BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fa Cup 5th Round

Modi

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So do you think that a ratio of 'Rovers 6 Bolton 1' wins your agrument, then?

No, just a bit of a stickler for facts, that's all. I'm not sure, having read the thread, that I was part of this particular argument anyway.

Mr Zulu, any idea if we are likely to get cheap tickets for the league game in March?

I can't help, I'm afraid. You should do, in my opinion. I think all clubs will need to radically review their ticket pricing policies for both home and away supporters in the next few months. None of us is willing to pay over the odds for tickets and all the attendant costs when you can watch it free in the local. Even if it is via Al Jazeera!

Your attendances, or ours, have nothing to do with it. You will see attendances dropping at all bar one or two clubs in the future, unless a more creative approach is made.

I don't think that Bolton Wanderers' marketing department is at the cutting edge of change on this one though. Rovers are to be applauded for the realistic and forward looking view they have taken on the subject.

See- I don't hate you! :)

Hi, Zulu. I for one haven't been to the breezeblock yet (due to high prices :P ) so would like to be able to come to the cup match - hoping it will be at yours. As it would be a derby of sorts it might attract good support at the right prices.

I pass your lot's training ground every day and say a prayer (the content of which I will not disclose)...

Anyway, it's nice to have a bit of banter with you and whilst I am sure you will understand I cannot bring myself to support your team best of luck against the Arse whom I detest with all my soul.

I don't think that there are too many Bolton fans assuming that Arsenal are a done deal - even though we do normally give them a good gubbing!

I hope it's us that meet you though. Two reasons. Firstly I want to see real teams, supported by real supporters, prospering. We both fit that bill. Secondly, I just believe that Arsene Wenger has a face that one would never tire of slapping! <_<

The Arsenal/Bolton game with Rovers has been brought forward to the live lunchtime kickoff on the 17th Feb, 12:15pm. Hopefully we'll play as well as the previous round at that time...

What an absolute joke, nearly as much as Rev's posts on this thread!

Secondly, I just believe that Arsene Wenger has a face that one would never tire of slapping! <_<

Agreed there, but would rather its Rovers dishing it out to them.

Hate to say it, but given its now a 12.30 KO would rather you lot won, as theres no way i'm going Arsenal away if I get home at 1am that morning from Germany.

B)-->

QUOTE(Ste B @ Jan 30 2007, 18:55 ) 485445[/snapback]

Hate to say it, but given its now a 12.30 KO would rather you lot won, as theres no way i'm going Arsenal away if I get home at 1am that morning from Germany.

Just another example of TV and the FA's contempt of fans.

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ste B @ Jan 30 2007, 18:55 ) 485445[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Just another example of TV and the FA's contempt of fans.

I blame the need for money and the fact that the fans in the stadium don't contribute as much as TV.

It would be nice if Wanderers recognised how badly the gate will be affected and repeat what Rovers did for the Ewood league game and offer a significant price reduction. Can't say I'm expecting a positive move though.

Anyway Zulu, good luck at shoving it up the Arse, never did like playing the Gunners (at least this season :blink: )

So the 2004 - 2005 season (when we finished 6th and you finished 15th) didn't register in Blackburn then?

consolation goal! :)

Seriously finishing sixth is not to be sniffed at and it must have been a very exciting time for you lot..... I dunno how you all slept at night. :rolleyes:

When we played Arsenal before Christmas the coaches had to get there really early to get on the car park before they shut the road, I think it was two hours before kick off. Surely if we play them they cannot expect the coaches to be there by 10.30 am. The coaches left Ewood at 7.00 am for the league match so allowing for the kick off being two and a half hours earlier that would mean setting off at 4.30am!

When we played Arsenal before Christmas the coaches had to get there really early to get on the car park before they shut the road, I think it was two hours before kick off. Surely if we play them they cannot expect the coaches to be there by 10.30 am. The coaches left Ewood at 7.00 am for the league match so allowing for the kick off being two and a half hours earlier that would mean setting off at 4.30am!

A couple of years ago when we played Fulham at daft o'clock we left Ewood at 5am iirc.

I'd much prefer it to be Bolton, only 15 minutes from my house!

The cup match has been chosen for MOTD , not the greatest KO time after Leverkusen.

Nice to see Rovers being picked again, and no suprise that they are showing Man United and Reading at 5.15 the same day.

Preston v City live on Sunday.

I wonder if Eurosport will carry on covering us in the u.e.f.a Cup.

If notlob beat Arsenal, five of the six clubs covered by the Beeb in round 5 will be from the County Palatine (Lancashire in its true borders).

With Spuds sitting the next round doing nothing, presumably the TV boys will want to cover something but the change of ko of Rovers' Ewood game to suit German TV presumably mucks that up more than somewhat.

UEFA pussy footing around booting Feyernoord in the first place out has possibly cost us in that regard.

We knew you'd see the light in the end pal! ;)

You ever been a member of Brums 'firm'?

The light's only a dim glow! :)

No, never hear of them until I used the nickname on 606 a couple of years ago, after which a few West Midlands knuckle draggers assumed I was a long-lost comrade.

I blame the need for money and the fact that the fans in the stadium don't contribute as much as TV.

Thinking about it logically though Roversider, you have probably said exactly the reason why they may not reduce prices.. IMO, this game will probably just be priced as normally possible (regardless of who we play) to maximise the revenue ie early kick off and on the TV and the likelihood people probably won't attend anyway given the attendances thus far in the FA Cup.

Bolton have slashed thier prices for the Arse replay:

£15 for season tkt holders

£20 for non stkt holders

£5 for kids (I think)

Arsenal fans being charged £15adult/ £5kids and oap's

They wanted to cut them even more but weren't allowed by the FA.

Hope it's the same 3 days later for us. (if they get through)

Play-Offs at Cardiff?

Surely Wembley is going to be ready for this years cup final! :(

Wembley will be ready this year, the issue is one of a "back up" venue and unlike the FA the football league cant throw money away by having two venues booked.

Wembley will also want to phase in slowly the use of the pitch, and with rumours of the Vase final the week before the Fa cup final they are unlikely to want three matches in three days the following week.

Archived