BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Super Rovers 2-0 Dirty Citeh

Just waiting for tomorrow afternoon at the moment. Don't really need to hype this up because it is the quarter finals but it really is massive game.

Would like to see Tugay and Bentley put in a good performance. Last few games and Bentley has not played well in my view.

Tugay has seemed off the pace for most of 2007, in comparison to his early season form. Hopefully, a rest is all he has needed. I appreciate he has played a lot of games but attacking wise he has not reached the levels we know he can. Despite his recent form, he still puts in a great amount of effort chasing things down, which is not his natural game.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wish I was there, saw the game earlier in the season

they were bad and so were we

think we've improved a bit

My brother in law just paid 100quid to sit in the darwen end, hospitality ticket without the hospitality

He said their tickets were sold out in hour

He thinks they don't have a snowballs chance

I'm a lot more worried

I think the first 20 mins are very important for Rovers and will decide the match. If we get a good start (like vs Portsmouth) we should cruise it, but if not it will be difficult

Can't wait for this one.

Rovers 2 - 1 City

Man City will take the lead very early on in the game to make is think 'here we go again'. Fortunately we'll equalise on the stroke of half time. Second half will be nervy but we'll go infront mid way through and hang on wihlst mssing a couple of clear breakaways.

The inevitable 15 City fans on the hill (who no doubt are currently bigging it up to their mates how they are going to 'relive' 2000 again) won't have the chance to do the conga across the front of the Blackburn End again. Instead they'll realise that theres a lot of difference sitting on the hill for a 4-1 win in sunny May and sitting on the hill when it's lashing down to watch them get beat 2-1.

I've said earlier the only way I can see us losing this is by getting a man sent off. Referee is Mike Dean.

Large queues at the TO right now.....looks like the Citeh fans are having one last punt at acquiring tickets. :rolleyes:

Ridiculous really,games as big as this should be sold out days if not weeks before the event.

They havnt been for years and years, why would today be any different. If we get 28k on tomorrow that is what? 17% of the population of the town - Im struggling to think of any other club who manage that - Now if they stadium only held 26k would we ever hear anything about it?

They havnt been for years and years, why would today be any different. If we get 28k on tomorrow that is what? 17% of the population of the town - Im struggling to think of any other club who manage that - Now if they stadium only held 26k would we ever hear anything about it?

Middlesbrough is a similar size to Blackburn but they have a much bigger catchment area to attract support from. Anybody really think they would have sold out the Riverside if they were playing City tomorrow afternoon?

It should be sold out now Stuwilky at just £20 a throw.

If any Rovers fans are offered money for your ticket tomorrow tell 'em to p1ss off.....any Citeh fan next to me WONT be made welcome!. :angry:

You're not going back on suicide watch are you sg?

If this wasnt on Sky it would have sold out.

Having all four QF on TV is annoying. How many miles do Watford have to travel to get to Plymouth at 6.00pm on a Sunday. Is it about 240 or something?

One other point. If you're looking forward to the game now wait till Boro knock United out tonight.

Blackburn itself has a population of just over 105,000 which is way better than 17%.

People seem to ignore this when ludicrously slagging off Blackburn as not being a football town.

Middlesbrough is a similar size to Blackburn but they have a much bigger catchment area to attract support from. Anybody really think they would have sold out the Riverside if they were playing City tomorrow afternoon?

Middlesbrough have a bit over 140,000 and far less competing teams in the area. For some reason people seem to have caught on to the belief that the borough of Blackburn with Darwen is a town which it isn't. We may get plenty of support from the local areas but for what the town is the support remains, even now, superb. That said Boro's crowds are awesome too for the area.

On another note....we are third favourites to win the cup :blink:FA Cup Odds

Blackburn itself has a population of just over 105,000 which is way better than 17%.

People seem to ignore this when ludicrously slagging off Blackburn as not being a football town.

Middlesbrough have a bit over 140,000 and far less competing teams in the area. For some reason people seem to have caught on to the belief that the borough of Blackburn with Darwen is a town which it isn't. We may get plenty of support from the local areas but for what the town is the support remains, even now, superb. That said Boro's crowds are awesome too for the area.

On another note....we are third favourites to win the cup :blink:FA Cup Odds

If you want to be accurate, these are the statistics for what is the Middlesborough catchment area...

What is locally regarded as Middlesbrough also includes a wider area, including South Bank and Eston, in the neighbouring borough of Redcar and Cleveland, and Thornaby in the neighbouring borough of Stockton-on-Tees.

The Teeside district population is 396,205 according to Wikipedia...

This contrasts with the Blackburn with Darwen area (150,000) plus Accrington including Gt Harwood, Ossie (70,000) minus about 60,000 Asians in the area who wont come to the matches for some reason. So Mddlesborough probably in reality have about 2-3 times the population to draw from

Archived