Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Manchester City 0 Rovers 3

colin

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:unsure:

What is an assist :unsure: ?

the last person to have a touch before the scorer sticks it in the onion bag - ie Bentley got the assist for the first goal because he stuck the cross in for MGP to bury.

I cant be arsed looking at the results - but havent we scored 3 or more goals in our last 3 away games? (including FA cup)

fantastic performance today, all the goals were brilliantly taken

Give Savage the armband every week!

He was a different class today, he never stopped running and harrying all day

My only disappointment was the amount of free kicks are defence gave away + Ooijer, he looked in massive amounts of pain

Yes we have.

3-0 Wigan

4-1 Everton

3-0 Man City

Incidently all in the North West

Also, I must add that Nonda held the ball up BRILLIANTLY today and his strength on the ball was immense. One of his better performances although he wasnt a direct goal threat, largely because of the lack of service.

I thought Derbyshire showed great determination and composure for his goal and he is looking better each time I see him. I really hope his improvement doesn't level off: he's never going to be a top premiership player but he looks like he's going to be a good one!

Friedel was outstanding pulling off a few saves and showing everyone that despite his age, he has at least another 2 seasons of top flight football in him! Pedersen's goals were both great but this shouldn't take credit away from Friedel: had it not been for him this game could have been 3-3 or worse.

Will be nice to play Watford (where we should expect to pick up another 3 points) before going to play Chelsea (though if ever there's a good time, this is it).

Actually I hope we dont get overconfident before the Watford game, as it could really undo the good work we have done in recent weeks and with the fact that Nelsen, Roberts and Dunn are to all come back into the team over the next couple of weeks, its a big boost for our squad going into the end of season run in.

Oh happy days, Oh happy days :P

I predicted a dire draw, might have got the dire bit a bit right but as for the scoreline, WOW are you wathing lucash Neill???

3-0 away, city's biggest home defeat at Eastlands (equalling Leicester) and a sincerely big smile across the players and the managers - not to mention he supporters - faces.

Sad about Andre as he really has fitted in in recent games, I think we will miss him especially in Europe away games.

Pleased as punch for MGP, I have slated him in the first half of the season but today he was bang on form, the same from Bentley and Savage.

Cheeky third goal for young Derbyshire, george Graham thinks a lot of him so he cant really be that bad can he ?

So its up to 10th position with a game in hand, a win at Watford would see us jump into 8th place and virtually banish without doubt any relegation fears thus ensuring LOADSAMONEY at Ewood Park next season.

The next phase of Rovers season is shaping up. I see a win at Watford and progress in the FA Cup, add this to a draw in Germany and February could be a very very good month if your a Blackburn fan. Dare we even think that we could really upset the apple cart and become the first team to win at the Russian base in London ?

The Budweiser tastes really good tonight :brfc:

My annual pleasure to be back home before everyone else, and quietly enjoying and ice-cold vodka. Mmmmmm vodka

I don't think anyone had a bad game, Rovers played like a team who liked each other, there were moments (I'll go overboard here) where we passed the ball around like Arsenal at their best.

I'll stand corrected but I think Nicky Weaver didn't make a save today, we had three goal attempts and scoffed the lot.

And for all of us who think that the "leaving before the final whistle brigade" is bad at Ewood........well it might be bad, but it ain't nothing on the City supporters.

Oh what a happy day.

Rovers played like a team who liked each other, there were moments (I'll go overboard here) where we passed the ball around like Arsenal at their best.

And only a week too late! :D

Great result, especially with Notlob getting tanked at the Riverside. Hopefully we'll push on now, but desperately sorry for Ooijer. Hope it's not as bad as it looked at first.

A storming result for Rovers. We walloped them no doubt. From start to finish Citeh were second best and they just couldn't match our tempo.

Bentley, Tugay, Henchoz and Friedel had excellent games. As did Savage as captain. Pedersen however proved how good he can be when he fancies it and proved to be a true match winner.

"Ah, I see Colin decided to go with a substance lighter than normal today"

:D

I cycled there & back so I had to take it a bit easy.

"Your 5,900 post. Have you enjoyed another one as much?"

The 2-1 win at The Theatre of Merchandising last season was just about as good as it gets. Cycled back home on the Fallowfield Loop singing "Morten Gamst Pederson La la la la la" Whilst waving my arms in the air.

All the way.

I got some strange looks when I went past Tesco in Fallowfield.

City let Mark Hughes’ Blackburn Rovers dictate the game too much in the Blues’ 3-0 home defeat according to Stuart Pearce.

A pair from Pedersen and the late killer blow from Derbyshire saw Rovers go back to east Lancashire with all three points, and afterwards the City Manager gave his reaction to the game.

“We were not at the races today, without a doubt,” Pearce said. “We were out-fought and I thought that Rovers dictated their formation onto us and dictated the game.

“Apart from one two skirmishes, especially after the break, we felt sorry for ourselves today for whatever reason – but we shouldn’t have done. We did not impose ourselves, and I don’t think too many of our boys can leave the stadium tonight and hold their heads up. They know that, and we are very disappointed.

“It just goes to show exactly what I have been saying, that if you are two per cent off in the Premier League on any given day, you will get beaten. We were today, more than two per cent off in fact, and that’s what happened.

“If we all play to our maximums, we are an extremely hard side to beat, but if we don’t then we know our shortcomings. We were not good enough today, and that’s the bottom line.”

City had gone into the game having not lost for six matches, and now Pearce says he has to re-focus the squad’s mind ahead of next Sunday’s FA Cup fourth round tie at home to Southampton

“It’s a real blow, after six games unbeaten and especially in front of our own fans. We have done ourselves no credit whatsoever, but once again this is how you find out a bit more about your squad when they react and start work again next week. Now there is another massive game ahead of us next weekend.”

Oh happy days, Oh happy days :P

I predicted a dire draw, might have got the dire bit a bit right but as for the scoreline, WOW are you wathing lucash Neill???

3-0 away, city's biggest home defeat at Eastlands (equalling Leicester) and a sincerely big smile across the players and the managers - not to mention he supporters - faces.

Sad about Andre as he really has fitted in in recent games, I think we will miss him especially in Europe away games.

Pleased as punch for MGP, I have slated him in the first half of the season but today he was bang on form, the same from Bentley and Savage.

Cheeky third goal for young Derbyshire, george Graham thinks a lot of him so he cant really be that bad can he ?

So its up to 10th position with a game in hand, a win at Watford would see us jump into 8th place and virtually banish without doubt any relegation fears thus ensuring LOADSAMONEY at Ewood Park next season.

The next phase of Rovers season is shaping up. I see a win at Watford and progress in the FA Cup, add this to a draw in Germany and February could be a very very good month if your a Blackburn fan. Dare we even think that we could really upset the apple cart and become the first team to win at the Russian base in London ?

The Budweiser tastes really good tonight :brfc:

Not being pessimistic or anything, but there is only 3 points between us and 15th place...

Savage emphasized that Bentley and MGP werent performing to their best at the beginning of the season but now that they are its made a big difference to Blackburns form. He pushed Bentley for an England call-up as well.

To be honest, I think our upturn in fortune can be said to have been partly caused by the form of those two right when the going was getting tough for us.

Savage emphasized that Bentley and MGP werent performing to their best at the beginning of the season but now that they are its made a big difference to Blackburns form. He pushed Bentley for an England call-up as well.

Savage means well, but it's not a good time for Rovers, for Bentley to get involved with the England setup.

I'm probably going to be in the minority here, but I thought Savage was actually quite poor. True I was watching it from the relative comfort of my living room over here in Melbourne, but from what I saw, he gave up posession at least 80% of the time he had it. He seems to always be panicked when passing and often this leads to stray balls or simply getting caught under pressure. Having said that, his energy and willingness to chase down the opposition is immeasurably important, and until we get a ready made replacement for Reid, we've got none better. I just found it frustrating watching him give the ball up so often.

I thought Jay was quite good today, sure he played some sloppy passes, but I thought overall he did pretty well. MGP and Bentley were superb. Bentley's ability to cross the ball with pinpoint accuracy, without beating his man, had the commentator creaming his pants and likening him to Beckham. Must admit, he looked pretty good on the telly. Also felt MGP was brilliant. You can clearly see his confidence level has increased and he's prepared to try and beat his man, while also dig in and do some work defensively.

It was a commanding performance and a great win, looking forward to the Watford game.

Archived