BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fa Cup 5th Round

Modi

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not much point being a season ticket holder then.

Fans based in say London, who have decided they fancied a European jolly get priority?

Are we going to sell out either of those matches?

4500 at the Reebok or 9000 at Emirates? In 3 days?

Why do fans in London get priority?

I used London as an example, it could be anyone anywhere in the Country who had been to one away European tie.

Are we going to sell out either of those matches?

4500 at the Reebok or 9000 at Emirates? In 3 days?

That's our technical entitlement but as is usually the case I wouldn't imagine the Club will take it up.

I used London as an example, it could be anyone anywhere in the Country who had been to one away European tie.

That's our technical entitlement but as is usually the case I wouldn't imagine the Club will take it up.

So are you saying there is no need for priority ticketing as we will not sell our allocation?

So are you saying there is no need for priority ticketing as we will not sell our allocation?

You know very well what I'm saying - exactly the opposite.

But priority should ALWAYS go to away season ticket holders THEN season ticket holders THEN if it needs to be filtered out you look at record of away attendance etc.

I thought the criteria for the Leverkusen game was wrong and it seems to be carrying on in the same vein.

You know very well what I'm saying - exactly the opposite.

But priority should ALWAYS go to away season ticket holders THEN season ticket holders THEN if it needs to be filtered out you look at record of away attendance etc.

I thought the criteria for the Leverkusen game was wrong and it seems to be carrying on in the same vein.

OK, so, in 3 days, how would that work Rev?

given that the allocation is likely to be sufficient to meet demand.

If we might sell out then I would agree, and it would be easy to implement a postal application form from next week for people to apply and be filtered into the correct order.

Domestic games are always treated differently to Euro aways as well.

it seems to be carrying on in the same vein.

How do you know its carrying on like that, the club havent even announced anything yet.

For what its worth, the club got it right with the European games by rewarding those who had shown an interest and gone to some away games already. If we had just put it on sale directly to season ticket holders, there would have been an almighty free for all, which people would also have complained about. The club have done what they feel is fair.

B)-->

QUOTE(Ste B @ Jan 30 2007, 00:14 ) 485231[/snapback]

How do you know its carrying on like that, the club havent even announced anything yet.

For what its worth, the club got it right with the European games by rewarding those who had shown an interest and gone to some away games already. If we had just put it on sale directly to season ticket holders, there would have been an almighty free for all, which people would also have complained about. The club have done what they feel is fair.

Arent Leverkusen away tickets still on sale?

OK, so, in 3 days, how would that work Rev?

given that the allocation is likely to be sufficient to meet demand.

If we might sell out then I would agree, and it would be easy to implement a postal application form from next week for people to apply and be filtered into the correct order.

Domestic games are always treated differently to Euro aways as well.

Why do we need an "application form" at all? Apart from ST holders in Germany who can write a letter beforehand applying for their ticket.

It's just a mindset people are currently in because the European regulations require a set form detailing travel and accomodation arrangements etc.

Why do we need an "application form" at all? Apart from ST holders in Germany who can write a letter beforehand applying for their ticket.

Note my comment above Simon.

However taking Lee's point on board there needs to be some method for the hundreds of fans who are; in Germany, regular away attenders and Season Ticket holders to "apply" for tickets. Clearly the old fashioned method of writing a simple letter with credit card details (still used by some of us for away matches) is deemed insufficient.

However, given that no one will "miss out" and the restrictive timescale in place for these tickets why is there a need for priority ticketing?

B)-->

QUOTE(Ste B @ Jan 30 2007, 01:14 ) 485231[/snapback]

For what its worth, the club got it right with the European games by rewarding those who had shown an interest and gone to some away games already.

Have to disagree strongly there.

Just about the only benefit of a S/T currently is the hope that you might get some form of limited priority over non ST holders on the rare occasions when when push comes to shove over a ticket.

Have to disagree strongly there.

Just about the only benefit of a S/T currently is the hope that you might get some form of limited priority over non ST holders on the rare occasions when when push comes to shove over a ticket.

Does saving over £100 on the cost of home games not count as a benefit of some description?

With 3 days to sell tickets, Rovers have to put them on open sale straight away. If we knew the opposition now, then we could perhaps do something.

BUT I'd say its an 80% chance of being on the BBC, we play Bolton 2 weeks later in the league and we got a pasting at Arsenal. I would doubt we would take numbers similar to our last cup outings at either ground. (wont be on SKY as they have the Sunday 4pm game, and we have to play on the saturday, unless Arsenal fancy playing 2 games in 3 days)

The away regulars this season will more than likely be in Germany, and the vast majority of them will have season tickets anyway.

Does saving over £100 on the cost of home games not count as a benefit of some description?

It's only a saving of 100 quid as against a walk on that goes to ALL the games.

However as against dillettante home fan Mr X who's only attended one game at Ewood this season you're still about 350 quid out of pocket.

And about 380 quid out of pocket as against dillettante away fan Mr Y who hasn't been near Ewood this season and not contributed a bean to club coffers.

However if either Mr X or Mr Y just fancied a nice little couple of days following Rovers abroad, the ST holder is behind them in the pecking order which is completely wrong imo.

However if either Mr X or Mr Y just fancied a nice little couple of days following Rovers abroad, the ST holder is behind them in the pecking order which is completely wrong imo.

For the Fa Cup match?

Are they?

How many Season Ticket holders have missed out on a European Away match this season who actually wanted to go?

Crowds: Hmm, yes, that would be 'The Town & Borough of Bolton', these days so closely intersecting with Manchester that we've officially become a part of ' Greater Manchester' according to them what do. 'Greater Manchester' which, as Wikipedia will tell you, has one of the highest concentration of football clubs, per capita, of anywhere in the world. Sounds like a better excuse than feckin' Burnley or Preston being 15 miles away!

Dear me...they are even trying to argue they have a better EXCUSE then us now! Stick that on a shelf next to the four cups! :D

For the Fa Cup match?

Are they?

How many Season Ticket holders have missed out on a European Away match this season who actually wanted to go?

1) They will be if similar criteria are applied as for the Leverkusen game i.e. only people that have been to 2 or 1 previous FA Cup game. It should be away or home SEASON TICKET holders first - then filter it out as necessary.

We do have computers in the ticket office.

2) Don't know but I never bothered initially applying for Leverkusen due to the criteria which clearly discriminated against ST holders, assumed I had no chance of getting one, and have since made domestic arrangements. Half term week etc.

Maybe that's my mistake and I don't want to turn it into a hard luck story for me. The principle however remains the same and should be set in stone. Season ticket holders should always get priority. It's the only real perk left given the ground is far from sold out.

I really don't understand rev's posts. It seems that everyone who wanted Leverkusen tickets have got them whilst Season Ticket holders are getting bonus freebies whenever the club can give them in addition to the price savings.

Clearly, there is a small moronic element in both Rovers and Bolton's support who would make trouble which is why there has sadly still got to be some control over ticketing even when there are all of three days to shift the tickets and the most passionate Rovers supporters will be in Germany when our opponents for the 5th Round finally slug it out for the honour of hosting us.

Anyway. Welcome to our friends from Bolton.

You have picked an odd subject to have a go at us over- the clubs' respective honours.

I have just looked up Bolton's achievements and yes there are a lot of dates you won the Lancashire Cup. As far as winning senior competitions go the scores are:

Premiership: Rovers 1 Bolton 0

The real first division: Rovers 2 Bolton 0

FA Cup: Rovers 6 Bolton 4

League Cup: Rovers 1 Bolton 0

You are right in saying a lot of this happened a long time ago. The Rovers' most recent triumphs are a League Cup win in 2002 and the Premiership in 1995. Bolton's are the FA Cup in 1958 and 1929.

Of course when we were winning the Full Members' Cup for the top two divisions, Bolton lifted the Freight Rover trophy in 1986 and the Sherpa Van trophy in 1989 which are your last two Cup successes. By the way, what did you think of the standard of 4th Division football? We have never been there.

Being bang up to date, there are other notable differences between the clubs. Rovers are definitely in the 5th Round of the FA Cup this year for one and we are currently on our sixth venture into Europe. You are doing well in the Premiership this season- congratulations. However, you need to stay there to break this duck:

Top 6 finishes in the Premiership

Rovers 6 Bolton 0

Good luck in your replay against Arsenal- you might need it.

Neighbourly greetings from a small town in Europe.

Rovers 6 Bolton 0

So the 2004 - 2005 season (when we finished 6th and you finished 15th) didn't register in Blackburn then?

Right, last post from me and then I'll tear myself away :-)

Firstly: Read. The. Post, before you try to make that point. It's an FA CUP thread! That's what made the premiership comment particularly tired! Dropping it in with complete disregard to the competition that was being discussed. And precisely how often do you really hear a Bolton supporter going: 'well, yeah, don't forget it's not so long since we won the FA Cup'?!... no, that never happens.

We're really not bothered about your achievement of ten years back, it's YOU lot that always bring it up!

Crowds: Hmm, yes, that would be 'The Town & Borough of Bolton', these days so closely intersecting with Manchester that we've officially become a part of ' Greater Manchester' according to them what do. 'Greater Manchester' which, as Wikipedia will tell you, has one of the highest concentration of football clubs, per capita, of anywhere in the world. Sounds like a better excuse than feckin' Burnley or Preston being 15 miles away!

3 consecutive centuries? Oh well done. Very well done. LoL, what a magnificent achievement. One in each of a hundred year spans you say?...

(Oh, and to t'other fella, 'dingle's an off-the-cuff thing fella. You're not worth any more consideration than that).

Right, 'bye then.

Roughly Translated ( as my grasp of 'trotter' is not brilliant!)

'We havent won owt sin I've been alive n we probably wont. I follow a sh*it team from a sh*t town and I am well gutted. I am so jealous ot Rovers, I really am.'

This bit needs no translation: Sounds like a better excuse than feckin' Burnley or Preston being 15 miles away!!!

You clever lad! :D

1) They will be if similar criteria are applied as for the Leverkusen game i.e. only people that have been to 2 or 1 previous FA Cup game. It should be away or home SEASON TICKET holders first - then filter it out as necessary.

We do have computers in the ticket office.

2) Don't know but I never bothered initially applying for Leverkusen due to the criteria which clearly discriminated against ST holders, assumed I had no chance of getting one, and have since made domestic arrangements. Half term week etc.

Maybe that's my mistake and I don't want to turn it into a hard luck story for me. The principle however remains the same and should be set in stone. Season ticket holders should always get priority. It's the only real perk left given the ground is far from sold out.

You seem to be making a mountain out of a very small molehill.

The Salzburg away fixture and the Krakow away fixture were available to all fans - ST holder or not - and neither game sold out. Since then, Rovers have quite rightly given priority to those who have already travelled in Europe.

Feyenoord was an allocation of around 3000, Leverkusen is 1125. How on earth is a priority system going to work as you suggest - the first cut (away ST) would see 20 tickets allocated, and the second cut would see a lottery for 14,000 home ST holders!!!

It just isn't practical. So like every other club in the land, Rovers use relevant buying history to determine a pecking order. Which appears to be working perfectly, given that Leverkusen appears not to have sold out and every single person I know who wanted a ticket - ST holder, non ST holder, previous travellers and first time away in Europe - have all got tickets!!

given that Leverkusen appears not to have sold out

is this true?

Just to side with Rev at the moment on this one matter which I think is the argument (even though I am a bit confused about your argument Rev) - even though I am also a S/T holder , I didn't bother applying for a ticket due to the restrictions (having not been to away euro games yet) either and thought I would gamble on us getting through- on the basis that I didn't think I would get one and you need your travel arrangements ahead of it all as such in the same matter I have other arrangements now.

However, that was my choice as I feel I probably would have got one afterall due to my previous record of going to the Euro away games but as what the others are saying Rev I don't think the club had any other option really in the way they have sold them.

I really don't understand rev's posts. It seems that everyone who wanted Leverkusen tickets have got them whilst Season Ticket holders are getting bonus freebies whenever the club can give them in addition to the price savings.

Clearly, there is a small moronic element in both Rovers and Bolton's support who would make trouble which is why there has sadly still got to be some control over ticketing even when there are all of three days to shift the tickets and the most passionate Rovers supporters will be in Germany when our opponents for the 5th Round finally slug it out for the honour of hosting us.

Anyway. Welcome to our friends from Bolton.

You have picked an odd subject to have a go at us over- the clubs' respective honours.

I have just looked up Bolton's achievements and yes there are a lot of dates you won the Lancashire Cup. As far as winning senior competitions go the scores are:

Premiership: Rovers 1 Bolton 0

The real first division: Rovers 2 Bolton 0

FA Cup: Rovers 6 Bolton 4

League Cup: Rovers 1 Bolton 0

You are right in saying a lot of this happened a long time ago. The Rovers' most recent triumphs are a League Cup win in 2002 and the Premiership in 1995. Bolton's are the FA Cup in 1958 and 1929.

Of course when we were winning the Full Members' Cup for the top two divisions, Bolton lifted the Freight Rover trophy in 1986 and the Sherpa Van trophy in 1989 which are your last two Cup successes. By the way, what did you think of the standard of 4th Division football? We have never been there.

Being bang up to date, there are other notable differences between the clubs. Rovers are definitely in the 5th Round of the FA Cup this year for one and we are currently on our sixth venture into Europe. You are doing well in the Premiership this season- congratulations. However, you need to stay there to break this duck:

Rovers 6 Bolton 0

Good luck in your replay against Arsenal- you might need it.

Neighbourly greetings from a small town in Europe.

Game, set and match :D

Archived