BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Stop! Sambatime.

dj54nna

I think Samba went to a different level first half yesterday- Everton simply couldn't cope with him in defense or when he joined the attack.

Mention of Richards, I watched the Arsenal v City game yesterday and his positional play was exceptional.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think Samba went to a different level first half yesterday- Everton simply couldn't cope with him in defense or when he joined the attack.

Mention of Richards, I watched the Arsenal v City game yesterday and his positional play was exceptional.

Well,a lot of Everton fans were fustrated that they kept putting high balls into tthe box,and with Samba about it was just a waste of time..That's what I love about Rovers ,now.We've players that work hard as a unit,and they'ree passionate.Luckily,we haven't got many prima-donnas in our side.It's what being a team is all about,and all credit to Sparky for that.

How many Consecutibve games is it for Brad,now,and he still keeps pulling out some fantastic saves.Half of the time we just take his saves for granted./

I think by Christmas the media will cotton on and we will be looking at fighting off offers over the January window. He is the one player we have who I think the top four will become very very interested in. Other key performers are either too old for the big clubs to go after (Freidal and Nelsen) or not really, for all their ability, quite up there in the talent stakes (Warnock, Derbyshire, McCarthy, Reid, Santa Cruz, Pedersen, Bentley) to be worth the enormous fees Hughes and the board would demand.

I could see Liverpool, Man Utd or Arsenal looking at him and thinking 20m for a player that age, with that current ability and with such vast potential being worth the splash. Hope it doesn't happen though.

I think it'll be sooner than that. Samba's made a huge splash in the Premier League. At some point we'll be getting some very tempting offers for him. One of those offers will be too good to turn down but until then we have a very skilled, very athletic and very imposing centre half.

I think it'll be sooner than that. Samba's made a huge splash in the Premier League. At some point we'll be getting some very tempting offers for him. One of those offers will be too good to turn down but until then we have a very skilled, very athletic and very imposing centre half.

I hope we turn down all offers (below £20m) - at the moment with Nelsen and Samba we have one of the best centre-half pairings outside the top 4. Indeed our whole defence is currently well balanced - with Emerton and Warnock surely two of the better full-backs also.

Given a bit of luck with injuries and referees I feel very optmistic for this season. Indeed I go into every match expecting us to pick up points - haven't felt like that since Shearer left - or the year we missed out on promotion to Swansea.

Come on the blues :rover:

People will be making offers for Richards long before they are making offers for Samba and luckily for us it is only really Liverpool who really need a central defender and it isn't even a must for them as they have some younger ones who might be able to take over. I could quite easily see him staying here for several years.

Well, atleast the reported Sevilla interest guarantees that we'll hear contract extension news sooner than later. Samba must be on a very modest deal due to him coming through trial(?) from Hertha's reserves. Hopefully it's a long deal with no escape clauses.

If Samba continues playing like he has, developing like he has and makes fewer little mistakes, we will have a seriously good defender on our hands and one which many 'bigger' teams will be interested in. We better offer him a good contract, with no escape clauses.

Great performance by Samba, but let's not forget Andre Ooijer, who had a marvellous match too. Cleared so many balls and was strong in personal battles. Very underestimated player, with great positioning.

I agree they both did well, even though after 5 minutes when Ooijer got booked I feared the worst for him :lol:

What a find by Hughes. How did we spot him? He was hardly playing for Berlin.

Obviously we'll probably never know, but it may well have had a lot to do with Nonda. It is quite possible that he knew him from playing with him for the DR Congo and told Hughes about him.

Obviously we'll probably never know, but it may well have had a lot to do with Nonda. It is quite possible that he knew him from playing with him for the DR Congo and told Hughes about him.

Could be. We know that Owen Hargreaves played a part in the deal.

Edit: ignore the above - me having a senior moment

Correct I do believe...Samba for the Republic of Congo with Nonda playing for DR Congo

I agree. I'm pretty certain Samba plays for the "french" Congo (Republic of) and Nonda for the "belgian" Congo (Democratic Republic of).

Archived