BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 1 Arsenil

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would rather Sparky rests his first choice 11 for the match agaisnt Bayer and let some of the fringe players savour the Emirate experience. I cannot see the squad managing with 2 cup competitions with some work still to be done in the Premiership, I think we have a better chance of progress in Europe.

3-1 to the gooners.

Agree that the uefa cup seems more exciting. Its a shame, came away from the luton game on a high looking forward to continuing the cup run. Then the draw threw up another uninspiring away game at a prem club and just went a bit flat.

The wrong opposition to play at the wrong time spells a disappointing 2-0 defeat.

well I must be the only one, but I am glad that we playing the gunners. For me we cannot hope do well in all the cups and get in the top 6, so one has to go and thats the FA cup.

The good side is that as I have stated before the pay out will be very good, so roll on saterday and lets show the nation we can play football.

Arsenal will be playing their kids again, so thuggery is the way forward. Get Todd in th estarting line up with mokoena, who I think has looked better recently. Get amongst them and let them know they are in a game. Hopefully we can nick a late goal and hold on. A draw suits neither club so at least it will be an open game.

It's about time Bert Mk2 got on the scoresheet.

Arsenal will be playing their kids again, so thuggery is the way forward. Get Todd in th estarting line up with mokoena, who I think has looked better recently. Get amongst them and let them know they are in a game. Hopefully we can nick a late goal and hold on. A draw suits neither club so at least it will be an open game.

It's about time Bert Mk2 got on the scoresheet.

I agree lets kick the brown stuff out of em they annoy me no end.....

This is a game we just have NO chance of winning. Therefore I hope Hughes not field our best team, let them rest.

Lineup should be:

Friedel

Emerton - Zurab - Todd - Warnock

Gallagher - Mokoena - Dunn - Peter

Nonda - Roberts

McCarthy and Tugay confirmed absentees.

Hughes is likely to opt for Bentley to move in-field and Emerton to push up to RM. I would prefer Dunn to switch to RM and leave Emo RB. IF we're gonna beat Arsenal we're gonna need to pin their full-backs back and somehow I don't see even the improved Emo threatening as a right midfielder. (However, at RB, with more space created by the right winger, he does become a threat).

I think we should play 4-5-1 tomorrow, we will definately be outplayed in the midfield if we're playing 4-4-2 regardless of which players Arsenal are fielding against us. Fabregas didn't play against Bolton so he will probably start the game.

Henchoz and Warnock was very poor against Leverkusen, hopefully Todd or Samba will come in for Henchoz. I would prefer Todd to give him match practice before the return leg on thursday since Samba can't play in UEFA cup

The team I want if 4-5-1

-----------Friedel

Zurab - Todd - Nelsen - Warnock

-----------Mokoena

Emerton - Bentley - Dunn - Peter/Gallagher

------------Roberts/Nonda

Subs: Enckelman, Derbyshire, Roberts/Nonda, Peter/Gallagher, Samba

The team I want if 4-4-2:

-----------Friedel

Emerton - Todd - Nelsen - Warnock

Bentley - Mokoena - Dunn - Peter/Gallagher

---------Nonda - Roberts/Derbyshire

Subs: Enckelman, Derbyshire/Roberts, Peter/Gallagher, Zurab, Samba

Lets play like Wenger hates, DEFEND DEFEND DEFEND :rover: and maybe we'll get a scrappy 1-0 win or a replay

To be honest I would probably of dropped Benni anyway given his lacklustre performances recently. Anybody know whats been up with him other than the poor weather?!

On the official site Hughes is confident we've got the bodies to cope tomorrow...I'm not so sure-our centre midfield is going to get slaughtered.

i'd be giving nelsen a break from this one, and wouldnt risk derbs.

- here's who i'd pick:

FREIDEL

ZURAB TODD SAMBA WARNOCK

EMERTON AXE BENTLEY PETER

ROBERTS GALLAGHER

SUBS : NELSEN

JEFFERS

NONDA

DUNN

ENKS.

we'll draw 1-1.

henry for them, a rare emerton 'goal' for us!

I think we have to try and play 4-5-1, but the problem is how do we field 5 midfielders? Don't know if putting Zura in midfield is a good idea, but atleast he can tackle and he is a decent passer. Mokoena is certinly going to play and I hope he will be able to protect the back four. Up front i think Roberts should start as he has the most experience playning alone. I do hope we beat Arsenal, but i really can't see it happen after I watched their first half against Bolton and its been a while since we were close to beating them.. But I really do hope that we altleast do better than last time, up the rovers :rover:

--------------Friedel

Emerton - Samba - Nelsen - Warnock

--------------Mokoena

Dunn - Bentley - Zurab - Peter/Berner/Gally

--------------Roberts

Don't know if putting Zura in midfield is a good idea, but atleast he can tackle and he is a decent passer.

i've discussed giving zurab a chance as a defensive midfielder before. i wouldnt mind seeing him there, but i dont think tomorrow's game is the best time to try it.

I'm as pessimistic as anyone and am not looking forward to being embarrassed on National TV to the delight of Lawrenson and Motson. However I keep telling myself it might not be as bad as we think. Hopefully quite a few of the Arsenal kids are knackered after stopping up late on wednesday night. Hleb is out and Djourou. Gallas isn't back as rumoured (he is highly unlikely to be back for the Caling Cup final next week even). They also have in their eyes a much bigger game on Tuesday (PSV - Champions League) and Saturday (Chelsea - Carling Cup Final) so would you risk Fabregas against Axe or Henry against Todd with those games coming up.

Knowing Wenger he'll risk them for the ten minutes needed to beat us then quickly substitute them. :D

I'm as pessimistic as anyone and am not looking forward to being embarrassed on National TV to the delight of Lawrenson and Motson. However I keep telling myself it might not be as bad as we think. Hopefully quite a few of the Arsenal kids are knackered after stopping up late on wednesday night. Hleb is out and Djourou. Gallas isn't back as rumoured (he is highly unlikely to be back for the Caling Cup final next week even). They also have in their eyes a much bigger game on Tuesday (PSV - Champions League) and Saturday (Chelsea - Carling Cup Final) so would you risk Fabregas against Axe or Henry against Todd with those games coming up.

Knowing Wenger he'll risk them for the ten minutes needed to beat us then quickly substitute them. :D

Absolutely best preview I ever saw.

Arsenal 9

Rovers 7

Will be a close and spectacular game.

We are going to get tonked by Arsenal no matter which team or formation we put out.

We may as well kiss the FA Cup goodbye now.

On the other hand the UEFA Cup gives us a great opportunity to progress and for this we need to keep certain players wrapped in cotton wool until Thursday.

These I consider to be Friedel, Nelsen, Tugay, Bentley, McCarthy and Nonda. They must not play against Arsenal

Therefore my starting eleven would be :-

Brown; Emerton, Todd, Samba, Warnock;

Gallagher, Dunn, Mokoena, Peter; Roberts, Jeffers.

Bench:- Enckelman, Zurab, Berner, Bentley and Gray (hoping not to have to use Bentley)

5-0 to the Arse ; then they take the foot off the pedal.

Archived