BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 1 Arsenil

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why are people so intolerant of other fans?

If Janice wants to go to the football, doesn't want a drum in one ear, a fog horn in the other, doesn't want to have 20 pints of Guinness before the game, just wants to enjoy the game, shout a bit, have a laugh and enjoy it, what's the big deal?

I wouldn't dream of telling anyone else how to beahve, unless they were spoiling my own enjoyment.

I don't know where the intolerance comes from.

Ha ha, intolerance towards Jan. Have you read ANY of her posts?

FFS get Jan Abbey and Gaz off these boards, they clearly can't act like civilised people and listen to simple easy instructions such as talk about the F-ing game.

Why do I even bother?

good comments there on the game ...

Bloody hell, can we just make a "rant" thread so you can go and argue on that. Please boys and girls try and keep it on topic.

I had a cheesy grin from ear to ear today going into work and gloating over my gooner mates. Amazingly none monaed about penalties and the like only whinging that they cant hit a cows arse with a banjo!

If Janice wants to go to the football, doesn't want a drum in one ear, a fog horn in the other, doesn't want to have 20 pints of Guinness before the game, just wants to enjoy the game, shout a bit, have a laugh and enjoy it, what's the big deal?

I wouldn't dream of telling anyone else how to beahve, unless they were spoiling my own enjoyment.

One of our best results in years last night and the thread dedicated to it has pages of stupid bickering. Get a grip.

Hear Hear. Great result being distracted by silliness.

But

1. No doubt they are on video so the ones that invaded the pitch want serious censure and that is that. After last weeks (prob well overplayed by the great MU PR machine mind) reminder at Lens we do NOT want fences up ever again!

2. I've had 2 great trips to Krakow and Cologne but I've seriously curtailed my awaydays due to two aggravating phenomena.

a. Refs issuing red cards and spoiling matches after much time and expense travelling.

b. Finding myself sat amongst numpty drunken lowlife dickheads.

3. As a teenager I watched BRFC from both the Darwen End and Blackburn End but I have got to say hopefully without causing too much offence that if there was only the Blackburn End open then I would call it a day and not bother going anymore.

4. It's my guess that people like Jan will NOT spoil anybody else's entertainment at a match. She probably puts more effort and money into following BRFC than 99% of all rovers supporters so why is it so big and clever and manly to form a silly little posse and gang up on her on here? We should be less inward facing and be actively trying to woo more 'Jans' to come to Ewood and support BRFC. I'd have a whole stadium full of Jans before the thousands of the towns narrow-backs who watch from the bloody pub within a couple of miles of the ground!

5. Finally in Leverkuesen the cupid stunts three rows down and to the left in front of us were not only stood up but were actually standing on their seats throughout the match! They were not in my line of vision so I had no need to ask them to move but just how ###### ignorant is that? Good old Blackburners or not I piggin hate their ignorant boorishness.

IF we reach the semi - finals and we play at Old Trafford do you reckon we'll sell our allocation out?

If it's on in the pub and after last nights crowd I seriously doubt that we'd sell out if it was at Ewood Park never mind OT!

we were lucky in some ways, as Emerton didn't concede a penalty, even if the initial foul was outside the area. but a win is a win. A few things annoyed me:

1. The Sky commentators suucking Arsenal's nobs. It was obvious who they wanted to win, as they were so much better than Blackburn apparently.

2. More graceless whinging from that tosser Wenger. Jesus, I wish he'd eff off.

3. The diving every time a Blackburn player put in a challenge and won the ball. Arsene Wenger has a team of cheat, liars and cry babies.

1. No doubt they are on video so the ones that invaded the pitch want serious censure and that is that.

Now don't get me wrong here, but isn't it great to see rovers fans with a bit of PASSION - and isn't it great to see a football club that wants to win on ALL fronts?

1. The Sky commentators suucking Arsenal's nobs. It was obvious who they wanted to win, as they were so much better than Blackburn apparently.

To be honest though, you're going to get that anyway when we play the So-Called-Big 4 on TV. Not read the papers sports pages to read about last night yet, but I can guess what vein/tone/side they'll be in.

Why?

Should have thought that was obvious Stu; because he's an idiot. One of those that began to emerge from the woodwork in the early 70's and gradually drove first hundreds then thousands of ordinary decent hardworking people away from football spectating. In the vast majority of cases permanently.

To be fair to him he has been very good in every interview I have seen. He said that he didn't want to complain about the decisions as they had enough chances to win without them and it hurt to lose a game like that, that he felt they should have won over the two games. I think all of those are fair comments.

It comes from a mixture of ignorance and intolerance Bryan. That is a simplified view obviously, but it summs up the position without going into the reason behind them.

Now don't get me wrong here, but isn't it great to see rovers fans with a bit of PASSION - and isn't it great to see a football club that wants to win on ALL fronts?

Quite right den, that's exactly what I thought. We were the underdogs in a very important cup game at a defining moment of our season. A goal right at the death certainly got the adrenalin pumping and to be honest I may have gone on to the pitch at the end had I been stood by the fence. Whilst I don't condone that sort of thing, it demonstrates a real passion and if it happens once in a while after a key game, so what?

Those that want to watch football with a tartan rug over their knees and drink coffee from a flask at half time, do so. For the others that like to sing, get behind their team and create an intimidating, vocal atmosphere and, at times, stand, also do so.

I'm with the latter. :brfc:

Absolutely stunned by the victory. I was at the Dutch cupmatch Willem II vs. Ajax Amsterdam, constantly browsing the web on my mobile phone for the latest scores from Ewood, 0-0 all the time, and on the way home my dad called and told me we won 1-0 in the dying stages. After that, it even was broadcasted on Dutch TV! SO proud to be a Rover!! If only, and it's going to be hell-hard, we can beat Manchester City, we're into the last 4! And what about Europe. As Man Utd. and Chelsea are going Champions League, do we automatically qualify if we get into the final 4 or what's the rule on that? Can't wait for the match vs. City, we need a win, and only a win. Go Rovers!

So much for Arselona, eh Cesc?

Not surprsied we won, I actually thought we would score in the first 20 minutes given the way we started, but they seemed to come into the game after that.

Only worry now is a let down against Bolton. However, give that Man U or Chlesea are likely to make the final, we have to look at this as 2 wins from Europe...

Quite right den, that's exactly what I thought. We were the underdogs in a very important cup game at a defining moment of our season. A goal right at the death certainly got the adrenalin pumping and to be honest I may have gone on to the pitch at the end had I been stood by the fence. Whilst I don't condone that sort of thing, it demonstrates a real passion and if it happens once in a while after a key game, so what?

Those that want to watch football with a tartan rug over their knees and drink coffee from a flask at half time, do so. For the others that like to sing, get behind their team and create an intimidating, vocal atmosphere and, at times, stand, also do so.

Now THAT is a reasonable response. It takes account of the fact that there are several very different viewpoints and inclinations on how to support your favorite football team. Surely the answer is for the clubs to accomodate the different types and requirements and to provide properly segregated areas for each. This should be done for away fans as well, then there could well be a lot more people willing to travel to support their team.

Bloody hell we win two in a row, a good win over the Arse to put us in the next round and this is how we react. Perhaps a loss at Notlob will cheer everyone up they can get back to moaning about the team instead of each other,

I watched this with my brother (an Arsenal fan).

Before the game, I had feared that having Graham Poll as the ref would mean some controversy - ever since the World Cup, there seems to be something up with ever game he refs.

My brother said to me that he was more scared of Poll since he supposedly has a reputation for not favouring the 'big 4'. Turns out he might have been right!

Talking points:

First half, I'd say that in the first 20 mins, we were comfortable, although we didn't actually do anything noteworthy. The first penalty shout was greeted with a heart in my mouth and my feelings are that it was probably a penalty. My brother thought that it wasa penalty too, but certainly not stonewall. One of those 'I've seen them given' penalties. The second shout (Emerton and Ljungberg), initially I thought that was a penalty too - but my brother pointed out that it was outside the box. Looking at the replays, turns out that the foul did start outside the box and Ljungberg made too much of it. I also thought that when Nonda and Gallas went shoulder to shoulder and Gallas came off worse was never a foul. For some strange reason, I didn't feel that uncomfortable even when Baptista had a free header. The only strand out player for me was Samba - having not seen him play before this, I was nervous before the match - but when he knocked 'The Beast' (Baptista) over - it great!

Second half, we came out firing and the Gunners seemed to sleep a little bit. I heard that Warnock was off - but wasn't injured. Commentory speculated on going 3 at the back, but it wasn't true. Although we had more urgency, it still seemed as if though we weren't doing much. Pedersen had a great chance and should have worked the keeper. Tugay was very lucky to stay on the field. Samba was just getting better and better as the gamegot on. conversely, I didn't notice Nelsen much at all. I thought that Nonda was unlucky to get subbed, not much between him and Derbyshire. No need to talk about the goal, but I felt that we were very comfortable in the 2nd half - especially with Samba seemingly winning every header and tackle at the back. It's a strange feeling this, especially when you've supported Rovers over the years - it's a testament as to just how far Hughes has taken us.

Sorry, I just had to say it (and possibly jinx him forever more), Samba was immense and even my brother commented how good he was. Man of the Match for me.

Edit: Just remembered that I have to mention Mokoena - thought that he did very well considering the slating he's had on here recently. Couldn't believe my eyes when he managed to do a couple of spins on the ball and keep possesion!

we were lucky in some ways, as Emerton didn't concede a penalty, even if the initial foul was outside the area. but a win is a win. A few things annoyed me:

3. The diving every time a Blackburn player put in a challenge and won the ball. Arsene Wenger has a team of cheat, liars and cry babies.

Gotta agree - Andy Gray must have difficulty seeing the match he was so far up the Arsenal :lol:

Loads of stuff in the national press about "under strength" Arsenal. No mention that the team they put out still probably cost four times as much as ours - or the long term injuries to our centre midfield and centre back.

Hughes played this one brilliantly. He played a defensive game for an hour: the Rovers' full backs didn't cross the halfway line and Tugay and the Axe didn't move from in front of the defence. Dunn and McCarthy's introduction pushed Arsenal on the back foot and our goal actually came after a period of Rovers' pressure. Sweet

Just caught up with the bickering. My view is there is a group of rather thoughtless, selfish, usually young men who need teaching manners, commonsense and how to hold a drink. Like the 'drog i now visit less away games after a few bad experiences. Off to Bowton though.

Just watching a re-run of the match. Round about the time when I had a serious word (about 82 minutes).

"Look here, Lord, do you really think it's fair that this team of divers should win- especially after all their unpunished fouls and a few offsides that never were?"

It was either that or Robbie's been to Mass again...... :P

Bloody hell, can we just make a "rant" thread so you can go and argue on that. Please boys and girls try and keep it on topic.

I had a cheesy grin from ear to ear today going into work and gloating over my gooner mates. Amazingly none monaed about penalties and the like only whinging that they cant hit a cows arse with a banjo!

One of the partners in my firm is a big Arsenal fan and usually has a gloating word about Rovers' deficiencies whether they've lost to Arsenal or someone else. He hadn't a word to say today... :D

You're with the latter , eh ?

So you must move to the BBE with about 15 minutes to go ! Against Leverkusen and the Arse that's when the first bit of noise became audible to the rest of the ground . Before that ,nowt....except the moron drummer :angry:

Let's hope against City the "vocal atmosphere" starts at kick off ........ :tu:

Archived