BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Super Rovers 2-0 Dirty Citeh

Pay back time. The Semi against Arsenal two years ago - let's put the record straight. That's been well documented. Hughes will hopefully have got the players minds focused. Hopefully they'll be no complacency. I doubt there will be.

As for us the fans. I'm slightly nervous as well. Everyone's nervous (hopefully the players as well). What we don't need is a stadium full of gibbering wrecks hiding behind sofas (Paul - you'll never get it through the turnstile). Let's put this lot to the sword - we owe them big for that promotion farce at Ewood (was that really seven years ago?) they were bang out of order.

So I'm going for a couple of lite ales and then I'm gonna get on that ground and sing the lads to victory. Today isn't a day for worrying and nerves. Let's just go and do it.

Wembley is ready and waiting.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hughes knows this, but I hope the players get the picture.

City, that is the players and managers, have had nothing but a kicking from the media for the last few weeks. Everyone (even Lawro) expects us to win.

Pearce will have his side fighting to restore their reputation and ROvers must be up for that fight or risk wasting all the good work in the first half.

I have a fear that some Psycho is going to pop the bubble in front of a capacity Ewood Park tomorrow. There again I thought the Gunners were going to burst the bubble in the last round, until Benni scored.

If the bubble has to burst can we wait until next weekend when we take on the Hammers.

Theres the wife........ (it is Sunday morning !!).

Now just about to have a full monty fry up, walk the dog, then read the papers, then its off to the pub, watch the first FA Cup game then onto Ewood.

EAsy, its easy like Sunday morning......

Guest Kamy100

Like a few on here I am very nervous about this tie. Mainly because the chance of glory is witin touching distance. However I think that City will give be a tough nut to crack. They can't possibly play worse than they did last weekend against Wigan. Great to hear the Rovers players talking in confident manner however I hope that they haven't underestimated City as football has this horrible habit of biting you in the ass just when you think that everything is going well.

The most nervous I've been before a game in ages.

How do other Board members keep calm?

just been out on the new mountain bike for its 1st ride.

now i'm off to plant some spuds at my mums in Leyland followed by 45 mins in Booths supermarket.

then a couple <_< of pints and 90 mins of hell...I hope not.

Why the hell do I feel as nervous as if I was going for an interview? :blink:

I have read the paper, fed the cat, put the dishwasher on, read the paper again, checked my emails, hoovered up, filled the bird feeder, checked out the rovers site, fed the cat again, sat on the crapper for half an hour with the business section of the paper (first time I have ever read it), emptied the dishwasher, and been for another 'you know what'.

Ok, got cash, tickets - what time is it?

Please, please Rovers, if ever there was a game I wanted you to win................... :unsure:

now i'm off to plant some spuds at my mums in Leyland followed by 45 mins in Booths supermarket.

Booths - You snob :D:D

Just listening to talk sport. Seems Man City fans expect to win and everyone else is backing us, which makes me very nervous. I just keep thinking of the game in sections...

Are our defence good enough when compared with their strikers? Well thats a resounding yes. We have kept loads of clean sheets lately, Bolton not included, and their strikers just aren't confident and aren't scoring.

Is our midfield better? Well Pedersen, Tugay and Bentley on form and on their day can turn a match on its it head, and can give the strikers the service they need, while chipping in with goals and moments of magic. Hopefully the Axe will carry on improving and will be on top of Barton.

Our strikers against their defence? Well like Benni showed against Arsenal, he has that extra bit of class to make the difference, and Derbs has the pace and willingness to win. Their central defenders and Richards are very good and commited but have been leaking goals.

The team as a whole? We are on form, are at home and Ewood should be rocking. Sparky will have them up for it, especially as he has won it four times and wants revenge for the semi-final loss to Arsenal. We have also beaten them twice this season, though the FA Cup is a different animal I know They on the other hand are rock bottom confidence wise and are struggling in the premiership. Sparky said in LET that he would swap all his medals to win it with Rovers, so I know he will have been drilling home how important this game is.

Right, all that said, i'm bricking it!!!!!

Mark Hughes is absolutely crucial to this result. We've seen it all before; lots of local interest, good visiting support, good atmosphere, Rovers set up for a result and progress to the next round..............we lose. Not feeling at all confident,

Exactly how I am feeling about this one, City have not won since .... well when was it. We've mullered 'em in the league this season it's all set up for a classic Roveresque let down (Wham next week too) I have a sneaky feeling it's going to be a game of us not putting away chances and City catching us at the back with pace, Vassell and the young American. VEry nervous about this one yet very excited about the game. Who said the FA CUp is losing it's appeal, not for me it's not.

Bloody hell, been gone 20 odd years and there's Mountains round Preston. Nice little town Leyland, was there in 86 when my mum lived there.

If we make it to Wembley those who cant be arsed tomorrow will no doubt want a ticket for the final :angry:

That's my dream but we are two games away. We can rest assured Chelsea and Man U WONT be meeting in the Semis either. I am sure the FA would like the new Wembley's inaugaral cup final to be those two so its warm balls in the draw anyway. It's a big ask but one I would be immensley proud of, even to be losing finalists.

NOOOO. I'm going to Celtic v Rangers in the morning, leaving slightly early and attempting to get to Ewood for at least the second half, so please at least leave me ONE goal to see!!!!!

Great effort that Jan.

Getting nerves now. Big time. Ignore my earlier post.

Pub time soon.

Getting ready to leave in the next half hour or so for Ewood, the nerves have been building up ever since i got up this morning. What an incredible opportunity, i just pray that we dont ballz it up. Im on the very back row of the bbe lower, so hopefully that means i can stand for a bit, ive got too much nervous energy to be sitting! :rover:

Archived