BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fa Cup 5th Round

Modi

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to say I will be amazed if we get through the next round whether it be Arsenal or Bolton. Our squad has been absolutely decimated by injury. Pedersen, Derbyshire, Savage, Reid, Ooijer would all be starters. And with the game midweek Tugay and Dunn, both short of fitness anyhow, are not going to be firing on all cylinders at the weekend.

You never know I suppose, but it doesn't look great. It is so sad as if we had got in one more half decent central midfielder, not even neccesarily anyone that brilliant, we would look a lot more servicable across the board.

Arsenal simply have the beating of us this season.

Only 2,000 allocation at £15 a throw for Notlob?(even I might be interested!).....we took 5,000+ in the cup a few years ago.

I think that is an 'initial' allocation

And final allocation-the 1,000 odd going to Germany would probably make up the vast majority of the away support at Bolton, and a lot cannot either afford it, get back in time or have any energy left to go to Horwich. I come back on the Saturday morning flight to Liverpool, gets into Speke at 10.15am. Drive back to Chorley-50-60 minutes. Say hello to breadknife, oh-see you later love am off to Bolton to watch Rovers...

Say hello to breadknife, oh-see you later love am off to Bolton to watch Rovers...

You could offer to take her shopping at t'Reebok. Go into one of the bigger shops like Sports Soccer, manage to get lost but just happen to see that Rovers are playing at Bolton that day. And miraculously reappear about 2 hours later. :ph34r:

You could offer to take her shopping at t'Reebok. Go into one of the bigger shops like Sports Soccer, manage to get lost but just happen to see that Rovers are playing at Bolton that day. And miraculously reappear about 2 hours later. :ph34r:

Who told you my plan? :angry:

Or I could just bury her under the patio.

I'm torn as who I want us to get in the next round. Really, I want Bolton to win as I think we've got a better chance of beating them... but the thought of travelling from London back up north a day after returning from Germany isn't thrilling me at the moment.

I think most of us will be wanting Bolton to win as it is easier to get to, cheaper tickets and will give us an easier route into the quarter finals. I do think, however, that should we play Arsenal we could still win this. Arsenal will probabley play a slightly weakened side, granted that will still be a better side than us but we will be up for it after our last two games against the gooners. Wont be home till about midnight on the Friday so dont fancy getting up at six to travel down to London.

Managed to pursuade the ticket office to send my ticket by specal delivery to ensure it will get to me on the Friday.

Whichever it is it will be my 300th consecutive game so I really cannot miss this one.

300 games in a row, wow that is some feat.

what is that record over, 6 or 7 seasons?

Top commitment is that, are you planning to carry on going to 400? 500?

Why not go for the Guiness Book of Records? Become the first footie fan to watch their team on 1 million consecutive games! ;) And at the same time become the oldest person on Earth!! :lol:

Why not go for the Guiness Book of Records? Become the first footie fan to watch their team on 1 million consecutive games! ;) And at the same time become the oldest person on Earth!! :lol:

It might be interesting to find out what the record actually is. I suspect that Jordon has a ways to go still.

If it's Bolton........

I know some off this MB have gone via preston on train and stopped off in Chorley (sam's bar) for a drink in the past, well with it being such an early kick off this time I was thinking, the alcoholic's amongst you could pop in to sir henry tate's (wetherspoons) for a tipple from 9 am onwards.

I know there's a trip to Germany to get over first but there's obviously not much time to sort things when we get back so I thought I would mention it now.

Chorley (sam's bar) for a drink in the past,

My local

You could pop in to sir henry tate's (wetherspoons) for a tipple from 9 am onwards.

Good beer, crap service!

I know there's a trip to Germany to get over first but there's obviously not much time to sort things when we get back so I thought I would mention it now.

You're on the red-eye wednesday AM flight from Liverpool IIRC?

What day are you flying back sir?

Top commitment is that, are you planning to carry on going to 400? 500?

I am sure I will be ill on a Saturday soon but I will try and continue until work say I need to work when there is a game on.

I think the last match Jordan missed was against big club during christmas in 2000..?

Thats right, Boxing day 2000.

Archived