of these bands are known all around the globe, but I had an absolutely amazing time.

Band Lineup

7:25 - 8:00 THE MIGHTY MIGHTY BOSSTONES

Did you see them?

Will have to rediscover the Roskilde Festival Thread soon, there's some truly amazing rock acts this year. The legendary Neil Young is one, and The Hellacopters, Clutch, Judas Priest, Gossip and Black Mountain others. I'm also looking forward to seeing Grinderman, Nick Cave's presence should be enough - and playing garage rock won't do any harm either.

Oh, and Radiohead..

OH YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*********************************************************************************************FROM THE MIRROR************

Led Zeppelin set for £250million world tour

By Graham Brough And Andy Threlfall 10/05/2008

Led Zeppelin

Related Articles

More Showbiz

What are you talking about? Get published

Showbiz picturesSupergroup Led Zeppelin are set to reform for a world tour after their triumphant one-off reunion concert.

The Whole Lotta Love legends, with more than 300 million album sales worldwide, are ready to rock 'n roll again to mark their 40th anniversary this year.

And like the Rolling Stones, they could each make up to £10million.

Fans have been calling for Led Zep to tour after their successful gig at London's 02 Arena last December, which saw Jason Bonham on drums in place of late dad John.

Singer Robert Plant, 59, was originally opposed to the idea but has been talked round by bandmates Jimmy Page, 64, and John Paul Jones, 62.

AdvertisementA long-time pal, Whitesnake's frontman David Coverdale, said yesterday the tour was "very likely" and he was expecting to be the support act.

David said: "I'm expecting a call from Jimmy any day asking my band Whitesnake to support them on their world tour. Am I on board? You bet. Probably worth billions!

"Unlike rolling out the wheelchairs with the umpteenth Rolling Stones world tour, a Led Zeppelin tour will be incredible."

A source added: "A couple of months ago, it looked unlikely because Robert was against the idea.

"But now it looks almost certain. It would either be at the end of this year or early 2009."

Don't do it Zeppelin!!

We love the way you were, not the way you are!

Unfortuantely money will talk, but the tour will offer nothing but nostalga to those lucky enough to make it (afford), and status to the majority of the suits who will make up the audience.

Don't do it Zeppelin!!

We love the way you were, not the way you are!

Unfortuantely money will talk, but the tour will offer nothing but nostalga to those lucky enough to make it (afford), and status to the majority of the suits who will make up the audience.

I Will do whatever i can for a ticket.Ive seen a lot of "older" bands over the past few years,alice cooper,motley crue,purple,journey,queensryche,motorhead,joan jett and twisted sister and they are like wine there still good even better now there older.....

I Will do whatever i can for a ticket.Ive seen a lot of "older" bands over the past few years,alice cooper,motley crue,purple,journey,queensryche,motorhead,joan jett and twisted sister and they are like wine there still good even better now there older.....

Age may make you a better musician, however rarely does it make you a better performer, especially a band like Zeppelin.

Three decades apart from creating music together usually does little either.

The Who have spent more time together on tour than Led Zep, and anyone who has seen them recently would argue it's time to chilax somewhat.

I am a big fan of the mentioned bands, I just really believe they shouldn't reform after all this time. Had they stayed together that would be fine, but the same bands with most the same fans who saw the last time they toursed usually ends in a big commercial poop. Bands that stay together aquire new fans, the music evolves, the band evolves and the shows evolve. This is just a case of re oiling the old machine.

In my opinion reformations are rarely cool. I hope they don't do it.

7:25 - 8:00 THE MIGHTY MIGHTY BOSSTONES

Did you see them?

Will have to rediscover the Roskilde Festival Thread soon, there's some truly amazing rock acts this year. The legendary Neil Young is one, and The Hellacopters, Clutch, Judas Priest, Gossip and Black Mountain others. I'm also looking forward to seeing Grinderman, Nick Cave's presence should be enough - and playing garage rock won't do any harm either.

Oh, and Radiohead..

Yeah I did and they were awesome. The pioneers of ska, they put on a great live act. I was glad to finally check them off my list.

The Wombats and especially - Lets Dance to Joy Division is excellent.

The Wombats are amazing. So talented live.

I went to see them for about the 7th time on saturday and once again they were superb. Next day they did Radio One's big weekend and they were adored by the masses once more. The UK album is a fantastic listen and is very easy on the ears.

I think I'm one of the few who finds the Wombats truly awful.

I'm also one of the few in that case. They're just one of 3,785,000 indie-pop bands who sound exactly the bloody same. Ruining guitar music they are, the lot of 'em.

Saw the Charlatans on Thursday night at Kentish Town Forum in London - 6/10.

Their new album isn't quite up to it, but they threw in quite a few of the old favourites.

Saw the Charlatans on Thursday night at Kentish Town Forum in London - 6/10.

Their new album isn't quite up to it, but they threw in quite a few of the old favourites.

Saw them on Saturday night in Lincoln. They were very very good. Disagree with you on the new stuff though Tris, best they've done for years - IMO of course!

I think I'm one of the few who finds the Wombats truly awful.

Off to see MGMT on Tuesday, should be good.

Are they the ones that sound like The Cure? I don't get to listen to whats going on much at the moment but when I hear a song lately there is sometimes no distinctive sound between to singers so I get mixed up between which band it is :unsure:

Are they the ones that sound like The Cure? I don't get to listen to whats going on much at the moment but when I hear a song lately there is sometimes no distinctive sound between to singers so I get mixed up between which band it is :unsure:

No thats the Hoosiers. Who can also sound like the Electric Light Orchestra as well.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.