BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 1 Arsenil

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To be honest I would probably of dropped Benni anyway given his lacklustre performances recently. Anybody know whats been up with him other than the poor weather?!

On the official site Hughes is confident we've got the bodies to cope tomorrow...I'm not so sure-our centre midfield is going to get slaughtered.

Bodies to cope - with what keeping the score down.

With that comment it looks to me like we are not bothered about winning this even if we had a chance - just hope we don't mess about with the team again regardles sof injuries - its no wonder nobody looks like they know what they are doing.

If playing, IMO keep Bentley on the right and Emerton at RB - shove Todd in midfield and swap Kish for Nelsen as he definitely doesn't look fit. However can see Gallagher being given a run and Sergio in a 4-5-1 (4-4-1-1)

-------------------------------------------FRIEDAL---------------------------------

BERT MK1 (OR II) ------- HENCHOZ ------ KISH -------------------------BERNER

GALLAGHER ---------------BENTLEY -----------MOKOENA--------- WARNOCK-- -----SERGIO

--------------> (OR)

------------------------->>(POSS GALLAGHER)--------------------------

------------------------------------------NONDA------------------------------------------------

Well im usally one for scorning on ppl for being so "hopless" on the rovers but this time i have to agree. I mean the 6-2 ass kicking we got and then losing agein to them (making a total of 2 thus far) has made us feel a little crappy. Then to think we dont got to play them again this year and the to find out we do.. Man this sucks. 2-0 gunners. So take that funny song!!! :P

It's about time Bert Mk2 got on the scoresheet.

What do you mean? It's only 3 weeks since his bullet header at Watford. If he gets on the scoresheet tomorrow, 90% chance we'll be 1-0 down.

It's on telly here while I'll be eating my brekky, so I am fully expecting us to pull off a shocker 0-2 win. Nonda and Warnock

Then the draw threw up another uninspiring away game at a prem club and just went a bit flat.

I don't think it's the draw that is uninspiring what is uninspiring is our having to face it with a team of second stringers and first teamers that are not yet fully fit. This season has been a damn shame, a season of could haves and would haves if only we'd kept a reasonably healthy first team, the injuries have just about killed us.

One bright spot I suppose Matty may have not had the opportunity he has if we'd been fully fit.

To be honest I would probably of dropped Benni anyway given his lacklustre performances recently. Anybody know whats been up with him other than the poor weather?!

I think the press and the Chelsea links have gone to his head.

At yesterday's press conference Hughes said Derbyshire might travel to London (hopefully not to do a spot of shopping ) and that the mighty Turk needs a rest before he picks up an injury.

Henry starts for the Arses. Oh dear.

One other thing, when was the last time the Rovers were on the proper tele three times in a week? I'm starting to know how it feels to support Man United.

ARSENAL: Almunia, Fabregas, Toure, Senderos, Ljungberg, Gallas, Henry ©, Flamini, Aliadiere, Hoyte, Walcott. Subs: Poom (GK), Rosicky, Denilson, Clichy, Adebayor.

ROVERS: Friedel, Khizanishvili, Samba, Nelsen ©, Warnock, Emerton, Bentley, Mokoena, Dunn, Berner, Nonda. Subs: Brown (GK), Todd, Derbyshire, Roberts, Peter.

can't say I'm a fan of this line-up, too many players out of their positions. Arsenal have a few missing but still look like they can easily rip us apart.

The BBC seem to forget that there is another team, other than Arsenal, playing today.

Can't blame them though. We are going to be real pushovers in this one.

Arsenal 4

Rovers 1

I just hope our 4-5-1 formation will stop them form really ripping us apart, but I'm not confident it will.

Archived