BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Super Rovers 2-0 Dirty Citeh

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I suppose they would argue that why should they promote somethign that will be televised on a rival station. I would imagine Sky will have an extensive preview?

Just had report on Rovers v City game on Sky's soccer saturday and guess what, out of the approx 12min coverage we got roughly 60 seconds to say we were lucky to have Benni Mcarthy.

WE ARE ONE UNFASHIONABLE CLUB!!!!!!!!!

B******S TO EM! LET'S GET TO WEMBLEY AND P**S EM RIGHT OFF

I suppose they would argue that why should they promote somethign that will be televised on a rival station. I would imagine Sky will have an extensive preview?

And I would understand them dedicating more time to the games on the BBC because of this; but to spend no time at all when you have promoted football focus as being a special preview for the FA Cup quarter finals is rather insulting.

Personally I prefer it when we are not featured too much as we can get on and do the job and hopefully the media find something to concentrate on rather than our players-we win because City concede an own goal, it was never a penalty against MU and Chelsea would have won the final if ........

It also means our players don't get too much publicity.

Now more tickets to be purchased today. Not sold out is the latest.

If we make it to Wembley those who cant be arsed tomorrow will no doubt want a ticket for the final :angry:

Have to take back what I said earlier in this thread about Boro. Only 3,500 gobsh*te Rags, Live on BBC yet The Riverside is packed and rocking. If only.....

• Backroom
I will be sending in a complaint.

My mate complains regularly about our coverage (or lack of) on the Beeb and always receives the same response.... "the majority of interest is with clubs such as Scumchester, Chelski, the Arse and Liverpoo.. we are satisfying the popular demand"

Biased southern poofs !!!!!! :angry:

• Backroom
I'd like to see them use the same justification this time considering how much time was spent on Plymouth v Watford.

Aye.. they'll use the excuse that being as though they are teams from the lower leagues, no one expected them to do so well.. blah, blah, blah

Then again... they ARE both from 'darn sarf' aren't they? :rolleyes:

Edit: Hehehe, just noticed the mistake... not that I ever thought of Watford as a Prem team anyway! :lol:

My mate complains regularly about our coverage (or lack of) on the Beeb and always receives the same response.... "the majority of interest is with clubs such as Scumchester, Chelski, the Arse and Liverpoo.. we are satisfying the popular demand"

Biased southern poofs !!!!!! :angry:

I don't have a problem with their featuring the bigger clubs than us, but I suppose what interests me is whether the next most featured clubs are based on the size of their support, or the success of the club at that particular time. Maybe someone on the board could produce some kind of stats to prove, or otherwise, we don't get our fair share of coverage.

I stopped Sky Sports the season after we came back up on the basis we weren't shown often enough and that the coverage on some of the matches was by Sky's C or D team and wasn't very good.

I have just realised that there is no MOTD either tonight or tomorrow. Is that because the BBC are showing 3 out of the 4 matches live? Wouldn't surprise me :angry: I really do hope it's a Middlesboro v Rovers final, just to p**s off the bigwigs at the FA and their 1st final back at Wembley.

• Backroom
Can I just point out that the producer of MOTD is not a southerner; he is in fact a Boro fan.

Well, he'll be happy with all the coverage Boro v Scumchester has got then wont he ! :blink:

I believe we are the better side, we've definitely been on a better role, if we play like we know we can we're going to the semi-finals. Hopefully we'll be fired up for this and not let City take us back to a replay, which I think is what they're hoping for here.

2-0 for Rovers. :rover:

"the majority of interest is with clubs such as Scumchester, Chelski, the Arse and Liverpoo.. we are satisfying the popular demand"

I would hazard a guess that the 'majority of interest' lies with the total number of fans who don't support those clubs.

Surprised and disappointed that we couldn't sell out for this one. Ewood, it seems, is just too large a venue for the level of support willing to show for these occasions. And to think not so long ago there were debates on this very messageboard about whether or not the club were right to surrender the whole of the Darwen End to certain clubs. :blink:

Surprised and disappointed that we couldn't sell out for this one. Ewood, it seems, is just too large a venue for the level of support willing to show for these occasions. And to think not so long ago there were debates on this very messageboard about whether or not the club were right to surrender the whole of the Darwen End to certain clubs. :blink:

Quite rightly so.

I suspect home areas will be to all intents and purposes sold out tomorrow save for odd seats and we pulled in 25 k Blackburn fans for the Leverkusen game thanks to a combination of incredibly cheap pricing and a knockout situation.

We need to figure out how to get that home support back on a more regular basis. Giving the Darwen End to away fans always was a theoretically bankrupt policy and doesn't work in practice now anyway except for Liverpool or Man Ure or one offs such as this.

If anything the Leverkusen game proved in an ideal world we need to move away from giving up nearly a third of our capacity to the opposition, and leave half the Darwen End for cheap unreserved home seating.

Of course the Police might have something to say about that in practice.

i'm well excited now, not long till kick off.

after watching the geordies and spurs midweek in europe and feeling sick n gutted, i hope i don't feel like that again come sunday evening.

i really feel there is so much at stake, a visit to the new wembley is only 2 games away.

derbyshire to do the business in front of the blackburn end in a memorable victory!!! :brfc:

I can't believe that some people are obsessing over whether there's going to be 30k 29 k 28k or 27k there tomorrow.

This is a huge match, probably the biggest at Ewood since VE day. We need to continue the massive progress under Mark Hughes, give him encouragement, and prove to our "star" players it ain't half bad having a regular starting place in a side competing for the top 6, in Europe and in domestic Cup semi finals and finals.

What we certainly don't need is for us to freeze in the headlights like we did against Celtic the other year.

How good it will be to celebrate over a few beers in the pub tomorrow night surveying the watford v plymouth match and our potential semi final opponents. By contrast how completely galling it will be if we've lost.

But most of all, let's do it for Jack Walker without whom none of the last fifteen years would have happened. :rover:

I fear the worst possible outcome from this:

We lose to City who then go on to draw the winner of Plymouth v Watford and make it to the final where they are thumped by United in what is billed as being a massive Manchester derby, with their defeat being eased by the fact that they will be in the UEFA Cup next year.

What we certainly don't need is for us to freeze in the headlights like we did against Celtic the other year.

This is my concern or the players will feel they only have to turn up to beat a poor City team. In some respects the lack of publicity should work in our favour as the players may have lower expectations than if the media had been building this game up all week. Very excited and worried in equal proportions by the prospect of today's game.

For me the result hinges on the preparations by Hughes and his staff this week. I won't be blaming them if we lose but MH must have spent the week emphasising the importance of this game, the need to concentrate and they need to make sure we play and win. I feel very nervous, I suspect we will nick a goal in the first 20 minutes and then have to endure 60/70 minutes of City pressure followed by 5 minutes added time before we go through. I may have to hide behind the sofa, metaphorically speaking of course. It's hard to see how we can lose, which of course is Rovers all over, come on Sparky get 'em wound up and ready to go.

With the current feelgood factor on ticket and ST prices a win followed by a semi-final is equally crucial for boosting next season's ST sales.

Archived