BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe you need to look here for an answer Alan.......

http://www.brfcs.co.uk/mb/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=579610

It's not worldwide, it's local.

Man City are about to spend more money they don't really have, Fulham are throwing it around to avoid the drop. Tottenham will have a real go in the next few days.

Let's not forget that your trustees DO have a lot of money, they are not short of a quid, they just don't seem to want to spend it on football.

The gamble for Rovers right now is how much to spend to make a difference...

It's not worldwide, it's local.

Man City are about to spend more money they don't really have, Fulham are throwing it around to avoid the drop. Tottenham will have a real go in the next few days.

Let's not forget that your trustees DO have a lot of money, they are not short of a quid, they just don't seem to want to spend it on football.

The gamble for Rovers right now is how much to spend to make a difference...

Why do you say Man City have no money?

Why do you say Man City have no money?

Shinawatra has done most of his deals so far on the never-never. He only had a certain amount to spend when he arrived.

As yet, the rest of his 'gains' are locked up back in Thailand.

So Man City are having to look at creative deals just now, like signing players and paying for them in stages.

Their interest in Sevilla's Luis Fabiano is interesting as they might be helped out in the deal by the player's owners accepting a payment for him down the line - in exchange for the hope that he is sold on again.

We live in a strange football world.

He's always been the wrong shape for a top keeper. He has a bigger arse than Tommy Lawrence ..... the original flying pig.

:unsure: I can't believe I'm replying to a post about keepers' arses but...

...what about Peter Schmeichael? Arse the size of Kent, best keeper since Shilts!

I honestly can't read it, it's the single paragraph that does for me. Although I've just noticed there doesn't seem to be a full-stop or comma.

I can't read stuff like that it makes me feel a bit ill :(

Can't read it either and don't want to quote it to make it worse for anyone else. I did notice though that there's a single full stop at the end of the mega paragraph!

Can someone rewrite it or summarise it?

Can't read it either and don't want to quote it to make it worse for anyone else. I did notice though that there's a single full stop at the end of the mega paragraph!

Summarise:

Young players = Win nothing

Amdy Faye = Probably bad but give him a chance

No use for new rightback, need for midfield but not Koumas

New left winger as Gamst been bad, when is Peter back??

Laters all.

Comeongentlemenyoumustrealisethatpunctuationandgrammarareathingofthepastexceptthefullstopwhichisonlyrequiredwhenapauseforbreathisessential.

nicko, by your sources how has amdy faye been doing in training..i know first day you said impressive-but that was inside...

Should know today. I have a sneaky feeling this will happen in the current climate.

The squad will be one man down while Nelsen is out, so Emerton may have to concentrate on playing right back with Ooijer back to his better position at centre half.

Shinawatra has done most of his deals so far on the never-never. He only had a certain amount to spend when he arrived.

As yet, the rest of his 'gains' are locked up back in Thailand.

So Man City are having to look at creative deals just now, like signing players and paying for them in stages.

Their interest in Sevilla's Luis Fabiano is interesting as they might be helped out in the deal by the player's owners accepting a payment for him down the line - in exchange for the hope that he is sold on again.

We live in a strange football world.

The football world reflects the rest of our country. Where everything is bought on the never never. The inhabitants on these sceptered isle hold a debt that would sink a ship. A debt larger than that of the entire continent of South America.

When did any chairman last write a cheque for the full transfer value of a football player?

The football world reflects the rest of our country. Where everything is bought on the never never. The inhabitants on these sceptered isle hold a debt that would sink a ship. A debt larger than that of the entire continent of South America.

When did any chairman last write a cheque for the full transfer value of a football player?

Probably Dave Whelan.

The squad will be one man down while Nelsen is out, so Emerton may have to concentrate on playing right back with Ooijer back to his better position at centre half.

Which might be a blessing in disguise for us, actually.. I hate to say it, but Nelsen has been pretty bad for us after returning from his previous injury.

Rovers were sorting out how they paid for players back in 2005/6- quoting myself:

"However, there is a dramatic increase in net current liabilities from £13.7m in 2004/5 to £20m in 2005/6. Interestingly a lot of this is down to Rovers being very smart in their transfer payment terms. Fees receivable have dropped from £6m to £1.6m whilst transfer fees payable in over one year's time have increased from £866K to £2.25m."

This movement in the balances on the fees collected as opposed to fees yet to be paid helped the club's cash position dramatically that year but of course was a once off.

Another reason why there are no more backs of settees now we are in 2007/8.

If Walcott is going out on loan I woul dbe suprised if we didn't have a look. We need pace, he is one of the fastest in the business. Our Arsenal connections have to do us favours on that front too. The worry is he has no scoring record at all, but then we are hardly choosing at the moment.

Archived