• Pedersen
    • Dunn
    • Savage
    • McCarthy
    • Roberts
    • Santa - sub
    • Derbyshire - sub
    • Mokoena - sub

How can I vote for MOM if I haven't been to the match?

Voting after watching highlights on match of the day is a bit iffy as well.

It's something that we did, after asking the members on here a month or so ago. We thought about doing it only for home games, but really it's the make up of this site - lots of people on here don't see the games, but they should still contribute. Just watch the highlights and read the reports, then vote.

The poll will be up for a few days yet.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two brilliant finishes got us off the hook, as we had previously looked second best to what is an average Boro team.

Nelsen and Samba were both poor today, especially in the first half. They need to learn that sometimes you can't win the ball, as we have once again been punished for giving away a needless free kick.

On a more positive note, Santa Cruz looks a huge threat whenever the ball is crossed into the box. Great header!

Fantastic Result, great goals, was down in the dumps when I heard we were 1-0 down and they were taking Benni off on a stretcher, well done Bentley for sticking at it, believe that he was marked very well upto that point, and as for Santa & Darb's??!!! Quality goals & A Fantastic start, well done MH !!

Happy New Season everyone !!

:rover:

Entertaining game, even when 1-0 down. Then again, after watching the Sunderland-Spurs match anything would have been an improvement.

Few random throughts:

Still not happy about Ooijer at right back, he seems to be out of position too much.

Samba needs to learn you're not going to get many decisions from refs if you try to tackle from behind.

Nelsen looks like he's getting back to his best.

The day Brad hangs up the gloves is a day I really worry about.

Santa looks like he was born to play in the Premiership.

Matty is so full of energy it's got to be a boon for the squad.

With regards the MGP ball in the face incident. Unsavoury yes, but let's not forget that Morten did exactly to someone at Sheffield Utd on the first match of last season - and that was a poor unsuspecting ballboy. :)

Match pics from Getty are HERE.

First image is of trhe handbags at the end.Look at #33 Taylor for themhead butting Samba.brave but stupid.

The images of Benini are a bit graphic with the trainer (LeFevre?) putting his fingers in his mouth and stretcher pics with a seemingly unconscious Benni.

A nice shot of Derbs goal hitting the back of the net.

What's wrong with Brett Emerton..???

Is he injured or was he left out of the squad because Hughes wants to sell him..??

Just because he was left out of the first team doesn't mean that he is to be sold. :ph34r:

Too many players to fit them all in is the answer

Just because he was left out of the first team doesn't mean that he is to be sold. :ph34r:

I wouldnt suggest this if it was the 1st of September but leaving a quality player out of the squad in August is a bit strange isnt it..?

Or maybe he just isnt 100% match fit? I aint worried.

Two great goals today! Super pleased with the result on my birthday as well :D

Didn't get to watch it but sounds like Brad is up there for the MoM. Can't quite make a judgement, least not till I've seen the highlights.

well who from the bench would you drop?? Mokoena can play more positions than Bert, and Hughes aint gounna leave out Tugay, Santa or Matty is he

Nice to see subs bench full of players that can change the game tactically,which hopefully will be the way Hughesy wants to approach every game this season,ie:to try to win every game.Definitely a far cry from the souness era. :rover:

A truly divine goal by Matty. Let's see how much coverage that get's. Ronaldo, Drogba we'd be seening it for weeks.

When we signed Cruz I said there had been mention he is good in the air and asked if anyone could confirm that. I have an answer. I'll take the 3 points opening day away from home.

When we signed Cruz I said there had been mention he is good in the air and asked if anyone could confirm that. I have an answer.

He got a long way off the ground even though closely marked, but it really was a peach of a cross from Bentley. I thought Santa Cruz looked quality for the short space of time he was on at PNE but now he looks real quality. Lets hope his latin temperament (if he has one) doesn't get in the way of his ability.

Emerton is resting as he was playing football all summer with Australia....

Even Emerton needs a rest once in a while.

He will reclaim his place soon enough. Ooijer was poor going forward today, which doesn't exactly fit the Hughes mould for full backs.

Stoked about the victory lads and relieved to hear that Benni should be OK but the med student in me wants to know what happened to him. If anyone hears anything else could they please post it here. It was great to see Rovers finally get a decent start to the season.

Archived