BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 0 Bolton 1

den

Actually you muppet i travelled up to my aunts house in manchester saturday and saw the match yesterday. Not that i should need to give you my travel plans.

Forgive me for being a bit tired

Would that be your travel plans that allow you to post from an NTL account in the Brighton area 2.5 hours after the game has finished.

If your going to troll on a messageboard, at least try and keep your story consistent.

Idiot.

People, please don't quote RTM. I have him on ignore,

Sorry, but it had to be said to the muppet.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Ste. I was going to ask you what account RTM had used to post from.

Fairly obvious he wasn't there, just a shame he had to come on here spouting his usual crap.

RTM, you wonder why you have been abused so much on other websites, you don't do yourself any favours do you fella.

Apart from the fact that im disabled and dont get to see Rovers play often as London isnt possible for me due to the underground.

So no disabled people travel around / live in London due to the underground. Classic. There are buses, cabs, and overground trains just like every other town / city in this country.

B)-->

QUOTE(Ste B @ Oct 23 2006, 08:39 ) 454466[/snapback]

Would that be your travel plans that allow you to post from an NTL account in the Brighton area 2.5 hours after the game has finished.

I think you're underestimating him. I reckon he VNC'd into his home computer from his Aunts to post the first message.

All the critics on here can stick it! We lost our first game for about 8 or 9 and yes we missed penalties, but we still scored a perfectly legitimate goal which wasn’t given.

If Zurab’s header was given, which it should have been as replays show it about 3 inch over the line, then we would have been 1-0 up and I don’t think Bolton would of gone home with just 1 goal conceded against.

We battered Bolton, we outplayed Bolton, it was just one of those days where the ball wouldn’t go in. 62% Possession to rovers, 20 shots vs. 6. We absolutely battered them.

Well done rovers for outplaying one of the most disciplined teams in the league and well done for the reduced ticket price. We deserved at least 1 point, but really should of got all 3. Anyway not to worry. Chelsea next up, followed by West Ham away.

P.S – I hate Bolton and they have to the luckiest team in the league. Also Diouf needs putting down, he is like a wild dog!

The one I am referring to was in Box 1 - which I understood to be the players box? - I spoke to John Newsham last night and he wants to talk to me today.

Im not happy with this "its up to the police" mentality with corporate fans, just cos they pay their £100+ each match does not give them the right to gesture constantly to home fans. As I (politely) pointed out to the Chief Steward - I wouldnt last long in the stand if I banged on their window. He agreed.

Stu, could you mention Fat Sam chucking his used chewing gum by the pitch please (in temper and in the general direction of Sparky and the fourth official too). Out of order in my opinion apart from being disgusting and I don't see why he should get away with it. :angry:

Incidentally, apparently there were three lads from Australia at the match, who had flown over to see the match and were returning after. Don't know who they were, but that's dedication!

Edited by roversmum

The independet article says everything I have to say on the subject (Apart from the swear words)

http://sport.independent.co.uk/football/pr...icle1919317.ece

Just hope we are not going to be our usual charitable selves against West Ham! (We need to put them to the sword, ruthlessly, and get back on message, sharpish!)

:brfc:

(Good atmosphere though, neutrals loved it apparently!)

Another woefull performance when its really not needed...

Can you be suprised when fans dont turn up for matches when we put in pub team performances like this.

I mean we finally put in a good attendence and play woefully.

There are many massive over-recations to yesterday's game on here, some from people I would expect to have a more reasoned view. I've quoted this one beacuse it's just plain silly. Rovers put in an excellent performance yesterday, there was no Eurpoean hangover until the last 10-15 minutes when those who played on Thursday were clearly very tired....but even then we kept trying.

The game took ten minutes or so to come to life due to a Bolton defender being injured early on in their box. Once the game began to flow it was all Rovers, there is no point in describing different phases of the game because for 85 minutes we totally dominated Bolton. We looked ragged for 4-5minutes after they scored, in seasons gone by under both Sparky and Sounesss this would have signalled a "hell for leather" approach which rarely results in anything. In this game the team quickly regained their composure and continued to play excellent football which almost gave Rovers the deserved result. yes we should have scored from the penalties, they weren't good but sometimes that's how it goes. I suspect we could still be playing and not have scored in the game.

I left the ground disappointed but not feeling even close to how angry I'd have been if we hadn't played. Rovers were excellent, really, really excellent and I hope all those who turned out for their first game in many years appreciate just what they would have missed. Onwards and upwards Sparky with a team in this rich vein of form we have a great chance of winning a trophy this season.

At the start of the season we would all settle for 10th in the PL and top of our UEFA group at this stage. On top of that we have a team playing great football, a board listening to the fans on ticket prices.....what else do we want?

Aplogies for repeating myself but I was amused by the three fans in fron t of me who didn't know how to get through the turnstiles. How long have wew had those bar code readers?

PS......much as he is a disgusting individual and a plain cheat I couldn't help but be impressed with Dioujf's football yesterday. What a shame he is such an unpleasant little git in every other aspect.

Aplogies for repeating myself but I was amused by the three fans in fron t of me who didn't know how to get through the turnstiles. How long have wew had those bar code readers?

They could be like me Paul who dont get to many games - the first time I saw them I thought we had hired Metal Mickey as a Steward :D

They could be like me Paul who dont get to many games - the first time I saw them I thought we had hired Metal Mickey as a Steward :D

No these were definetely Blackburn people. OK could have been exiles but I doubt it as the fouth member of their group had an ST.

Another woefull performance when its really not needed...

Can you be suprised when fans dont turn up for matches when we put in pub team performances like this.

I mean we finally put in a good attendence and play woefully.

I just hope that sparky has some money to spend in january because if we keep playing like this a 12th - 13th place finish would be good...

Dont give me the better team lost rubbish, its goals that matter in a game and if we cant score them then we dont deserve to win.

Trully shocking that our 2 star signings of the summer missed penalties today, trully shocking...!

:angry::(

Oh and to add, i cant believe Sparky is paying credit for that performance.

Yes we had long spells of ball posetion, but if you dont score with the balls you play then whats the point.

Roberts hasnt scored since he has arrived, benni has looked more like a midfielder up front, Nonda has looked ok in pieces of matches and the only strikers to come out of this season so far looking like there trully trying is franny and gally and they didnt even get a chance today.

One good thing about this game, nice to see Sergio on the pitch again!!

Unbeleivable. I've never read a bigger load of toss. Get out of here.

And I can double confirm it! I watched the whole game live on Arab TV in a bar in Edinburgh, along with 9 other Rovers fans. The Arab TV ran an instant replay of Rovers goal that wasn't given. This shows in full screen close-up that the ball is right over the line with 2 or 3 inches of grass showing beyond the line and before any part of the ball; i.e. the whole ball is net side of the goal line.

However, while this is disapointing from a Rovers point of view, you can't really blame the ref,

Maybe not but one could surely point a finger at the linesman........ sorry but if I use the term 'referees assistant' it makes the decision even worse. Nowadays there is a buzzer on the flag, but if they cannot see along a simple white line then they may as well have the buzzer up their arse!

Anyone else read big sam's rant to sky about the ref almost costing them the game as he was affected by the crowd? Umm wasn't there two penalties eariler that we should have been paid?

This is the report from The Independent, containing the comment that, given that Rovers had four legitimate claims for penalties and a perfectly good goal disallowed, it was incredulous that the complaints about the ref came from the winning manager.

http://sport.independent.co.uk/football/pr...icle1919317.ece

I can only echo the comments on Neils marking. After the way Liverpool scored against us last weekend you would like to have thought that was the one way that we wouldn't have conceded in this match. Unfortunately for us the four major turning points went against us-and when this happens lady luck really isn't on your side!

On a sidenote how do people think Nonda is settling in for us?

Anyone else read big sam's rant to sky about the ref almost costing them the game as he was affected by the crowd? Umm wasn't there two penalties eariler that we should have been PAID?

What are you insinuating Perth, Big Sam and Money Changing Hands?

:lol:

In Summary, it was a tremendous advertisment for the game and our club, the ground was nearly full, the atmosphere was good, the last 10 mins unbelievable and we are getting all the plaudits from the press and the neutrals (Barring the penalty takers, naturally.)

SO, I'm happier because our team performed, because bar 10 mins after they scored (Natural?) we were far superior, we didn't cheat or time waste, our manager isn't seen as a baffoon, we just can't take penalties this year.

Now, the big question for me, What are Bolton going to do with the price of the return match? I ain't paying £39 effing quid again!

On a sidenote how do people think Nonda is settling in for us?

I really like him. I havent seen the Bolton game so cant comment there but the other games I think he has look awsome - most impressed with his movement. Just wish we could get Nonda, Benni and Roberts in the same team

I really like him. I havent seen the Bolton game so cant comment there but the other games I think he has look awsome - most impressed with his movement. Just wish we could get Nonda, Benni and Roberts in the same team

Thought he has an excelent game yesterday - the pick of our forwards. He is less gifted than Bennie but his work rate is tremendous and he was causing havoc in what is one of the Premiership's best defences.

IPB Image

Don't know how fat Sam can complain. Out of the two given the first was harsh, but the second was blatant. Emerton should have had a penalty in the first half, and the above foul on Roberts wasn't give either. That and the fact that we had a goal disallowed and they won - what the hell was he complaining for?

before i start- it's not sour grapes, id've made the same comments if we'dve won.

Bolton's approach to the game is disgraceful and has been well documented, but seems to have deteriorated still further.

they make Wimbledon look like they swaggered around the 'brazil 70' way!

how can a team time-waste from the 1st minute ? i remember them time-wasting at anfield when they were 1nil down!

the fact that we lost, doesn't particularly bother me. it's the way we lost- that's hard to take.

however, I'd rather get relegated to the conference playing our way, than playing the Bolton way and being 'successful.'

the penalty situation---- feeble.

i expected Roberts to blast it. better to do a tugay, than pass it back to the keeper.

it's like the late 80's all over again.... and if it continues, we'll have to bring David mail out of retirement (or arrange behind close doors pen practice against stoke). :D

some positives to end on. that performance was our best fballing performance since may 04 (at spurs). we look a real threat from most departments.

it just wasn't our day yesterday. Wednesday cant come quick enough.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.