BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 0 Bolton 1

den

Sorry guys, we don't have a preview in for this game yet. There was a volunteer for it, but I can't get any reply from them. So we'll have to help ourselves for this one. If there are any relative links around, please post them on here.

Jason Mcateer thinks there is nothing between the sides.

Bolton will be watched by one of their biggest away followings for many years.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bentley, tight hamstring, and Savage, back injury, are both doubtful for Sunday's game. I'm hoping we can avoid a Euro hangover this time and go out at Bolton from the KO.

3-1 Rovers

On the face of it we should be expecing a gate of around 26000 plus for this match, that is 8000 extra seats from last years crowd at Ewood.

Hope to see a positive reaction from Rovers who are on a roll.

I can see Roberts starting with Benni, bringing on Shabbi to notch the winner in the second half.

Rovers 2-1 winners

I think that Sav and Bentley should be able to shake off their injuries from last night.

As already said, hopefully we'll play right from the start this time, against City and Wigan we just didn't start playing til 2nd half. I think Bolton will punish us more if that happens again.

My feeling is that Big Sam will deploy his spoiler tactics again and reduce the game to scraps (like past few seasons) hopefully we'll rise above it and win.

My bet Rovers 1 - 0

MGP with the goal

I hope Savage and Bentley are not injured! If they are we are pretty screwed! Tugay must be knackered as it is.

My team, if the two above are fit:

Nonda          Roberts

McCarthy

Bentley             Savage
                    Mokoena

Niell   Zurab     Ooijer    Emerton

Friedal

If they are not fit then I suppose we will just have to swap Pedersen for Bentley and Tugay for Savage. I would like to see Gally get a start but I think his absence from Poland (where we were allowed seven on the bench) shows that he is out of favour.

5600 tickets sold by bolton - good news!

However i hate the fact that the paper and BWFC wont accept that the price is what is attracting the extra fans back.

Well Done Blackburn Rovers FC for the price initiative! They deserve 100% of the credit

Really a must not lose game. To lose this would be embarrasing, even though Bolton are doing very well at the moment. It is at home, and we are flying high. Just don't want to come down ... Wouldn't be overly disappointed with a draw at this stage, thought that may change depending on our performance.

Bolton is the last team you want to face after a european game, their physical game will really test our team's stamina and fitness levels. The heart says this'll be a draw 1-1 but the head's quite worried it'll be a loss.

Our squad looks pretty thin in places especially midfield. I'm worried how long Sav and Tugs can keep up their excellent form. Tugs is 35 and Savage high energy game must be taking it's toll on him. Personally I've a feeling that this game could well be the game in which we feel Nelsen and Reid's absence the most.

I'd be tempted to give Roberts and Todd starts as this will be an ugly game for certain. Zurab in particular seems to not like the physical side of the game, although the idea of Diouf and Anelka running at Ooijer doesn't fill me with confidence either. As for roberts this would be his type of game. However I can't see Hughes dropping Benni, and Nonda is up for a physical battle and was excellent on Thursday so I can't see how he'll get a place in the team.

With all the fans going it should be a fantastic atmosphere and I'm really looking forward to it, if a little anxious.

1-1 Nonda

I like this Bolton team.

They're tough, hard to beat, play better football than they're given credit for and get up the noses of the metropolitan media.

In fact, everything a good Lancashire team should be.

Davies and Diouf are an excellent combination and will give Oooeeerr and the Georgan chap a torrid afternoon.

Euro hangover and a 2-1 defeat I'm afraid.

I hate Bolton Wanderers.

They're crap, quick to cheat, play sub standard football that incredibly has taken them up the table, and curry favour with the local media.

In fact, everything we love to hate about Manchester clubs.

Davies is a two foot tackling thug with a big slapped arse high forehead mummy's boy look, and Juff is a spitting cheating ponce. Our defenders Zurab Khizanishvili and Andre Ooijer are an excellent combination and will those two a torrid time.

Europe high spirits and a team glowing in confidence, a 2-1 win.

Bolton have only been involved in one league match this season where there have been more than two goals scored. Generally they are host to low scoring affairs against Rovers, and we recorded two 0-0 results against them last season.

Bolton will play a very tight and very physical game, and I'm not exactly sure we're up for it. If we had a seven day break then I would fancy McCarthy to get a goal, since I think it has been his poacher's instinct that we have been missing from these encounters. However, with the heavy schedule I think he might be out of the game due to the pure physicality of the affair, especially if we fail to get men up to support him.

A 0-0 draw is a likely result, but it won't be a bore because there is no doubt bound to be some controversy! They'll probably target Savaggio again.

However i hate the fact that the paper and BWFC wont accept that the price is what is attracting the extra fans back.

Read the article again, the paper mentions the pricing as the main reason for what should be a full Darwen End.

"Wanderers supporters, who have had their interest sparked by their team's recent surge up to third position in the Premiership, have responded enthusiastically to Rovers' radical initiative to slash prices by more than half for the derby duel, which attracted a crowd of 28,862 in 2002-03 season but which last season was watched by only 18,180."

Fans in Ticket Frenzy

;)

Confidence gained by the Euopean win will breed it's usual complacency.

Bolton know from last year that we will be tired and a little arrogant...

Bolton come out all guns blazing..... half time BRFC 0 - BWFC 2

Cheating senigal foward cons the officials time and time again, Bolton score from dead ball following his theatrics.

"game of 2 halfs"

Balckburn play to their strenghts, Bolton sit back thinking "Job done"

Full time score BRFC 2 BWFC 2

Bentley sent off

NOTLOB fans ejected from BBE after 15 mins...

How come the Bolton media are all excited about this fixture and the low prices and the Blackburn media are ignoring it?

There will be infiltration all over by Notlobers because of the LT not giving it the push they should have done early enough.

I cannot see us winning this one.

Rovers 1 Bolton 3 and Anelka finds his form.

2-0 Rovers. Neill and Emerton to suffer a massive bout of jet lag after flying back from Poland. Emerton with the first, picking the ball up in his new right back position he'll beat 5 Trotters in a mazy run up the pitch before slotting one in from 20 yards. Unfortunately he'll be found to have been sleep walking and will never again repeat this amazing feat of football trickery. Savage to score yet again despite breaking his back in seven places against Wisla. Diouf to be sent off after 4 minutes for a premeditated act of just being himself.

Normally I'd go for a goalless draw, but since Bolton have started to play some decent football and we play like donkeys after a European night, it's a tricky one.

So how about 2-2?

Bolton to tear us to shreds first half, much grumbling about the defence (and MGP if he plays), then a half-time rollocking from the gaffer and a couple of late goals from Bentley (for England) and McCarthy.

Simon :brfc:

I really hope we win this one, as I can't stand Bolton and El-Hadj Diouf. We are playing well at the moment , as are Bolton and it will be a tight game. We have struggled at home against Bolton, so it's about time that we put in a good performance against them and win.

Rovers 2 : McCarthy, Nonda

Bolton 1 : Nolan

I can't remember the last time we beat Bolton at home, and we're usually a bit slow out of the blocks after our European sorties so I will be very pleasantly surprised if we win this one.

1-1.

Yes we are, BUT so far this year we've overcome our sluggish start to fashion a Win, so make it 2-1, they score in the first 15 minutes, then we score just on the stroke of half-time and batter 'em for 1 more in the second half...

2-1 Rovers, Gamst to come out of his hiding place, score a goal, cement his place in the side for two more months and Benni will score the winner to start another scoring streak!

Our current form of 8 in a row matches last year's longest unbeaten streak, so let's better it this year!

I hate Bolton and their players, manager and the manager's tactics. usually when a team takes the A1 approach, it's to compensate for a low transfer budget or lack of quality players, or in our case to just survive until the new manager can start making the team his own...Fat Sam, on the other hand, cannot fall back on any of these reasons and he still employs the Hoof And Run tactic. What a plonker, and don't give me "A result is a Result", because winning a game where you played badly starts to get old as well. Just because the Bolton fans keep telling themselves that, they believe it to be truth...

Sod off Bolton and take yer 5000 fans with yer....

Blood and Thunder Derby - not.

Anyway - predict similar to the Citeh game with possibly notlob taking lead.

Being experts at it now, a rally in the second half sees Bert awakes from his sleepwalking jetlag and provides a cross for Pedersen to smash into the top of the net this time with his mullet.

3 V 2 Rovers

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.