BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] If You Will Not Be At Old Trafford On Sunday

"Ticket prices too expensive" from someone going on a holiday to Hawaii

"Back home too late" from another

These are season ticket holders who otherwise never miss a home match.

No doubt they'll be first in the queue if we should happen to make the final

People have the right to prioritise and make their own decisions. I didn't realise that when you started supporting a club you signed a contract that required you to attend every match or else you would either not be considered a true supporter or not be entitled to attend matches in the future.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I get to a few each year, mainly London away games, not nearly as many as I would like to though. Sadly I've only been able to get to one so far this year, but I'm hoping to get to a couple in the final run-in if I can.

Ticket allocation should surely be based on consistency of support - not just who happened to be able to get to one particular game? I can see where you are coming from but as Eddie says people are in a position where they have to prioritise in terms of money, family, other commitments etc. A season ticket holder or someone who has been to the vast proportion of games should be well up that list.

Btw I am not going to kid myself that i will be high up the priority list as my attendance is limited primarily to southern away games and the odd home game (6 games this season so far with fulham booked as well)

Here's another question. If we did reach the final, at what point would you decide that ticket prices were too much and not bother paying it.

For me anything over £80 and I'd say no way. I could comfortably afford it but I wouldn't like the fact that the FA had me picking the soap up in their shower.

:rover: i always priortise games at a value,when i go to a world cup i say a group game is worth say £80,the next round £130 etc.if i did not get in the 1st game for £80 i would spread that over the remaining games.

as for wembley i would pay £100 tops as its the first fa cup final,the most i have paid to watch rovers is £250 but that included the fine :rolleyes::brfc:

i'd pay a few hundred for a ticket at wembley with rovers.

i've only been to wembley once in 96 to see oasis live and am desperate to go with blackburn.

yeah it would be expensive and would put me into the red cash wise but it's only money bottom line and the day would be in my memory forever and thats priceless.

sounds like a mastercard advert :lol:

My day Sunday begins with a 2:30 walk to the bus depot which gets me on a 3am bus to the airport. A 6:30 flight gets me to London for a car ride to Manchester. I leave Manchester on a bus to Birmingham at 9:30pm, a stop over in Birmingham for an hour until another bus ride to the airport gets me there at about 4. A 7:30 flight will get me back to Germany at 9:40, onto a 10am bus and back to work by noon.

I'm tired just thinking about it, but boy, will it be worth it!

I don't attend many games, something which I am disappointed about but not ashamed of. I am a student who has no way of getting to Ewood as I don't drive and anyway have little way of affording transport or tickets. My net monthly income after rent is £ 280. Just getting to one home game eats up a fifth of what I have to spend feeding myself and paying for bills.

Next year once I have a job I anticipate attending every away game in the South East and several at Ewood Park if I can get together a few fellow Rovers in London who want to travel up so its not a lonely pilgrimage. If it is logistically and financially possible for me to buy a season ticket I will as they are so incredibly cheap! The board has busted a gut on that front.

If people want to make judgements about whether thats acceptable or not then thats their perogative but I don't see what it achieves. You might make a few people feel guilty enough to buy tickets but also you make those who are intending to go to games in the future feel less welcome.

I fully recognise I don't have as much of a claim to the club as those who financially support it to a larger degree than I do, and I appreciate what people on low wages who go to great lengths do. But harping on about it does more damage to the untity of the support, a vital part of what being a football fan is, than good.

I will watch tomorrows game full of hope we will win, and very sad that I am not there, but what in gods name is the point of pointing fingers? We are in a poor position in terms of support at the moment and trying to drive fans away seems a bit daft.

Here's another question. If we did reach the final, at what point would you decide that ticket prices were too much and not bother paying it.

For me anything over £80 and I'd say no way. I could comfortably afford it but I wouldn't like the fact that the FA had me picking the soap up in their shower.

I'd probably not want to pay more than 80 (although that is already too much for a football game), but I would probably end up getting anything that isn't in triple figures.

To be honest Eddie you'd probably be looking at around £80.

If the tickets were sold in a similar scale to the way they have for the semi you'd be in the third phase of sales, meaning any cheaper seats would have been sold.

I certainly cant see the FA being able to charge more than £70 - £80 for the most expensive tickets

It would be a bit of an outrage if they did. I personally think that they shouldn't be able to charge anymore than the participants would for their most expensive home game. I can't see that happening anytime soon but I think it would be a great way of rewarding clubs who have good ticket prices and also means that fans won't be priced out of the game.

It would be a bit of an outrage if they did. I personally think that they shouldn't be able to charge anymore than the participants would for their most expensive home game. I can't see that happening anytime soon but I think it would be a great way of rewarding clubs who have good ticket prices and also means that fans won't be priced out of the game.

Spoken like a true communist.

They should be able to charge what they think people will pay.

no excuses required for me...I'm going

it be my 4th semi final in as many years...

2003 carling cup semi final 1st leg, OT

2005 fa cup semi final, cardiff

2006 carling cup semi final 2nd leg, OT

2007 fa cup semi final, OT

I did miss the 2002 worthington cup semi finals..and we won, but lost the next 3 which I attended..should I not bother on sunday?

You've missed him. He was definitely there, couple of seasons ago. JWL towards the Darwen End, second block in, about 10 rows up. :ph34r: Not seen him since...

Thought I spotted him before Lardy got in the way.

S-A-R You are looking in the wrong place - he is coming to the game in our mini bus :blink:

Keep the bugger in the minibus. I need the cash :ph34r:

Archived