BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Walkersteel Blackburn End?

The support will only decrease if prices continue to rise...there is no 'amen' about it Mr Buck!!

Old ground Mr. Wood.

I've given up trying to explain our attendance trends, as gates continue to grow ours continue to decline. The club offer cheap tickets, the gates still don't increase and season ticket holders moan.

Simple facts of the matter are, we're punching well above our weight, enjoy it while it last because with declining gates and lack of interest our current lofty position won't last forever.

Savor the moment, especially our European adventure because it may never happen again.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The club offer cheap tickets, the gates still don't increase and season ticket holders moan.

we're punching well above our weight, lack of interest our current lofty position won't last forever.

Savor the moment, especially our European adventure because it may never happen again.

All after the horse has bolted GAV which is what I have been banging on about for the past couple of seasons -couple that with 'End Souness' and other contributaries and we end up with what we are seeing now.

Cheap tickets - or Cheaper Tickets? - for games that aren't exactly on everybody's calendar as must see.

Punching above our weight -I hate this term - only used for clubs that people think should not be where they are - no we are not - we deserve to be where we are its irrelevant of how many people have watched us getting there.

lack of interest - now here's the crux - its been lost, problem being its alot of the what was 'the regulars' who have lost the buzz - the problem being its also snowballing to the ones still going.

Savour the moment - I think a few people want to but simply can't warrant the cost on their budgets to be able to - even I wonder now if it is worth getting season ticket year aafter year and I have had one 20 years - maybe next season will be the season when I don't - regardless of what we do this season

Old ground Mr. Wood.

I've given up trying to explain our attendance trends, as gates continue to grow ours continue to decline. The club offer cheap tickets, the gates still don't increase and season ticket holders moan.

Simple facts of the matter are, we're punching well above our weight, enjoy it while it last because with declining gates and lack of interest our current lofty position won't last forever.

Sadly, I can offer no argument against your post Gav :(

Two things the club should imrove to try and slightly increase sales:

Town centre outlet for tickets

Improved communication - Yes they have improved greatly but they are still short of top class

This the kind of issue that BRISA are interested in. In what way do you think Rovers can improve their communication with the fans? Do you mean something like sending letters to everyone on the database to inform them of cheap ticket deals etc, for example?

(BTW, it's "Steven" Reid, not "Stephen" Reid. Unless the guy in your sig isn't the Rovers player.)

It is costing me £35 for 2 days at Silverstone this weekend. Seeing legends like mansell, fittipaldi etc.

Thats 2 whole days worth of entertainment.

£35 for 1 match? Puts things in perspective doesn`t it.

I`ll tell you what the problem is plain and simple. Footballers geting paid £100,000 per week.

It cost £160 for a single Madonna ticket (2 hour performance). £100 for a George Michael ticket (2 hour performance) £49 for Kylie tickets (2 hour performance) £150 for a rolling sttones ticket- you get the drill. Also it cost €400 for one Euro semi-final ticket and €245 for another. Glorious goodwood cost £350 per person for a 4 hour day.

We can quote certain things as being good value and certain things as being poor value. It depends where your priorities lie. I want to go to every Rovers match that I can attend, therefore I will make sure I afford it. I know I'm lucky, but of my discretionary spend, the first amount always goes on football.

Choose between boring cars driving round a circuit many times and football, no comparison- it could be 25p to get in to cars and I wouldn't want to go. (I HAVE been tp a Grand Prix- the food was nice) Some of you will be the same about my hobbies. As I said, you choose your priorities and spend accordingly.

Edited by Jan

It cost £160 for a single Madonna ticket (2 hour performance). £100 for a George Michael ticket (2 hour performance) £49 for Kylie tickets (2 hour performance) £150 for a rolling sttones ticket- you get the drill. Also it cost €400 for one Euro semi-final ticket and €245 for another. Glorious goodwood cost £350 per person for a 4 hour day.

We can quote certain things as being good value and certain things as being poor value. It depends where your priorities lie. I want to go to every Rovers match that I can attend, therefore I will make sure I afford it. I know I'm lucky, but of my discretionary spend, the first amount always goes on football.

Choose between boring cars driving round a circuit many times and football, no comparison- it could be 25p to get in to cars and I wouldn't want to go. (I HAVE been tp a Grand Prix- the food was nice) Some of you will be the same about my hobbies. As I said, you choose your priorities and spend accordingly.

Still not the same context Jan - as they are all one offs and personally I wouldn't pay those prices either for any of that lot.

QUOTE(jonman105 @ Aug 8 2006, 16:48 )

I am a 20 year old walk on supporter who attends around 15 games a season and still buy junior tickets because I simply cant afford adult prices being at university.

stuwilky Aug 8 2006, 16:50

Now THAT annoys me.

Tantamount to theft

I think dominic matteo earning £35 k per week is closer to theft. i think the club charging £36 to go and watch two distinctly average football teams is closer to theft.

Also, Jan has been speaking ###### throughout the thread - the club can do no wrong in her eyes and she would go and pay £50 to watch rovers. ITS TOO EXPENSIVE TO GO AND WATCH 22 MEDIOCRE FOOTBALL PLAYERS FOR 90 MINUTES!! people are staying away for a reason

As I said, you choose your priorities and spend accordingly.

That's exactly what our fans are doing, staying away.

Too many people are now feeling that the prices charged down at Ewood are beyond their means and don't represent good value for the cost.

This the kind of issue that BRISA are interested in. In what way do you think Rovers can improve their communication with the fans? Do you mean something like sending letters to everyone on the database to inform them of cheap ticket deals etc, for example?

(BTW, it's "Steven" Reid, not "Stephen" Reid. Unless the guy in your sig isn't the Rovers player.)

The Club have invested a decent sum in new systems to improve the communications channels and get information, especially price and offers as quickly as possible to the fans. We send regular emails out, however there are alot of fans who we don't have their emails and who probably miss out on exclusive members offers like the tickets for the 'An Audience with Mark Hughes' last year, as they were quickly snapped up by those who received the email.

If you would like to update your details, here's the link https://eticketing.co.uk/blackburnrovers/

That's exactly what our fans are doing, staying away.

Too many people are now feeling that the prices charged down at Ewood are beyond their means and don't represent good value for the cost.

Adult Season Ticket - from £14.21 per game

Junior Season Ticket - from £5.21 per game

Young Adult Season Ticket - from £9.21 per game

And if you can't afford to pay it in full, there's a debit debit instalment plan option (£28.89 per month) which is still available

Adult Season Ticket - from £14.21 per game

Junior Season Ticket - from £5.21 per game

Young Adult Season Ticket - from £9.21 per game

And if you can't afford to pay it in full, there's a debit debit instalment plan option (£28.89 per month) which is still available

a lot of people cannot commit to a season ticket and face paying matchday prices of £36

I think dominic matteo earning £35 k per week is closer to theft. i think the club charging £36 to go and watch two distinctly average football teams is closer to theft.

Without wanting to be pedantic. And without factoring in that Dominic Matteo earns nowhere near £35k per week.

However, one is a contractual offer and accept situation, the other is fraud.

Edited by stuwilky

The Club have invested a decent sum in new systems to improve the communications channels and get information, especially price and offers as quickly as possible to the fans. We send regular emails out, however there are alot of fans who we don't have their emails and who probably miss out on exclusive members offers like the tickets for the 'An Audience with Mark Hughes' last year, as they were quickly snapped up by those who received the email.

Would these improved communications channels allow unofficial websites to reproduce such info without them having them mither PAPR for it. Even better if Rovers marketing department have a message they want to get out that is of some benefit to the fans (i.e. not 100% blatent advertising), then they could just forward it to admin@brfcs.com I'm sure our news editor would be delighted :D:tu:

On a less tongue-in-cheek note, it is nice to see that Rovers are aware of the need to improve communication channelsand are looking to improve them. I personally feel this is one area the club has needed to work on for years. Well done and long may it continue.

Presuming 6, 7, 6 (Cat a+, b, c)

Total ticket price in the BBE Lower would be £590. So Im saving £155 on my season ticket, as is the missus.

That means a young adult is saving a massive £350 on the matchday equivalent. You only need to get to half the matches to be onto a saving!!

Excuses, excuses, excuses all I hear about the attendance is friggin' excuses. You can get an ST in the Riverside or JW Lower for £270 (and we all know in the Riverside you can move anywhere you want), that is:

£28.89/month on direct debit or roughly £7.20/week

Over 12 months it's just over £5/week

I save for my STs, am i the only supporter who has a financial budget?

It's my guess 99% of those who do NOT attend Ewood simply use the price as the excuse. I'm told every time Rovers are at home (and on Sky) Blackburn pubs with Sky are rammed with fans. It's pretty bloody clear to me what the issue is. Beer, pure and simple beer. I really find it very, very difficult to believe the vast majority of stay-aways can't save £5/week to fund watching the Rovers. That's THREE pints of beer, big, big sacrifice. There are lots of comparisons one can make, and I agree £36 is a ridiculous price for 90 minutes footie, daft, plain daft, but that is the going rate. Don't blame Rovers for this situation, it is the PL as a whole that has created the current climate and it is the PL as a whole which will feel the cold wind of reality soon. We simply see it in Blackburn first, mark my words.

You can watch Blackburn Rovers play football for £5 per week. If you support Blackburn Rovers you should be there, plain and simple. The club have provided every possible incentive and the majority still whinge and moan. If you can afford to booze, you can afford an ST.

a lot of people cannot commit to a season ticket and face paying matchday prices of £36

This is a silly reply if you've read this thread before posting! It's already been stated before but I'll say it again for you: you can watch the game for about a tenner less by sitting somewhere else in the ground. The best bit about it is that you will still be watching the same game! You can complain about our ticket prices but there are very few Premiership clubs offering tickets for under £30 (available every game of the season, even A+ category matches).

EDIT: If your complaining about paying under £30 then don't complain here! That is less than the going rate for top tier football (compared against our other so called rivals competing for a top six finish) and as long as you want Rovers to challenge once more for a top six finish you got to get bloody well used to paying it!

Edited by roverich

£28.89/month on direct debit or roughly £6.50/week

I'm probably wrong as I don't fully understand, or for that matter care, how the Sky packages work but I reckon the Sky Sports footie package is £34 this year, Still can't afford a season ticket at Ewood Park? Chuck out the Sky dish. Easy isn't it?

Some great points there Paul.

Back in the 90`s I had a company car, fuel card, no mortgage and therefore no home improvements to take up my time.

Now, I have my own car, no fuel card, a huge mortgage ( try living in Oxfordshire ) and lots of work to get done.

A day out for two of us at Ewood now takes up over £100 of our money and about 6-7 hours on the road.

I do not have the time or energy.

Another point, and it is a small point. Its lower BBE or nothing for me. Thats where the atmosphere is which you want to experience when you`ve come so far. However, the only tickets left are normally along the sides and down the front. I think drums and I think sod that.

I guess you could put me in the bracket of one of those that has helped the decline in attendances.

I have however, been attending 1 or 2 games a year since 1980 so at least I can`t be classed as a glory hunter!

We looked in to moving to Blackburn and the surrounding area just so we could get season tickets but changing your entire life for the sake of football is pretty hardcore and lets face it, Oxfordshire/Wiltshire is pretty damn nice.

As for the "fans" ? who live up north and go to the pub to watch the game.

It bloody infuriates me. Its Rovers or nothing for me. I am frequently invited by mates to watch Swindon and Oxford but although they are my local teams, its just not the same. I wish I could support my local team like so many fans in Lancashire can but to have that opportunity and then go to the pub I will never understand.

You lot should take up advertising for the club - you have ALMOST convinced me to buy a season ticket! I have said for the past three years that I havent had a season ticket for Rovers because I can't afford it - but I stand corrected Paul, you have shown me a way that I can afford it for a similar price to what I end up paying for going to odd games here and there. But then I think Alan hit the nail on the head - I can't afford the time and the energy and if i bought a season ticket I would end up going to a the games. It is a long way up to rovers especially as the M6 is so rubbish and I work stupid hours

I am probably in the minority here but I pick games based on the day of the week they are on, date of the game, time of the game(does it fit into my social calendar) and dont even think about the price! Don't even really care about the opposition as I am going to watch rovers not the other team.

I am coming to Everton and Chelsea (and i am making my dad come with me) and I dont care it will cost me a small fortune but I am excited that i can mkae one trip back up North - get fed at my parents for a few days (hence saving money) and take in two rovers games! Small things...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.