BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all,

have to say the admiral will be a big loss but at least we have got to the reason for his poor form am sure zurab will make an able deputy and do well as for 5M for Koumas it must be that Bruce has lost his marbles ok can understand him wanting to recoup as much of Wigans outlay on what they paid for him but 5M for a 28 year old midfielderis asking way too much over the odds would rather have kept Savage for that

Laters all.

Strange, I had just said to Mr Roversmum that I noticed Ryan talking to one of the coaches (think it was Eddie) after the last match, he was looking very worried and upset, then I read Nicko's news.

Given the seriousness of the Admiral's previous injury it could be that there is more bad news to come.

Ryan has been such a rock and it was obvious something was not right. All the best to Admiral Ryan but I fear the worst. :(

Juhvel Tsomou is NOT involved in the FIRST TEAM squad of Eintracht Frankfurt as far as I can see. He's not even in their U23 team, in according to their website he is playing for the U19 team, so that means the same level, or there abouts (not knowing the level of German youth football), as he was playing here in England.

And yes, Pezzoni is in FC Koln's first team squad. But they are playing, as Paul Mellelieu says, in 2.Bundesliga = Championship. We have to wait till after their winter break to see if he's in their matchday squads or not.

Tsomou has been on the bench a couple of times for the Frankfurt Bundesliga squad (go to the match reports on Soccernet) but doesn't have a sub appearance yet. Soccernet shows him in their squad, as well.

Pezzoni is in the squad. They might be equivalent to the Championship, but we still gave him away. Should we give Gallagher away to Stoke/Preston? Should we have given Garner away to Carlisle?

Except it's stat based analysis, something that doesn't lend itself to football.

Plus, as they proved this year (and most likely next judging by the current roster), they can afford to fail miserably without reprecussions - there is no relegation.

Even if their were relegation, they weren't one of the bottom teams in the league last season, not even their division. The only AL teams that have been to the playoffs as many times this decade are the Yankees (and maybe the Red Sox, without looking it up), Chelsea and United of MLB.

A lot of it more makes sense to replace the academy, to be fair, a reserve squad of young players from smaller countries and rejects from larger academies (such as Bentley, before you ask why we would want their rejects).

Anyone who ever attended a youth or reserve match will know Pezzoni was garbage.

He was just the tall lad, couldnt play football at all, no way should he have ever been near the first team.

I wouldnt say garbage, just compaired to others in the team, conspicuous by his inability to control the ball, however who am I to disagree with rover6, who has built up a dossier on the youth team from the internet.

The geordies reckon Bentley is up there tomorrow........ presumably along with Ronaldonho, Henry, Ronaldo (both of em) and Rooney.

I hear they have built a time machine to also bring back Best/Cantona/Shearer to lead the front line.

What has happened to the raft of signings which our neighbours were supposed to be making?

Bids for Glenn Whelan, Derek Riordan, Alan Lee and Barry Robson worth a combined total of £2.4 million in fees.

Whelan may move now that Sheff Wed are out of the Cup. Riordan will go before the deadline. Lee seems in two minds. Robson does not have a proper 'price clause' because of his agent but may yet move.

There were three trialists - a Czech Republic international squad man, a Portuguese defender and a Trinidad and Tobago World Cup striker. None measured up.

There is also a very ambitious move for a left-sided midfielder which may come off if his club accepts a loan fee.

And apart from that...possibly not the time to be taking the p, is it?

Are any of them players Rovers should be considering?

The left winger from abroad could be interesting to anyone.

The rest are good Championship players, which is where they are at just now.

Mind you, just four points from closing that proverbial gap... ;)

Bids for Glenn Whelan, Derek Riordan, Alan Lee and Barry Robson worth a combined total of £2.4 million in fees.

Whelan may move now that Sheff Wed are out of the Cup. Riordan will go before the deadline. Lee seems in two minds. Robson does not have a proper 'price clause' because of his agent but may yet move.

There were three trialists - a Czech Republic international squad man, a Portuguese defender and a Trinidad and Tobago World Cup striker. None measured up.

There is also a very ambitious move for a left-sided midfielder which may come off if his club accepts a loan fee.

And apart from that...possibly not the time to be taking the p, is it?

Who the hell is even arsed what 'our neighbours' are up to? What bloody difference does that make to us?

I agree with you Nicko - glass houses and throwing stones comes to mind.

If anyone wants to know what the dingles are up to - bugger off to claretsmad and that will save me reading your pointless posts. :angry2:

Who the hell is even arsed what 'our neighbours' are up to? What bloody difference does that make to us?

I agree with you Nicko - glass houses and throwing stones comes to mind.

If anyone wants to know what the dingles are up to - bugger off to claretsmad and that will save me reading your pointless posts. :angry2:

It was a fair question after previous posts and hopefully a fair answer...

Next.

Some bad news.

I hear that Ryan Nelsen has been for a scan today on an injury problem that has been affecting his form.

The big guy is honest enough to admit he has been poor and the final straw was his failure to get off the ground against Wheater for Boro's goal on Saturday.

The problem is, possibly, a recurrence of the hamstring problem that kept him out for ages. It is certainly in that area - around his backside - and the x-rays should prove what the trouble is.

Hate to be a scaremonger but I am told it will be a six-week absence from decent sources.

Also - Wigan want £5 million for Koumas and Faye has been OK.

And the Bulgarian striker won't be coming back in a hurry. Levski Sofia have said no to the terms on a possible loan deal.

AND GEORGE BURLEY FOR SCOTLAND? IF I HAD A KILT I WOULD BURN IT.

5 million for Koumas ? no chance ! Do you think celtic will pay 5 million for him ? Maybe it might be better for Hughes to save what little money he has till the summer.

I thought Souness would have been ideal for the scotland job.

5 million for Koumas ? no chance ! Do you think celtic will pay 5 million for him ? Maybe it might be better for Hughes to save what little money he has till the summer.

I do find it strange that he sits on the bench most weeks and then they ask for 5m - mad

Bruce has commented on the Koumas situation.

"But I haven't heard anything from any other club, and I don't envisage anyone going out. I don't really want to sell anyone. The squad has a nice balance about it now we've got Erik Edman. When he is ready to play, it gives us the option of moving Kevin Kilbane up the pitch, which will be a big help to us."

I think the Ryan Nelsen injury story will be confirmed shortly.

He will probably be out for two months.

I hear the scan showed the problem is near where the top of the hamstring where he had surgery last time...but is not exactly the same injury.

However it explains his form problems and means the squad is a man down for some time.

I do find it strange that he sits on the bench most weeks and then they ask for 5m - mad

Whatever opinion people have about Bruce he does appear to play hardball well in the transfer market. Sav, Heskey, pennat and upson all made big money cos he wouldn't be shifted in negotiation. btw Prob why Whelan rates him.

We need to have a max price and a max salary for Koumas and be ready to walk away if they want more. The rest then is rather up to Koumas himself.

I think the Ryan Nelsen injury story will be confirmed shortly.

He will probably be out for two months.

I hear the scan showed the problem is near where the top of the hamstring where he had surgery last time...but is not exactly the same injury.

However it explains his form problems and means the squad is a man down for some time.

It all explains why he's been so bad recently. At least this will give Ooijer/Zurab a chance. We're better off getting an injury at centre half than most positions - because we've got a few good players there.

Archived