SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Manchester City 0 Rovers 3

colin

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a great weekend so far...

Friday: Win on the Euro Millions (dont start with your begging letters, it was only £7.20)

Saturday: Rovers winning 3-0 away from home.

Sunday: ??? I'm gonna kick ar5e at golf!!

Bring it on

Great result and team performance. A little concerned by how many headers we lose in our own box but hopefully the Admiral will help on that matter.

Disappointed with Nonda though. To disagree with Shevchenko sI think he just doesnt look sharp. Too many times a ball breaks loose or comes near him and he seems to be on the back foot and not in a position to challenge for it. One time he played McCarthy in and then just stood watching. Benni shot wide but had he pulled it back or been tackled he had no support.

Don't want to nitpick on a great win too much though. MGP as last is back as a goal threat again. Tugs was awesome for 60 minutes and Brad safe as ever. Sure everything was straight at him but you still have to stop them going in. Look at Matty Derbyshires goal for example.

Commentators said its a suspected broken ankle.

Overall, very good performance. We looked good going forward throughout the whole match. MGP is playing the best he has ever played for us in my opinion. Last season he was scoring and giving assists but was going missing for the rest of the game, however during the last 5-6 games he has been involved in most of our build up play which is great to see.

I thought a better team would have scored against us as we did look a bit shaky at the back today. Shame about Ooijers injury althought I thought he wasnt having the best of games. Jay looked decent defending and looks strong but going forward he does seem to lack that cutting edge. His passing went astray a couple of times too.

Tugay was magnificent in the first half but they didnt give him enough time on the ball in the second half. Overall, a great result, very good away performance and lets hope the boys dont undo this great work on Tuesday as we could make some space between us and the 15th place team, which is currently only a couple of points away.

Brilliant performance!

Our midfield was awesome tonight... Sav looked a bit shaky at times.... giving the bal away etc... but we were by far the better team, although I'd have been concerned if Man City could actually finish.

I was in my S.U. at uni and I clapped and shouted "Matty, Matty, Matty, Derbyshire!" when he scored his great goal... and this Man City fan gave me evils and asked for me to be chucked out... the manager just shook his head, haha!

Finally! a Rovers fan doesn't get the ###### end of the stick!

Great strength by Matty to put that goal away... when the Man City fan gave me the evils, I said... "You just got done by the next Shearer!" lol!

Archived