BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fa Cup 5th Round

Modi

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It'll be great if Bolton or us get to the inaugrel Wembley final...... vast open spaces all around one end! :lol: Would serve the southern poofs right and teach them albeit too late that they should have built it in the midlands. :angry:

Anyway I would have thought that those Bolton fans would be far better employed by spending their time thinking about what their club will do when Sam Allardyce is poached by a big club than gobbing off here. Their demise when Sam inevitably goes will make Charlton post Curbishley look a rip roaring success! :lol:

...... The clocks ticking Notlobbers! :tu::unsure:

Nightmare draw. Reply 3 days before the 5th round tie when most Rovers fans who will want to go will be in Germany.

I wonder what the club will do about tickets. For fans who will be going whether it is Arsenal or Bolton they should allow fans to purchase tickets before we know who we play and just deduct the amount from our Maestro/Visa/Mastercard. It will cost us a fiver to call the ticket office from Germany.

They'll work summat out.

If it's Arsenal we'd be allowed 9000 tickets - we'll be lucky to shift 900 after what happened last time we went there.

If it's Bolton I doubt demand would be that high either. 2 weeks before we go there in the league, and the idiots who run the Reebok don't appear to understand about sensible pricing and football matches.

Garbage draw with us on the road, as usual! Still, we seem to rattle the goals in when we do play away, unless its the Arse, On that basis I will be hoping Big Sam will work his game plan to upset them as I reckon we would be better off in Horwich.

The only problem will be strained necks for our midfield and dropping asleep whilst the Wanderers take goal-kicks and throw-ins. They will have to start adding time on in hours soon at the end of a half.

Just a shame we will have to travel outside of Lancashire.

They'll work summat out.

If it's Arsenal we'd be allowed 9000 tickets - we'll be lucky to shift 900 after what happened last time we went there.

They'd cry to the FA again Tris, and we'd be restricted to 5,100.

Which we wouldnt sell half of.

Nightmare draw. Reply 3 days before the 5th round tie when most Rovers fans who will want to go will be in Germany.

I wonder what the club will do about tickets. For fans who will be going whether it is Arsenal or Bolton they should allow fans to purchase tickets before we know who we play and just deduct the amount from our Maestro/Visa/Mastercard. It will cost us a fiver to call the ticket office from Germany.

Jordan, as you'll have seen from the Chairman's comments about the draw, we know it is far from ideal.

What will hopefully happen is there'll be some sort of application form for fans to fill in the week or so before.

Obviously we understand that the fans most likely to be going to these games will be out in Germany watching the replay between Bolton and Arsenal in a bar.

Why the need for forms all the time, whatever happened to a good old postal application.

Dear Mr Ticket Office,

id like two adult tickets for the match, my credit card number is this.

Lots of Love

Football Fan

I know, I know, too easy!!

Jordan, as you'll have seen from the Chairman's comments about the draw, we know it is far from ideal.

What will hopefully happen is there'll be some sort of application form for fans to fill in the week or so before.

Obviously we understand that the fans most likely to be going to these games will be out in Germany watching the replay between Bolton and Arsenal in a bar.

Cheers Lee,

Will get sent one automatically with the Away Season Ticket anyway, but its gonna be a bit of an @rse arranging travel to London.

Suppose we should think ourselves lucky that we are in the 5th Round. I bet Luton fans wish they had the same headache as us, watching our team in Europe then trying to get tickets for Arsenal/Bolton in the 5th Round.

So, in a nutshell - you have no common sense.

In number 6, you talk about how many times you have won the FA cup (when the world was black and white) and then go on in number 7 to say that it was ages ago when we won the Premiership......!!! <_<

I know you hate it, but there are four names on the Premiership trophy and one of the is Blackburn Rovers.

As for crowds, is Notlob not the biggest town in the country that is not a city? Whats your excuse? Bury FC?

Oh, last thing - which team has won a trophy in 3 consecutive centuries? WHO? Blackburn Rovers, thats who.

Right, last post from me and then I'll tear myself away :-)

Firstly: Read. The. Post, before you try to make that point. It's an FA CUP thread! That's what made the premiership comment particularly tired! Dropping it in with complete disregard to the competition that was being discussed. And precisely how often do you really hear a Bolton supporter going: 'well, yeah, don't forget it's not so long since we won the FA Cup'?!... no, that never happens.

We're really not bothered about your achievement of ten years back, it's YOU lot that always bring it up!

Crowds: Hmm, yes, that would be 'The Town & Borough of Bolton', these days so closely intersecting with Manchester that we've officially become a part of ' Greater Manchester' according to them what do. 'Greater Manchester' which, as Wikipedia will tell you, has one of the highest concentration of football clubs, per capita, of anywhere in the world. Sounds like a better excuse than feckin' Burnley or Preston being 15 miles away!

3 consecutive centuries? Oh well done. Very well done. LoL, what a magnificent achievement. One in each of a hundred year spans you say?...

(Oh, and to t'other fella, 'dingle's an off-the-cuff thing fella. You're not worth any more consideration than that).

Right, 'bye then.

Dartisan,

You'll lose of the population argument. Bolton has a population twice that of Blackburn.

The main issue is that the Wanderers play the worst football I think I've ever seen by a top flight club.

Complete and utter garbage.

You host this in a ground more akin to Baseball stadium with a couple of fellas running up and down the touchline with flags to the sound of "I feel Good".

Sat - or stood to be precise - next to the dwindling numbers of away fans - are a bunch of low-life country boys who spend the whole time shouting abuse at the opposition fans. Then again I think I'd rather do that that watch the cheating, nasty brand of hoofball that passes for the beautiful game.

It's football big Sam, but not as we know it.

why do notlobers always say "fella" ?

It's how people used to speak when everything was in black & white and there was cobbled streets and people worked down t'pit. Except it's still like that in Bolton. They did ths spoof programme called the Bradshaws which was supposed to be set in a bygone era. The cloven hoofed folk thought it was their rival to Coronation St however so it was wasted on them.

B)-->

QUOTE(Ste B @ Jan 29 2007, 19:37 ) 485135[/snapback]

Biggest town without a football team, they now play in Horwich.

Actually, you're wrong. That part of Middlebrook is owned by Bolton Council, which means it's in Bolton, not Horwich.

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ste B @ Jan 29 2007, 19:37 ) 485135[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Biggest town without a football team, they now play in Horwich.

Actually, you're wrong. That part of Middlebrook is owned by Bolton Council, which means it's in Bolton, not Horwich.

Were being overun by plastic Mancs now, what's the matter your own board boring, maybe the Breezeblock does come within Bolton council but it's hardly a short walk from town is it.

Not much point being a season ticket holder then.

Fans based in say London, who have decided they fancied a European jolly get priority?

Watford at HOME but knowing our luck it'll be Arsenal away!! :angry:

Bloody prophetic.... Still, I reckon we've enough to overturn the Arsenal "FA Cup team" :) Preferably by not making as many mistakes as their other cup opponents have. And I definitely reckon we could beat Bolton. Ticketing is going to be a nightmare again, though! Can't organise getting over in three days (well, without spending more than I have :unsure: )

Archived