BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Drummers: Should They Stay Or Should They Go

Should They Stay or Should They Go  

269 members have voted

1. 1. Should They Stay or Should They Go ?

• Keep Them. I like them.
    • Keep Them. But get them to drum in time
    • Keep Them. But get them to stop trying to put off the keeper
    • Keep Them. But only for big games
    • I simply don't care.
    • Get Rid. Simple as that

This poll is closed to new votes

Okay, there are lot's of people that moan about the drummers but do enough of us care to do anything about it?

My View:

Drummers the vast majority of the time kill the atmosphere and subdue the singing, esp in the BBE

Sky Etc. Deliberately fade the Mic's in the BBE as the drummers annoy the couch dwellers.

So, move them or sack them?

I say sack them, but then again I'm BBE lower tier.

We could easily get a petition together, loads of people would sign at the ground wouldn't they?

Thoughts?

Edited by daveoftherovers

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets have a vote on this but with some alternatives like the Pompey bell ringer, or the PNE band (full of wind!), or those clacker tubes that for example PNE had a couple of years back and looked class in their thousands.

Or Italian style flags rather than the occasional naff St Georges flag.

Okay, like the italian style flags, agree St George ones are naff.

How about we have a diving board & score cards in the BBE, everytime someone performs a bit of "Simulation" we get the board out and hold up our score cards?

How about we have a diving board & score cards in the BBE, everytime someone performs a bit of "Simulation" we get the board out and hold up our score cards?

Brilliant! Think thats a great idea.

I would definatly sign a petition to get rid of the drums.

Okay, like the italian style flags, agree St George ones are naff.

I'll sign !!

Mainly because im in the BBE lower, The best place to put them would be infront of the away fans to drownout their singing

:brfc:

BOTH GOOD IDEAS ;)

if the drummers wont go down the darwen end then ban the drums!

those clacker tubes that for example PNE had a couple of years back and looked class in their thousands.

I sincerely hope you are taking the p1ss there fella!!!! :lol:

The flags and banners would be ok but dont we have a safety officer akin to good 'owd Hitler down at Ewood these days,what happened to the huge flag sponsored by the local solicitors?

I'm afraid until somebody literally man handles the fella with the drum out of the Blackburn End he's here to stay,he really does believe in his own mind that folk want him there and he must love it when the cameras focus in on him jumping up and down like a 5 year old.......flurkin embarrassing!!! :unsure:

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

at charlton away last season at the valley he was fairly close, i was a few metres away and he had about 20 seats for himself and his drum.

a guy and a young lad used to 'drum' in the riverside. i've had the misfortune to sit very near to him at away games. he must ring the ticket office to find out where i'm gonna be sitting. :angry:

it's been said before, but any grown man that cant bear to be apart from his drum, has serious issues.

Regarding the flags....A while ago some mentioned that we should have flags between the Blackburn End upper and lower where it used to say McDonalds Family Stand. There is nothing there now.

Possibly have a flags for the nation of our players. i.e. an aussie one for Lucas and Brett, and English one for bentley, the USA one for Brad etc.

This is a recurring thread, why don't the contributors actively do something about it? The drummers do their bit to support the Rovers week in, week out. The only folk who express an opinion are those who are against the drummers, we rarely hear of any support for them.

If there are fans who feel so strongly about this issue and who think it is harming the club's support why not get up a petition to have the drummers moved/removed? Of course this would mean standing outside Ewood before every game collecting signatures, perhaps collecting signatures during the game, on the concourse at half-time. Obviously this requires some committment

I'm not keen on the drumming but I'm full of respect for the drummers. What they do week in, week out is demonstrate real committment to the cause. Don't think for one moment they aren't aware of the comments directed at them on here.

Even simpler - just drop an email to the club!

I have a sneaking feeling though, with no drummers the atmosphere would be even worse! Best idea - ask the club to ask them to stand down for a match or two and see what happens.

I have a sneaking feeling though, with no drummers the atmosphere would be even worse!

Correct. A lot of people seem to join in with him when he starts, so the people in support of the drummer(s) don't seem to be speaking up. I personally don't mind but know others that do.

As mentioned earlier in this thread, the best way would be to do some sort of petition at Ewood and the results would speak for themselves. Obviously there are other messageboards and supporters clubs who may or may not be in total support of the drums. The only other solution would be if the club allocated every rovers member a ballot paper with a 'KEEP' or 'GET RID' option! but i think that may be taking things a little to far!

:brfc:

Edited by Ben-2000

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.