BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Stop! Sambatime.

dj54nna

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are Elanos going to become a new currency?

You have to have 14 Elanos worth of money to be able to buy Rovers, 7 Elanos for the purchase price and 7 Elanos to prove you can run the club?

Or should City fans start singing "There's only one Elano...."?

Tony Gale, i think you missing the value that these players have to our club. Now the true value of Samba or Cruz may only be the £6m-£8m you state, but you have to remember that both players are under long term contracts and we are under no pressure to sell. The figure that is important is the one which the club WOULD sell the player at. Considering we have plenty of money, the players provide the backbone of our team, they have long term contracts etc, why would we sell Samba for less then £10m or Bentley for £15m. If a club did come in with a fair offer of say £5m for Samba or £8m for Bentley (arguably their market value) then there is no reason for us to accept and i dont think we would!

Tony Gale, i think you missing the value that these players have to our club. Now the true value of Samba or Cruz may only be the £6m-£8m you state, but you have to remember that both players are under long term contracts and we are under no pressure to sell. The figure that is important is the one which the club WOULD sell the player at. Considering we have plenty of money, the players provide the backbone of our team, they have long term contracts etc, why would we sell Samba for less then £10m or Bentley for £15m. If a club did come in with a fair offer of say £5m for Samba or £8m for Bentley (arguably their market value) then there is no reason for us to accept and i dont think we would!

value and asking price are two different things IMO. of course we shouldnt accept their market value but its the market value we should be looking at when assessing how good these signings have been.

anyway either way we're agreed those signings have been brilliant anyway so its just numbers. what a goal today.

His rise has been meteoric since he made his debut at Luton in the FA Cup last season. How many then would have guessed how far he would come in such a short space of time. It says a lot about the coaching team. My only regret is that we will lose him as well as Benni and Mokeono for the African Cup of Nations in January. The club will certainly have to recruit well in those areas of the team.

So many Prem teams will be weakened for this tournament with Pompey having 8 players from Africa in their squad and Newcastle having 7! In fact there is only Manutd who do not have any player from Africa so they will no doubt profit as Arsenal and Chelsea have 4 each. I wonder if the club have any targets in mind; perhaps our Nicko can find out.

His rise has been meteoric since he made his debut at Luton in the FA Cup last season. How many then would have guessed how far he would come in such a short space of time. It says a lot about the coaching team. My only regret is that we will lose him as well as Benni and Mokeono for the African Cup of Nations in January. The club will certainly have to recruit well in those areas of the team.

Samba isn't going to the African Nations Cup as his country hasn't qualifed.

Quote from Samba:

"I wasn't expecting to score such a goal but I'm happy I have. That was the best goal I have scored," he said.

"Normally I score with headers but that was a great strike. Scoring goals is an area of my game I want to develop."

When you get a defender saying he wants to score more goals, it just shows what a winning mentality our team has at the moment. It's brilliant to read things like that.

Y'know that strike was great, but I'd sure wish he'd work on those headers because he gets more of those chances than the top o' the box chances. Some of the headers he misses make me cringe. I know he's young and will improve so hopefully his goal will spur him to train more on dispatching the headers.

And I think the poor lad wasn't educated on the Blackburn reputation before he was brought in. Even in winning the league proper due wasn't given. It's just one of those things. And I don't know if I want journo's falling all over themselves to praise us. Stopping the bully-boy tag is fine enough for me. Maybe I have low aspirations, but flying under the radar is fine with me. As long as we keep being the Top 4 crashers I'm happy.

Oh and Samba really is a legend. I'm not much for putting names on the back of my kits, but Samba and Nelsen earned the right. :rover:

Nice piece on the big guy in the Telegraph, no less.

It was always going to be simply a matter of time before the media wised up to just how good he really is.

Blackburn's Samba has beat back in his career

"My girlfriend is pregnant. She has one month to go. Yes, everything seems to be coming together now. Finally."

That's going to be a huge baby! If it's a lad - sign him up!!! :)

Rovers' towering defender cost a song – now Mark Hughes just has to hang on to him when Liverpool, Manchester United, Arsenal, Spurs and Co come calling.

Why the in hells names are spuds listed there. They're 3 clear of the drop and listed with the big 4. God I hate them.

"My girlfriend is pregnant. She has one month to go. Yes, everything seems to be coming together now. Finally."

That's going to be a huge baby! If it's a lad - sign him up!!! :)

Right into the academy with that one!

Archived