BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Manchester City 0 Rovers 3

colin

Good, solid performance. Thought McEveley looked good today apart from a few dodgy passes. I've not been convinced by Nonda yet but it looked to me like he was a little sharper today than I've seen before. Great result!

You must be kidding about Nonda, I really thought he was awful today, right back to his "laid back", for want of a better word, style of play. Jay Mack played very well I thought, early on he looked very good going forwards.

Great win today, super win and a lot better performance all around to day. Stuart Pearce dropped a peg or two in my eyes today. I thought citeh were constantly pushing, pulling, holding and forearming our players all day long and were never pulled up for it. Did not think Pearce would condone that type of play.

Now the bad bit, I already mentioned Nonda I thought he was terrible I have a strong dislike of players who give up on balls simply because the don't wish to run. He caca'd out of a tackle or two. Benni bothered me today too he just did not seem to want to work hard. Someone mentioned before and I agree, these two are like Cole and Yorke at Rovers. PLaying alone Benni does a lot better than when Nonda is alongside him. Hope I am not reading too much into Benni's lack of effort today, is he perhaps wondering if a move to Chelsea migh not be such a bad idea, especilly with the insane money being bandied around as Neill's salary. I don't know he just did not seem too interested today.

Great result though, anyone notice the way the commentators were bigging up Bentley, comparing him to Beckham with his crosses (rightfully so too) they trying to get him sold?. Yet again I was left frustrated by the negativity towards us from the broadcasters, MGP's free kick being an exception.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

USA, I'd say it was less bias and more ignorance. Like the fact that they found it more likely MGP would play fullback than Emerton. They made it sound like he's only played there once or twice and didn't realize he's been the starter there most of the season. There were a couple other examples like that I noticed, but no bias.

Tugay was unbelievable, best he's played for 5 years, who said Dunn's signing was of no benefit? :tu:

Other coincidences: best overall team performance of the season, (although McCarthy and Nonda weren't great) benefit of having 11 men on the pitch pulling for the cause instead of 10?

MGP's best performance of the season by far playing in front of Jay rather than Lucas.

Derbyshire: yeah, he really was crap again. only managed one goal in his 8 mins on the pitch and it's only 3 in 4 games now. :rolleyes:

Guest Kamy100

Great result. superb performance and the legend (Tugay) provided a masterclass in the first half today. Like Rev said it was definately a team effort, although I was disappointed with Nonda, his first touch seems to have deserted him. McCevley was solid at the back, although his distribution at times was awful. MGP is definately coming back to his best, he has been playing well for the last couple of weeks and todays performance from him was top notch.

Now hopefully we can go to Watford and get another positive result and that should set us up nicely for the rest of the season.

Went today just got bck, did anyone see why we had about 10 fans chucked out?

Excellent performance thourght we controlled it in midfield from the off, another masterclass from tugay and decent perforamancs all round. Man City fans very quiet, all game onwards and upwards

It wasn't you responsible for the song praising 'Jade Goody' in the concourse at half time was it? :ph34r:

Brilliant 1st half performace from Tugay ... and Nonda had one of his best games in a Rovers shirt. City must be regreting the move to Eastlands .... a ground even more souless than Villa park.

3-0 and happy days in which has been an awful week in which one of my best buddy's died by suicide, rip ashley mate :( a top bloke.

my view of the team:

friedel. well good saves and commanded his box.

ooijer. looked fairly solid until the injury. sad to see him out for the season.

zurab. tidy job at the back.

henchoz. vassell had him for pace all day but he done his best, nasty late challenge in the 2nd half.

jay. done alright though will need to improve imo if he wants to keep the left back birth.

bentley. excellent cross for the goal, was a thorn to city all game.

tugay. top drawer, city gave him so much space and he punished them.

savage. the captain ran and chased all day, full of energy and done his job for the team.

mgp. man of the match imo, 2 class goals and his best performance of the season so far.

nonda. i thought he done alright in the first half, held up the ball well and had some great turns.

benni. done alright, offside to many times for my liking. show boating at the end, luved it!!

bert mk2. played well apart from one late tackle in the 2nd half.

gallagher. only had a few mins and didn't have many touches.

derbyshire. a well taken goal made though heart and determination.

overall i thought we dominated and took our chances in what was a great team performance.

friedel was immense, the defense neutralized the pace of citys attack and controlled the game from the back.

tugay was sensational as he had so much time and space to play and had awesome outlets with mgp and bentley.

savage ran and chased everything down all game as city panicked and the forward line done well apart from the offsides. derbyshire is doing just fine :rover:

nice to hear the blackburn faithful sing the super feyenoord tune, i think we out numbered the city fans in the stadium after the 3rd went in, they streamed out!! :)

It wasn't you responsible for the song praising 'Jade Goody' in the concourse at half time was it? :ph34r:

Brilliant 1st half performace from Tugay ... and Nonda had one of his best games in a Rovers shirt. City must be regreting the move to Eastlands .... a ground even more souless than Villa park.

No my friend it wasnt, but saw 4 lads that looked about 10 :lol: get chucked out so it may have been them

Great win…days like that really make me miss being back home, and being able to rub all my local City noses in it.

My enjoyment was slightly tarnished, as from the seventh minute a moustached mulleted German band arrived to set up their equipment infront of the TV

Gutted for Ooijer

Well done lads :):brfc:

Good performance, though I was worried by the lack of chances we created in the first half when we had so much of the ball. We could easily have let in a couple if City had taken their chances and had it not been for Brad and Bentley. Shame about Ooijer, but other than that it was a very important 3 points and we did deserve the victory.

I like Stuart Pearce a little more now than I did before. Just as I posted before the match, he tells it as it is!

In his after-match comments he did not adopt the usual tone from losing opposition managers; at best grudging acknowledgement of Rovers performance, and more often bitter complaints about Rovers "bullying tactics" or the rubbish officials etc, etc. Pearce came straight out and said Rovers were the best team and deserved their win, which was the plain un-varnished truth. Would that other managers could be so honest!

There was seriously over zealous stewarding at City yesterday, with a number of ejections made.

I though Rovers bashed City up to be honest, and although they could have had a penalty I think decisions are now starting to even them selves out after a cruddy set of calls earlier in the season.

MGP was a star last night, and Savage,Nonda and Bentley were also impressive.

Can we play away every week? Been to Wigan , Everton and Manchester in the last 3 game and the aggregate score stands at Rovers 10 others 1.

Archived