BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 0 Bolton 1

den

I agree with alot of what Pestonwhite has said.

If there was no characters people loved to hate in the game (savage & spit for example) the game would be alot less colourful) For peole to make complaints to the police is plain pathetic.

If anything, Sundays defeat will have served a purpose, that being the building of a better more bitter rivalry between the Rovers & Bolton both on & off the pitch. You can almost guarantee a controversial game at the Reebok later this season. Hopefully next time Bolton will be on the end of a mugging & it`ll be the travelling Rovers fans celebrating.

;)

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The BWFC comments………….

First of all the game, yes we road our luck a little, but any team that misses 2 penalties in a game doesn’t really deserve to get much. You’re right Blackburn had chances and the goal that wasn’t was dubious but BWFC had their chances. Lets not forget Diouf hit the post and should have done far better when through in the first half.

As for style of play you can only play with the players you’ve got and more importantly can afford. Half the premier league teams seem to be of the view that Bolton should turn up, play in a very entertaining 6-2 defeat and be quite happy!

Some of you seem to be forgetting that the only reason you’re ever seen players such as Shearer at Ewood and some of the players you’ve got NOW is all down to Mr J Walker and his legacy. Realistically with the attendances at Ewood (and that’s not slagging you off) do you really think you’d even have some of the players you’ve got today if they weren’t being ‘subsidised’?? Let’s not forget you paid £7m for Kevin Davies, we got him for nowt!

Nine games in and we’ve conceded 1 goal from open play out of 4 conceded and we’re 3rd in the league….if you think all that’s down to luck then so be it (show’s your lack of knowledge of the game in my book!). I’m more than happy for BWFC to carry on being ‘lucky’ as I’m quite sure you’d settle for Blackburn being ‘lucky’ if you were in the same place as us!

As for Diouf, you seem to becoming obsessed by hurling abuse at him more than supporting / commenting on your own team. Walking out of the Bolton end to witness Blackburn ‘fans’ giving a statement to a WPC of how is behaviour was inciting the crowd was laughable!

Lets be honest do you think Dioufs made a complaint to the police about all the abuse he was receiving throughout the game????

As in any walk of life if you can’t handle getting some abuse back then don’t give it in the first place! Let’s not forget you’ve got that little angel in your side, one Mr Robbie Savage!

Don’t get me wrong I’ve no doubt Rooney and Ronaldo will get lots of abuse at the Reebok on Saturday. Am I going to complain or do I expect other BWFC fans to complain IF they score and proceed to give some ‘abuse’ back to the supporters??

No, it’s called banter and what makes football great chaps!!!!!

Apart from wanting to kick EHD's face in I've no problems with any of that. You really are doing well Preston white. But imo you are riding your luck cos if the FA had ever managed to get their heads from up their arses last January then Allardyce should be managing England now and you really would be in freefall.

Almost a bizzarre Bolton injury on Tuesday night. Was cycling past the Marriott hotel near Canary Wharf, and had to swerve to avoid some idiot larking around in the road. Spotted he and his mates were wearing BWFC gear, and that they were unloading from their team bus. Considered picking some speed up and going on another charge, but didn't want to damage the bicycle ;) . Must have traumatised the Trotters though as they lost to Charlton!

"I thought both the penalties we conceded in the final minutes of our 1-0 win at Blackburn were questionable - and question them is exactly what I did" Kevin Nolan

The second was certainly not questionable - and he fails to mention the two earlier incidents.

"I thought both the penalties we conceded in the final minutes of our 1-0 win at Blackburn were questionable - and question them is exactly what I did" Kevin Nolan

The second was certainly not questionable - and he fails to mention the two earlier incidents.

Would he have questioned them to his mother or grandmother in the exact same way? :huh:

Mind you he's a scouse git so I guess the answer is probably yes.

Bolton are the best example of how to ruin football as a spectator sport and any defence of their style of play is a complete and utter joke.

Bit churlish that Macca. Sams been doing great for Bolton for many years now and needs a bit more credit than you give him.

He was on the telephone to Soccer AM this morning, allegedly still whining about it. I didn't hear the interview myself though :angry:

I was in a pub in Farnworth last night :unsure: & chatted to a couple of Notlobbers who frequent the place.

They love Fat Sam to bits, but admit it`s not sexy football.

I told them Bolton`s players are well drilled in falling, diving & feigning injury in a bid to knock the opposition (who-ever it is) out of their stride. They laughed & agreed.

I had to concede their travelling fans outsung the BBE though, but told them we always out-do them at theirs.

Although i hate Man Ure with a complete passion, i`m glad they thumped Notlob 4-0 today, as they hate Man Ure even more than us! :tu:

I've just seen the highlights - what an absolute thrashing United gave them. Made me smile.

Comically, neither of these two managers talk to the BBC, so we've got the Assistant and the Captain fronting the questions.

Whilst listening to Gary Speed, it struck me as uncanny how much he sounded like Allardyce. Did anyone else notice this? He used Allardyce-isms and the inflection in his voice was so similar to Pig Sam.

I didnt think they outsung us last sunday, they only came alive in second half and even then they didnt sing much

Singing debate. The last refuge of the defeated. Does anybody really care? Opponants can outsing us anytime for me as long as we get the 3 points ... and we didn't.

Edited by thenodrog

Singing debate. The last refuge of the defeated. Does anybody really care? Opponants can outsing us anytime for me as long as we get the 3 points ... and we didn't.

Why do you have to be so dismissive and nasty Theno? People are entitled to come on here and talk about any aspect of the thread that falls within the allowable rules. In the case above the person concerned was just raising a point that he wanted to make and he is perfectly entitled to do so. It matters not one jot whether you or I or anyone else agrees with it, or even likes it, they are still entitled to do it. If you dont like what they say you can always ignore it, or else reply in a more constructive and civil manner. Chill out man! :rolleyes:

Why do you have to be so dismissive and nasty Theno? People are entitled to come on here and talk about any aspect of the thread that falls within the allowable rules. In the case above the person concerned was just raising a point that he wanted to make and he is perfectly entitled to do so. It matters not one jot whether you or I or anyone else agrees with it, or even likes it, they are still entitled to do it. If you dont like what they say you can always ignore it, or else reply in a more constructive and civil manner. Chill out man! :rolleyes:

You sure are a grumpy old man.

Just as you have every right to constantly come on here and complain about people's posts, so does Gordo.

In the case above the person concerned was just raising a point that he wanted to make and he is perfectly entitled to do so. It matters not one jot whether you or I or anyone else agrees with it, or even likes it, they are still entitled to do it. If you dont like what they say you can always ignore it, or else reply in a more constructive and civil manner.

Ditto Fife.

I think he was saying that if Fife didn't like what Theno had written then he should have just ignored it.

Fife does not like anyone being rude or agressive (joking or leg pulling obviously excepted). It is quite simply not necessary, and far from making the perpetrator look "big" or in any way superior it in fact shows their lack of control or even in some cases, their ignorance.

And as far my being a "grumpy" old man is concerned: nothing could actually be further from the truth. Anyone who knows me would find that statement incredible and laughable. I am a gentle person with high moral standards and I make no apology for that as none is needed. I do however care very deeply for the feelings of others and I am and always have been very quick to spring to the defence of people I see as under attack in any kind of unfair way; whether physically or verbally. This has got me into a number of "situations" over the years but I have always survived (so far) and I don't intend to abandon my principles at this stage.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.