BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread

Luke Moore is going dirt cheap at Vila, 3 or 5 million, can't remember which, but for a decent speedy English 21 year old, that is hardly anything compared to 5m for King. Guess we'll not be interested though.

Oh dear.

£3 to £5 million is the going rate for dirt cheap failed non-goal scoring Premiership reserve forwards now?

Lets turn this around, you would blow the club's entire season ticket revenue on Luke Moore when he would be 5th choice at Ewood?

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Consider the money flying around now. 3.5 million for Cousins, 5 million for King.

In the present climate I think 3.5 million (I checked the BBC report) seems like a snip considering his age and nationality.

He might not have scored a terrible amount but he as always struck me as a pacy forward who creates things. I'd rather have Moore and 1.5 million spare than Jason Koumas.

And as for him being 5th choice? :lol:

Roque is better, Benni is, Roberts is most likely off and I think he has about the same skill and potential as Derbyshire. Rigters is behind Henchoz and Enks in the "who we should play up front" criteria.

Consider the money flying around now. 3.5 million for Cousins, 5 million for King.

In the present climate I think 3.5 million (I checked the BBC report) seems like a snip considering his age and nationality.

He might not have scored a terrible amount but he as always struck me as a pacy forward who creates things. I'd rather have Moore and 1.5 million spare than Jason Koumas.

You would spend 3.5m on a non goalscoring striker? If there's anything a team doesn't need, it's a non goalscoring striker.

The left winger from abroad could be interesting to anyone.

The rest are good Championship players, which is where they are at just now.

Mind you, just four points from closing that proverbial gap... ;)

Ooohhh Yeeesssssss!!!!!! Just imagine the scene: The Dingles actually make it to the Prem via the play-offs this season. And it is now the last match of the season next year. The Dingles are at home to us and they need just one point to avoid relegation. I am fairly salivating at the thought!! :)

Or an alternative scenario: It is again the last match of next season, but this time the Dingles (who still got promotion this season) are vying with some other team to avoid the drop. Rovers meanwhile have secured their CL position by having enough points to finish at least 4th in the EPL, and are playing the Dingles rivals for avoiding the drop at Ewood in this last match. Ewood is full to capacity with about 12000 Dingles fans screaming for Rovers to win (Dingles are away and need a win and their rivals to lose). Just 2 mins remaining and it is still 0-0, when Rivals are pressing very hard and Samba makes one of his sliding tackles on their CF as he is bursting in to the area. Down he goes! Red card for Samba and just Brad having the last say on whether the Dingles stay up or not!! What will happen? News has just come through on some of the Dingle fans mobiles that they have won away. What do you think?

And as for him being 5th choice? :lol:

Roque is better, Benni is, Roberts is most likely off and I think he has about the same skill and potential as Derbyshire. Rigters is behind Henchoz and Enks in the "who we should play up front" criteria.

I am with the others on this one. Its like Hughes is always saying - why bring in a player just for the sake of it (I am not talking about Faye). Only bring in a player that could improve what we already have. We might as well just save 3 to 5m and keep Gally.

I'd almost go as far as saying this is good news, at least now we know the reason why he hasn't been performing up to par like we know he can, and if six weeks or two months out means he'll be 100% again then so be it - both Zurab and Ooijer can step in and do a better job than the admiral has been doing the past couple of months.

Seconded.

Thirded.

As for our neighbours, 2.4mil? will they now be referring to us as their poor neighbours down the road? Hey at least they are having a go.

Luke Moore is going dirt cheap at Vila, 3 or 5 million, can't remember which, but for a decent speedy English 21 year old, that is hardly anything compared to 5m for King. Guess we'll not be interested though.

£3.5m.

His pace gives defenders a real problem. He does the same type of role as the big CF that can't finish. He takes defenders attention away allowing the better striker to finish the move.

His stats appear really bad at first look but then the break down shows he is slightly better.

Starts: 36

Subs: 51

Goals: 14

He could just be another championship quality forward though. Scored 4 in 6 for Wycombe.

We need pace and what with Dominospizzasichev having the loan bid rejected he seemed like a good option.

If Jase goes and we can still afford a midfielder then go for him. £3.5m isn't a massive outlay and his wages aren't going to be high. There's always the option to flog him on as he is so young. :rover:

with nelsen injuried, it does leave us short-but ooijer and samba are more then capable of playing at centre back together..zurab is even reliable...

we possibly do need a loan move for a defender or get one on the cheap incase any pick up injuries

gary cahill touted at 5million is a bit much..shame villa wont do a loan move-he would of been perfect until the summer..

koumas for 5million is too much...id rather go for huddlestone..

This is the wrong thread really, but here goes.

Rover6, or anyone else:

Since rovers won the youth cup in 1960, the number of players that have come through the youth team, to top division standard can be counted on one hand. That's including the academy and also the years when the old A and B teams played at Fenniscowles. The kids played during those years under many different coaches and many different managers. Ask yourselves one question - why have so few come through?

Answer that, and the answers' obvious, then ask - why it should be any different with the academy?

Two questions needing two answers.

Not good enough is it?

Name any club even slghtly close to us in size or wealth or position or whatever and they will most likely have had more players coming through.

The Academy is not performing...surely changes in personnel need to be made? If Hughes and his management team fail to produce the goods then they get the sack. Why is the Academy different?

A lot of money is being and has been pumped into the Academy...they need employees that can get us something back for the money.

I hear that Ryan Nelsen has been for a scan today on an injury problem that has been affecting his form.

The big guy is honest enough to admit he has been poor and the final straw was his failure to get off the ground against Wheater for Boro's goal on Saturday.

The problem is, possibly, a recurrence of the hamstring problem that kept him out for ages. It is certainly in that area - around his backside - and the x-rays should prove what the trouble is.

Hate to be a scaremonger but I am told it will be a six-week absence from decent sources.

That makes sense. I remember reading about the procedure he'd undergone for his leg and cringing at the details (it's in some programme or other - don't ask me which one).

Sadly I have to agree with the posters that say it's a good thing - both that there's an explanation for his bobbins form and that we'll be without his services for a while. Sorry Admiral and I really hope you're on the mend soon!

Archived