BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Not The Luton Town Preview.

den

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone just see the 'pass' from axe to bentley that ended up in bentley getting clattered. The axe is a liability, one of these misplaced passes is going to end up with one of our players getting injured.

If the axe was a pitpull he'd be put down.

Warnock has been very very good, hes very fast!, Mceveley has no chance of winning his place back now, and Gray may as well pack his bags.

We need to get to 4 THEN take Ryan off. YOu all know we can give away lots of silly goals. By the way have you noticed that every time Henchoz gets the ball it's "hoof".

Also I noticed we had a header that went to one of our OWN players (naturally it was from Nelsen)

Decent first half from us. The short passing in spells was good, but Ive been impressed by Lutons passing style too.

Derbyshire has been great. His movement and enthusiasm is a joy to watch. Benni is a bit lazy in his movement today.

Good to see Nelsen back but I think he needs 2-3 games before we see him back at his best. Ive been VERY HAPPY with Warnock especially going forward. I didnt think he was this quick with the ball at his feet. Havent seen enough of him defending to judge him on the other side of his game.

Id definitely give Samba and Jeffers a few minutes today too.

Emerton's having a bit of a mare.

Who is the female compere on BBC One?!

pearce on the beeb said he had been impressed with Bert...just been his usual self if you ask me!

The Axe started really well but lost it towards the end punting it upfield!

Warnock's been impressive so far

Cant wait to see Samba stood next to Derbyshire!! :lol::o

awesome first half, well pleased with that. :rover:

i have to also say i'm not the biggest jonathan pearce fan but today he has been a refreshment, he is unbiased, has done his research and has made some excellent comments during his commentary, the ray harford mention in particular.

top stuff!!!

Brave brave effort by Derbs to set up Benni for the second. This lad is endearing himself to me very quickly. Good work by Warnock too in the build up for the second. Mokoena, he just looks so uncomfortable on the ball, poor poor distribution.

Credit to Luton Town, they are trying to play football and they are not dirty. Nice to see, not the long ball trying, to kick us off the park tyoe stuff we have seen from lower league sides against Prem opposition. I did not mention the clarrots.

Commentator keeps going on about Lutons injuries, does he not know of ours. Kenilworth Road looks a lot differnet from my last vist. We were on an open end with the Rovers fans and at some point during the game someone started throwing gum in my mate's long hair. He turned round to give the Rovers fans a bollocking and some how the Rovers fans had disappeared and we were now surrounded by Luton fans.

I had to pull a swift trick to get out of there alive but I won't share how I pulled that one off, it's funny though, albeit cowardly but when you have a hundred or so Luton fans coming down the street and you are a lone Rovers fan you do as needs must to ensure survival.

Man, saw Samba on the side line he is one scary scary looking dude, are we sure he did not think he was signing on for American Football.

Enjoying Rovers from overseas. Just love the BBC. Moekoena isn't really flying, and although the BBC-analysers told otherwise, I think Benni and especially Bentley aren't top notch today neither. But, second half, keep concentrated and get that win! Go Rovers!!

I didn't actually think Mokoena was playing too badly.

Very pleasing performance after Tuesday's shambles, we're working a lot harder than they are which is good to see, you might have expected it the other way round. Given that and the extra class and it's as comfortable a game as you're likely to see. (so far)

Sensational performances from Warnock and Derbyshire. Derbyshire has made at least one great run where he was clean through but was wrongly flagged offside.

Has Nelsen ever been away?

Typical Benni, done absolutely bugger all but on the scoresheet yet again, with a tap in courtesy of a great Warnock run, super MGP ball and good bravery from Derbs.

Goal for the youngster in every round up to Wembley? :rover:

A very professional performance from Rovers in the first half; they just need to continue the same in the second half.

Nelsen has been a bit shaky at times but isnt doing that bad for someone who's been out for so long.

Warnock is having a great game. He'll be a fans favourite if he continues in this vein (although he is up against a frightened Championship team).

The Axe is doing what we expect of him, and that's not a lot.

Well done Matty Derbs, a great finish and bravery for the 2nd.

I'd rather Bentley was playing right wing than centre but I cant think who I'd have in the centre with Mokoena.

Keep going Rovers!!!

I didn't actually think Mokoena was playing too badly.

You are saying this just for a reaction from others surely Rev?

The only bad thing about Rovers today is Mokoena, fair enough he puts himself about but in midfield you need more than that.

Its good to see how Rovers nbounc back from dissapointing performances with thoroughly professional displays and do a good job.

Warnock seems to have fitted into the rovers system very well for his first game. Living in the Pool for the last few years I have quite a few Liverpool season ticket holders as chums and they have a generally good opinion of Warnock.

Now lets see if the baby can sleep until the end of the match, as the wife is out with the other child and all is good.

Archived