BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Stop! Sambatime.

dj54nna

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When The Axe scored yesterday and it was replayed on the big screen, his reaction was amazing. I just hope he carries on like he has been doing. Apart from a couple of dodgy clearances I can't fault him.

I can't wait for him to get his first goal for us, I think he'll go crazy!!

I hope it's in front of the BBE end :). Mind you judging from his reactions I think he'd have a heart attack!

We need a song for him though.

What about in the tune of Tugay, you are my turkish delight....

Samba!

He is Congolese!

You come up to his knees!

You come up to his knees!

:lol:

Yes, i'm joking hehe.

I can't wait for him to get his first goal for us, I think he'll go crazy!!

His sister was sat in the row behind me yesterday. She's, errrrrrrr, enthusiastic. If she's there and Big Chris scores (*), well I'll make my will now.

* - guaranteed not to be from an MGP corner. Surely they can't get funnier than yesterday though - his 'shot' went out for a City throw on the halfway line. You've got to laugh.

Samba is looking a superb young centre half at the moment who really could develop into a legend.

The areas he needs, or the club coaches need, to look at are when he gets slightly out of position and rescues the situation by sticking out a leg and, thus far, getting away with it-I just worry that eventually it will go wrong, the other team will score and it will affect his confidence. He has also, later on in a couple of matches, got out of position, ended up more as a right back, been skinned but got away with it as the other team didn't score. I'm not sure if this is due to physical or mental tiredness but it is something to be looked at.

I am certainly not looking to be critical!

He's been immense. He gets away with the leg out because his leg is so bloody long it can go around a player without touching him. Credit to the team for realising what potential the lad has when he came over. This system of taking players on trial first is really working out exceptionally well.

He does seem a little unsure positionally in certain situations, but you cannot fault his workrate, tackling or the fact that you'd need to pass a ball off the Interanational space station to get it over him! He's only young, and I'm sure will improve. Which is a scary thought (for opposition, that is)!

I presumed he was not being literal. Maybe I was wrong.

I am being literal and it is the truth from inside the club.

Certain posters on here share the benefit of their internet compilation handiwork with us from time to time so you can imagine what goes through the ether to someone who actually makes the buying decisions.

• 2 months later...

Archived