BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sheffield United 0 Blackburn Rovers 0

ihtd

Are Liverpool a similar standard cos they drew with sheff united also? Whata load of crap. Its 4 games!

Yes! Liverpool cannot win Everton also so they are crap team too. In my prediction table Liverpool lies in fifth ( I have already predict Liverpool cannot be better than last year). As I have said before, we should act like a strong team if we are going to be good. But do you think a team who cannot win Sheff Utd. is a strong team or will be capable to lies in the first half of table? Let's face it. I have not become negative last year because we act " like a strong team" last year. But for this year, we have already let in 6 goal, only Middlesbrough worse than us. And we have just have 1 goal which is the worst in the premiership now.

Hughes said that he will see the table only after a few more match. I am very worry about this kind of words. I afraid that he will find that we are at the bottom when he first see the table several months later and it will be too late.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sheff U a newly promoted side shooting for a win against a team that has made an unexpectedly poor start- they would have been massively up for this one.

Chuck in Mike Dean hallucinating his way to three penalty awards.

All hail hero Brad and I will wait to read what people who went to the game before telling a bunch of posters on here that they are writring total crap.

Brad the man the legend!

It would appear again that we've created naff all even with Tugs back. :(

Man Citeh game now becomes absoloutely huge. We Lose/draw that and I really would start to worry.

Edit-Sky stats show we had ONE SHOT ON TARGET ALL GAME. Sheff Utd had EIGHT. I take it our solitary strike on target was the penalty? FFS Paddy Kenny could have been on holiday. We did have almost 60% possession though-if we ever knew what to do with the ball when we had it we could be a dangerous side.

Edited by Somerset Rover!

It was Zurab (Or the commentator said so, I almost missed it so didn't see the infraction. Very small in any case) for the first and Neill for the second (And that was NOT a penalty).

Could be, I don't know for sure. The BBC website states:

And, unbelievably, Dean found time to award another spot-kick - against Andre Ooijer - but Friedel denied Rob Hulse.

Certainly looked like Neill, and Brad on Five Live said it was Neill, so I guess it probably was Neill.

Now I've had timefor a quick drink, a more balanced approach.

Thought Jeffers worked extremely hard and looked like he could actually have been a worthwhile gamble.

Bentley is frustrating - just wish he'd do something simple at times. Gally should have been given at least 15mins.

Emerton again performed very well and looks to be playing with a degree of confidence.

MGP's best contribution was urging the away fans to cheer Brad at the end of the match. Peter should have come on at some oint for him.

Rovers will survive and will come good when the players start meshing as a team, which they aren't really doing as yet, but perhaps this isn't too surprising with the number of new faces and/or positions. However, I can't see Sheffield Utd surviving as I really don't think they can play much better.

Oh, and just remembered another highlight other than the park-and-ride. Sitting behind SteB is always a pleasure. ;)

Edited by Modi

Pretty poor. Friedel fantastic, he saved another from point blank in stoppage time. Why play Neil at left back? Why? He's out of position and even worse than when he's playing right back. He's not interested, rash and didn't play one decent pass all game. And then he somehow has the confidence to push Benni aside to take the penalty and calmly pass the ball into Kenny's arms. He's a tosser. turning down 2 million and Warnock was a huge mistake.

Tugay ran the show in the second half and we began to get on top of them, but never really looked like scoring. Benni looked dangerous on the turn once or twice and Jeffers was inches off nicking it in the end. He looked lively thoughout.

Pederson is looking like a little boy lost at the moment. He's just not up to it and looked out of his depth even against a newly premoted team. His corners are absolutely abysmal, not once did he get one over the first man and not once did he ever look remotely confident on the ball. He gave it away today too many times to count.

Brett and Bentley impressed again on the right. Bentley was our one creative spark and he faded in the last 10 minutes.

Not good enough at the moment. We're missing Bellamy's presence far more than I thought we would. We're much too easy to defend against and we look shakey at the back.

Edited by Kei

Back from the game so here is my report.

First and foremost thank the lord for Brad Friedel.

Now, this isn't a knee jerk reaction but if Ooijer and Zurab play like that in Salzburg we will get beat 4-0. I really do fear for us on Thursday. I think back to Everton at Dinamo Bucharest last year and them getting beat 4-1 - It may well be our turn on Thursday if we don't learn how to defend. If Sheff Utd had a striker instead of Rob Hulse they would have won easily.

Back to today. Pedersen or Gamst was awful, simply awful. Bentley, Tugay, Emerton did well. We missed Roberts up front - he holds the ball up well. While Jeffers did ok he's no back to the goal front man.

I can't blame Neill for missing the pen. He had the bottle to take it and I applaud him for that. Anyone who thinks he is doing 'a Gallas' is completely stupid. I was pleasantly suprised to see Lucas go round all the players prior to K.O and give them a pep talk and at full-time nobody looked more gutted than Lucas.

In summary - Lots of possession, no cutting edge and can't defend. Oh, Nelsen hurry back and Brad you earned your wages this week.

Ah, well turning down 2 mil for Neill was quite a big mistake.

Theres absolutely no need for a bunch of mindless idiots standing in Section E, to boo Neill towards the end of the game. Yes you know who you are!!!

Absolutely disgusting attitude towards a player who has every right to go and seek employment elsewhere but who whilst still in a Rovers shirt is playing his heart out to win.

Freidel-The hero, always looked in command of the ball, making some great saves from the penalties and never looking in too much trouble//10/10

Emerton-Solid again, and used the ball very well. His pace was an asset defensively, and he is a revelation at RB///8/10

Neill-He did well overall, at times looked slightly lost, but at least he had the bottle to take the penalty. Looked gutted when he missed it and seemed to care a lot, contrary to many peoples belief. 7/10

Zurab-Did well for some of it, but needs to build a better partnership with Ooijer as they dont seem to work well together. 7/10

Ooijer-Did well for some of it, but needs to be stronger and better positioned at times. 7/10

Bentley-Did very well for some of it, and got the ball in the box unlike MGP// 8/10

MGP- Poor corners and set plays, needs to stop tryinmg to score directly all the times. Some sloppy passing. 5.5/10

Sav-Can do better than he did, dwelled on the ball too much at times, breaking down promising attacks. 6/10

Tugay-Controlled the game at times, some slick passing and showed hes been missed. 8/10

Mcarthy- Did OK at times, at times sloppy but didnt seem as sharp as normal. 7/10

Jeffers-Lively and got into some good positions, but he can do better. 7/10

Nonda- Looked lively and a nice strong players. 7/10

Whilst I don't think Neill is intentionally making mistake after mistake, clearly his contribution so far this season has been pathetic.

I think Hughes has made a big mistake making him captain especially after he came out and expressed a desire to leave. My patience with the guy ran out today and I think he's in for a rough ride between now and Christmas from the fans.

That aside we should be beating teams like Sheff Utd, but we always struggle against relegation fodder. A point today is better than nothing so we should be greatful for that.

Roll on Salzburg :D

lucas is doing a gallas let him leave

Absolutely ridiculous

Lucas tried his heart out today, constantly prompting the team from left back, sometimes he got a bit out of position but a fair few of our more creative moments came from his runs forward, shame he missed the pen, it wasn't a bad one, a very good save.

Brad amazing, all round not just the pens

Brett was good again good in defence and attack

Zurab and Oojier looked dodgy and don't look good together yet, worrying

Gamst ran around a fair bit but gave nothing creative, every corner was poor very surprised he wasn't subbed off, we had two players who could have come on for him on the bench really don't understand that

Sav made some good tackles and some good running but very little going forward

Tugay did alright almost messed up big time but its his first game of the season and he didn't play that much in pre season so can't expect too much

Bentley did fairly well, he and Brett have the makings of a great partnership when they get more used to it

Jeffers surprised me a lot he looked lively, played pretty well on what he got, linked up with others well, with a little luck he could have had a pen too, all round much better than expected, I think he could make a good contribution to the team this season

Benny service wasn't great and he did alright with what he had, I would have subbed off Gamst not him

Overall the team was a bit poor, a bit weak at the back and lacking creativity in midfield, its not all doom and gloom though, early days yet quite a few new players settling in and Tugay not up to speed yet, Nelly to come back sometime, but I don't reckon we will be top 6 this year, but can still hope for top ten, also Newc (Sibierski hahahahha) and Spuds only have one more point than us so cheer up

Couldn't attend today boys, managed to get hospitality at Old Trafford for the Spurs game (Just got back).

One of the lads was a Burnley fan who saw his lot get stuffed 2-1 by Colchester, hey ho at least we got a point.

Some facility that is, free programme, loads of top scran served by fit waitresses, and I believe a premiership record crowd of over 75K.

I can't believe we achieved sixth last season looking at the start we've made, can't all be down to Bellamy can it ?

:(

Just got back. Disappointed, but if the home team get 2 pens and you still end up with a point, you can't really complain! Well done Brad !!

Anyone else notice the 'Sergio Peter' chants towards the end of the game everytime Gamst got the ball? Another shocking set of corners from MGP, surely someone else can get it past 1st man?

Either someone should have a go or we should stick someone on the near post for a flick on - as things go we're just wasting our time at set pieces.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.