SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Stop! Sambatime.

dj54nna

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Look on the bright side, at least Ooijer would get to play more :) (if he stays that is)

Aye if we get decent money for him he can go. Nelson and Ooijer are better defenders, and Zurab isn't too far behind. £4m is not a decent enough fee however.

God, this just gets more and more depressing. We need a link to the Samaritans on sticky.

Just remember that Rovers, for once, have all the players under reasonably long contracts, hence John Williams comments about not planning to sell anyone or having to.

Nowt will happen before a new manager arrives. Its the usual agent talk.

Richard Dunne - 6 million

Joseph Yobo - 6 million

Micah Richards - 20 million

Joleon Lescott - 8-10 million

Michael Dawson - 5 million

Gary Cahill - 5.5 million

Curtis Davies - 10 million

So how is Samba only worth 4 million?

I hope he stays, I hope The Admiral has a word ! We can't allow our core to be ripped out, I know it's silly season but it appears this year is open season !

The better quality manager we get in the more likely our class players (And I include Big Chris in that category) are likely to stay, I thought he was a great player for us last year overall, okay, a few dodgy games at the end, but what about the goals at Notlob & Spuds?

I know Samba's former really dipped but he has the attributes to become a top notch defender. He is technically quite good and of course, he has the physical attributes. The only doubts are whether he has the mental concentration.

Yobo turned up at Everton and did a bit of Samba - in terms of doing marvellously and earning rave reviews. Everton ended up forking out £5 million for him and then soon after the move became permanent, his form trailed off badly and he lost his place in the team. However, that was merely a dip in form and as far as I know, Yobo is back to performing strongly. Samba could follow a similar path.

Besides, Samba's stock is high (I don't think non-Rovers people really know about his loss in form), so I reckon and would hope we could wring more than £4 million from City for him, if it comes to that.

JW has said in the past there were no release clauses in players' contracts THIS SUMMER. It is more likely the sum Citeh are believed to be OK about paying,

Dunne is reported to have been offered a £50K a week contract at Citeh.

Archived