BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fa Cup 5th Round

Modi

Sorry but any semblance of credibility went when he used the phrase "silky skills" and Davies in the same sentence...

Have to agree there, I don't think I'd ever heard those two items actually placed together, never mind actually meant! Surely he was just joking :blink:

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone else watch the second half of Arse v Notlob? I was very impressed by the Trotters- they defended superbly and played good attacking football given half achance to do so.

I fancy them to put the Arsenal out setting up a humdinger at the Breezeblock. At least the disadvantage of the Leverkusen trip is nullified by their replay which could well go to extra time.

In my unbiased view Arse/Notlob v Rovers is the tie of the round.

Zulu - a few questions:

Do you really think you will beat Arsenal at home?

Do you think you could get somewhere near a decent crowd for the replay?

Do you think you can get any kind of atmosphere at the Breezeblock?

Do you think Sammy Lee is attractive?

Do you still live under cardboard?

Do you see ' Bolton Wanderers' engraved anywhere on the Premiership Trophy?

Do you see ' Blackburn Rovers' engraved aywhere on the Premiership Trophy?

Dream on you wannabe DINGLE ;)

I'll reply for him in his absence:

1: Yes. We have a great record against them at home, as you well know. Our home record against them is even better than ManUre's is!

2: Yes thanks, we'll do fine (I expect a bit of clever marketing will help out against the recent prem difficulties). You, on the other hand, have a cheek to comment given yours is officially the emptiest ground this season as a percentage of capacity:

<http://itv.stats.football365.com/dom/ENG/PR/attend.html>

3: Well we'll have more fans there to do it! Don't you worry, you'll hear your fair share of roars and singing as the goals fly past you.

4: You do, don't you?

5: Do you need to borrow a box or summat? Things not working out with the missus?

6: Oh keep clinging to it. This is an FA CUP thread though! You do remember the stat's, right? Us: Four time winners and 3 times runner-up since the turn of the century. Your dingle selves: One win, one runner-up over the same period.

7: Given that was more than a decade ago I doubt you've seen your name on it recently either. You were a great team that season though, I'll give you that. Just a shame you could never dream of hitting that lofty height these days huh? (Or ever again for that matter)

It'll make a change when we, as I'm sure we will, face you. They touted us v Arsenal as 'Beauty & The Beast'. Ha, we'll make you look like Peter Beardsley (yes, that pretty!)

6: Oh keep clinging to it. This is an FA CUP thread though! You do remember the stat's, right? Us: Four time winners and 3 times runner-up since the turn of the century. Your dingle selves: One win, one runner-up over the same period.

7: Given that was more than a decade ago I doubt you've seen your name on it recently either. You were a great team that season though, I'll give you that. Just a shame you could never dream of hitting that lofty height these days huh? (Or ever again for that matter)

You have the audacity to use the answer to 7 - as well as the answer to 6 (most recently what? 1958 or thereabouts?

:D

Wonderful response! "Keep clinging to it!" That's right let's not go back a decade or so as that would be sad. Not as sad as bringing up a competition you last won in 1958 in response! You even needed Lofthouse to commit GBH on the goalkeeper to do that.

Why are Bolton fans turning into Newcastle fans? They seem to think they are a big club now! Get over yourselves. You couldn't even beat Middlesbrough in League Cup final and they'd never won a bean!

It's not so long ago that you were in the bottom division playing in front of half a supermarket was it "big club"? ;)

You have the audacity to use the answer to 7 - as well as the answer to 6 (most recently what? 1958 or thereabouts?

:D Mostly fair comment, as the turn of the century is as arbitrary a measure of football history as any other. But seriously: we have a great FA Cup history, and it really is a little lazy to wheel out the old 'Once, just once, we managed to win the Prem you know!!' thing. Yeah, we know, get over it. I hereby lay claim to this years FA Cup as the official 'Wembley Stadium House Warming' club ( :-) As in, we won it in the 1923 opening as well :-) )

I hereby lay claim to this years FA Cup as the official 'Wembley Stadium House Warming' club ( :-) As in, we won it in the 1923 opening as well :-) )

We havnt met all that often in the FA Cup, but most of the games seem to have gone to replays, with the historical results in that competition standing at 4 wins each and 4 draws.

Hopefully the result will go the same way as the last time we met in the cup, ahhh Hignett double (not often we ould say that!)

:D

Wonderful response! "Keep clinging to it!" That's right let's not go back a decade or so as that would be sad. Not as sad as bringing up a competition you last won in 1958 in response! You even needed Lofthouse to commit GBH on the goalkeeper to do that.

Why are Bolton fans turning into Newcastle fans? They seem to think they are a big club now! Get over yourselves. You couldn't even beat Middlesbrough in League Cup final and they'd never won a bean!

It's not so long ago that you were in the bottom division playing in front of half a supermarket was it "big club"? ;)

:P And you're a big club because you won the Prem once upon a time! Ha. This is about an FA Cup fixture. That's our FA Cup history, so it makes perfect sense to mention it in response to the feeble 'we won the Premiership' point!

The best was when they all tootled off to the Milleneum Stadium after the now-named Carling Cup and came back without it and having to cancel the open top bus tour!

Shame they didn't have such a nice day as we had in 2001........ :ph34r:

We havnt met all that often in the FA Cup, but most of the games seem to have gone to replays, with the historical results in that competition standing at 4 wins each and 4 draws.

Hopefully the result will go the same way as the last time we met in the cup, ahhh Hignett double (not often we ould say that!)

*waves fist at Hignett* Damn him.

Well I think we could both do without a replay if we do meet this time!

:P And you're a big club because you won the Prem once upon a time! Ha. This is about an FA Cup fixture. That's our FA Cup history, so it makes perfect sense to mention it in response to the feeble 'we won the Premiership' point!

No...no...no....Don't judge us by your own standards. We don't think we are a big club or anything amazingly special as we are just happy being who we are. You are the ones who like to pretend Dunn chose a smaller club when it is all of six months or so since we finished above you and this season it is all of a few thousand or so more you have as an average attendance.

:P We're not a big club and we can live with that! Neither are you...and if you want to discuss who is the bigger then frankly I couldn't care less.

You're not even our rivals; Burnley are. Your foes occupy Gigg Lane.

As for the Dingle thing...you can't even be original can you? We've been hurling that at Turf Moor for over half a decade. At least find something new to insult us with...if it's funny we'll even give you some credit :tu:

That's a right bo##ocks of a draw. Bolton or Arsenal away will be very tough. Bolton always do well against Arsenal, especially at the Reebok Stadium. I'd much prefer to play Bolton, we seem to play well there. 3 away draws in a row seems a bit harsh though. Maybe we are getting punished from a few years ago, when we had the easiest run to the F.A Cup semi-final ever.

No...no...no....Don't judge us by your own standards. We don't think we are a big club or anything amazingly special as we are just happy being who we are. You are the ones who like to pretend Dunn chose a smaller club when it is all of six months or so since we finished above you and this season it is all of a few thousand or so more you have as an average attendance.

:P We're not a big club and we can live with that! Neither are you...and if you want to discuss who is the bigger then frankly I couldn't care less.

You're not even our rivals; Burnley are. Your foes occupy Gigg Lane.

As for the Dingle thing...you can't even be original can you? We've been hurling that at Turf Moor for over half a decade. At least find something new to insult us with...if it's funny we'll even give you some credit :tu:

Bolton consider Wigan their main rivals now, and looking at the size of most of the Trotters, I'm sure Bolton are winning the pie eaters competition..

Our largest ever crowd was 62,522 against Bolton in the cup in 1929. It ended up in a replay at Burnden and there another 65,000 or so turned up. Almost 130,000 for the two games!

Don't reckon quite those numbers would turn up now but then again I doubt the price will be 2d or whatever it was in those days!

Bolton consider Wigan their main rivals now, and looking at the size of most of the Trotters, I'm sure Bolton are winning the pie eaters competition..

Wigan? Their main competition for fans are the egg chasers they share the ground with.

firstly its a crap draw for Rovers.

Bolton will lose to Arsenal

Rovers will lose to Arsenal

reasoning?????

can anyone believe that the FA would have Little 'ol Rovers adorning Wembley for its first ever cup final, especially after we have secured the eufa cup final place that beckons us :P

I'll reply for him in his absence:

1: Yes. We have a great record against them at home, as you well know. Our home record against them is even better than ManUre's is!

2: Yes thanks, we'll do fine (I expect a bit of clever marketing will help out against the recent prem difficulties). You, on the other hand, have a cheek to comment given yours is officially the emptiest ground this season as a percentage of capacity:

<http://itv.stats.football365.com/dom/ENG/PR/attend.html>

3: Well we'll have more fans there to do it! Don't you worry, you'll hear your fair share of roars and singing as the goals fly past you.

4: You do, don't you?

5: Do you need to borrow a box or summat? Things not working out with the missus?

It'll make a change when we, as I'm sure we will, face you. They touted us v Arsenal as 'Beauty & The Beast'. Ha, we'll make you look like Peter Beardsley (yes, that pretty!)

So, in a nutshell - you have no common sense.

In number 6, you talk about how many times you have won the FA cup (when the world was black and white) and then go on in number 7 to say that it was ages ago when we won the Premiership......!!! <_<

I know you hate it, but there are four names on the Premiership trophy and one of the is Blackburn Rovers.

As for crowds, is Notlob not the biggest town in the country that is not a city? Whats your excuse? Bury FC?

Oh, last thing - which team has won a trophy in 3 consecutive centuries? WHO? Blackburn Rovers, thats who.

Archived