BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fa Cup 5th Round

Modi

Play-Offs at Cardiff?

Surely Wembley is going to be ready for this years cup final! :(

I hoped is would be the case, rather than villa park and old trafford.

Wembley has to hold events of increasing capacity before it can hold a full stadium and these will be running from now onwards. If you goto the Wembley stadium website and look at the pics/tour it is all finished and ready.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just had a look at the tour/pics - and all the ones I saw were computer generated - not actual photos. :blink:

They had a item on Wembely Stadium during one of the breaks in the Snooker Masters final at Wembley Arena during the bbc coverage.

It definitely looks finished to me, I believe ithey will hand it over to the fa soon who then have to get it ready for the first event (whatever that maybe)

The first time Wembley will be open to members of the public is a test event by invitation only for local Brent council residents. Apparently they will be asked to test all aspects of the building including for example a coordinated simultaneous flushing of all the toilets in the stadium / testing maximum loadings on escalators, and in lifts, etc. Sometime in March I think.

There is then supposed to be either an England Womens international or U19 international as the next stage. After this, Brent Council are expected to award the neccessary safety certification for full capacity events to take place.

There are (uncomfirmed) reports of the FA Vase final being held there the week before the FA Cup final.

Some pictures;

IPB Image

IPB Image

Apols, didnt twig those images were that big, links to some more pics.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/124/3735151...361e6d6c6_b.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/135/3735151...eb4167211_b.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v198/Arg...ey/untitled.jpg

Apparently they will be asked to test all aspects of the building including for example a coordinated simultaneous flushing of all the toilets in the stadium / testing maximum loadings on escalators, and in lifts, etc. Sometime in March I think.

I had to read that three times to get the sense!! :)

[/color]

I have had a dream.

On Valentines day I will set foot on the plane to Germany in the knowledge that as I do so Interflora are delivering a nice big bunch of red roses for my wife, points scored and in the bag even though I wont be there on the romantics day.

A day in Cologne goes off very well meeting and drinking with other Rovers supporters and seeing Jordan bimble around Leverkusen in his usual drunken stupor. The match is a non entity as Rovers sneak a hard earned draw 1-1.

Like many other Rovers fans, it will be back to Cologne for a nights entertainment. I am certain the nearest sky sports showing bar will make a packet as Rovers fans fill in to watch our next opponents in the cup.

Unlike the sky sports experts I have dreamt that the Bolton (breezeblock) curse strikes and they knock out Arsenes kindergarten team and thus setting up a truly fascinating Lancashire/Greater Manchester derby for a Saturday lunchtime game.

Rovers take the derby honours and draw Preston at home in the quarters, at the same time chelsea play manure and also lose.

:brfc:

[/color]

Unlike the sky sports experts I have dreamt that the Bolton (breezeblock) curse strikes and they knock out Arsenes kindergarten team and thus setting up a truly fascinating Lancashire/Greater Manchester derby for a Saturday lunchtime game.

:brfc:

Go on, I'll take the bait! No 1974 Boundary Commission, or any other body will change the fact that Bolton (and Manchester, Liverpool, Warrington, Rochdale, Oldham, Bury etc. for that matter) are part of Lancashire. Always have been, always will be.

You wouldn't want it any other way (unless you wanted to be the biggest fish in the puddle that only contains you, PNE, Burnley, Blackpool and Accrington Stanley - and that's not where you Roverrrs boys and girls are coming from, is it?) :rolleyes:

said on tv screen at game yesterday

that ticket details will be released AFTER the replay on that wednesday

erm brilliant :wstu:

Yeah i noticed that. I was hopeing they would do something simliar to the last round where they had ticket details, price allocation etc for both teams, depending then on who won.

Lee, can you apply for one particular opponent or do you have to apply for a ticket , no matter what the out come of the replay is.

I'd only want some for the Breezeblock.

The form that Lee linked to, gives you the choice of Arsenal, Bolton or both.

Having read that announcement I am presuming that (and this is for Bolton only)

1) 2000 is our initial allocation. Due to FA Cup regulations there'd have to be another 1000 available if needed?

2) The form can be mixed with season ticket holders and non season ticket holders (or do they need a membership number even if they are on the database?)

3) This is Boltons way of repaying us for the cheap tickets at Ewood and the league game at the Reebok will be about £40 :rolleyes:

Archived