• Warnock
    • Bentley
    • Emerton
    • Dunn
    • Pedersen
    • McCarthy
    • Santa Cruz

OK Who noticed the referee yesterday.

Makes a refreshing change, when the ref isnt the centre of attention. He realised that it was a top of the table clash, let the game flow, and had quiet words with the players committing offences. He may not have give a penalty for the hand ball, as he may have not seen it, (I didnt until MOTD)

Well done Martin Atkinson.

I did, I thought first half he was outstanding, second half, he must have had a phone call, I thought he seemed to favour Liverpool quite a bit, should have called the balancing arms save. He DID let the game flow to be honest though and was much better than what I have seen from any ref in recent memory when we play one of the "big 4" Overall it was a very cleanly contested match though don't you think.

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply
stop f**king moaning u spoilt tw*ts

Whose moaning? Care to argue the things I've said? Do you thinkk MGP had a good game? Do you think Bents had a good game? Do you not think we had a real chance at getting 3 points?

Whose moaning? Care to argue the things I've said? Do you thinkk MGP had a good game? Do you think Bents had a good game? Do you not think we had a real chance at getting 3 points?

Some people are never happy. 3 points would have been great but none would have been worse.

OK maybe a couple of players weren't on top form, it happens, and they as professionals will realise that and hopefully do something about it.

The important thing is that we are playing some great football and getting results because of it. Let the manager decide whether changes need to be made.

In the meantime let's enjoy the fact that the media have at last woken up to the fact that there is another team outside of the top 4

Football is all about opinions amd we all seem to have been at different matches yesterday. I'd agree with Revidge we didn't reach the heights of battering Arsenal but don't follow the rest of his remarks. As Super Stella and others have said what is there to complain about? In some respects this was a makeshift Rovers side and we produced an excellent performance against one of the supposed top four championship challenging sides. The game was really enjoyable to watch, great entertainment, not the barn-storming stuff often associated with good matches but nevertheless a really good match.

I dont feel we showed Liverpool too much respect, if anything it was the other way round. Liverpool are supposed to be championship contenders and Rafa comes to little old Ewood Park with just Kuyt up front. Kopite I can tell you one thing, with this team and this manager you will never win the championship, top four is the best you can hope for. Perhaps Rovers were a little cautious, yes we could have had better performances from some players and too many passes went astray but we were desperately unlucky. On another day we'd have been 2-0 up at half-time and game over.

I felt more than comfortable with our performance, very happy that on yesterday's game we are least on par with Liverpool ( a pundit's top four team) and possibly better. For 80 minutes only one team was going to win, the last ten minutes I felt really uncomfortable as Liverpool looked they might nick a goal.

Disappointments? Tugay I'm afraid, he can't do it any more, age is catching up rapidly. ....and the 80 minutes it took to get home!! What is with the support in the Jack Walker. Wandering out 7-8 minutes before HT, coming back 5 minutes after the second-half KO'd and leaving 10 min before the end? I can't friggin see!!!!

Just broke off from this to watch MOTD. Pathetic coverage, totally Liverpool biased, absolute disgrace. Was it a penalty? We'd have been angry if it was the other way.

MOTM for me was Friedel as he diid stop several very strong attempts from Liverpool. When Gerrard was through it looked to be all over.

pedersen useless-let me guess, your one of the dimwits who booed him???

pedersen's defensive work always goes unnoticed, his defending when we was under the kosh was brilliant , ok his corners could have been better, but so could have bentley's....

im a massive fan of both bentley and pedersen, but to say pedersen is usless when bentley didnt do anything much better then pedersen is wrong..

Thank you Mozzer; you have saved me posting more or less the same.

By their own high standards, both MGP and Bentley were poor today, but MGP was by no means as poor as he has been in most matches so far this season. Bentley's passing, crossing, and shooting ability seems to have been left in the dressing room.

Good even contest.

1. The Ref had a good game.

2. Thanks to the clown Rafa for not playing with a striker for 70 mins. (I don't really know what Kuyt is btw but a lone striker he is not..... unless maybe at fizzy pop league level). With Crouch on Liverpool instantly gained the initiative.

3. Thanks to Gerrard for again confirming that he is a good club player, an England bench man and a million miles off the stupid 'World Class' tag that is so frequently applied to him by thousands of gormless armchair pundits who believe the continual stream of media hype and regurgitate the same at every possible opportunity.

4. Too much unfair criticism on here! We have a small squad and it is begining to creak under the strain of a punishing programme of big games. I have a feeling that at a 'big club' the likes of Bentley and Warnock might well have been deemed unfit to start. Bentley especially missed Emerton behind him / overlapping etc imo. Criticism of Pederson is also unfair because he is a good player suffering from a lack of form and confidence at the moment. Hughes knows this and had rightly dropped him to the bench but injuries meant that he was given a start through necessity...... only for some daft know nowt female to come on here claiming that he is better dropped off a bridge somewhere! :angry: Whether Reid will be back soon or not we really do need another midfielder in the January sales. The priority being the cheapest option i.e a deep playing Atko / Marker / Mokoena type who can simply deny opponents space and time by closing down and breaking up the play of opposing midfielders. Much credit to Brett Emerton too but he really is only a stop gap in todays position.

5. Crowd and support was much better today. 8/10 Please can we now have some better and more original songs?

All in all and as I remarked yesterday e really do not know how lucky we are in Blackburn! Just a few years ago if I'd suggested that we'd be watching our team have fixtures against Lpool Man Utd, Arsenal and European competition within a few weeks (and providing serious concern to all of them) from the comfort of a superb stadium would have seen me sectioned. Yet still we have moaners and detracters! <_< Got to say I'm fully in agreement with Super Stella here!

First off Ive only read this page, I had to leave Ewood quite quick to get to Manchester for a gig and havnt had the time to go through the last couple of pages. But SS I completely understand were you are coming from because I felt at the end we were very lucky to come away with a point.

For most the game we did what we had to do and keep Gerrard quiet, Liverpool to me are only a good team when he plays well so we have done good. But the problems began when Dunn went off and Tugay replaced him although Toogs had some nice touches he didnt have the same effect as Dunn who I felt had had yet another quality game. For long periods we were the better team.

People looking for faults with individual performances should look at things this way, the team got a point it keeps us ahead of the scousers and we have a game in hand, if we win that we will go third so stop bloody moaning.

Incidently I was stopped every five mins before the Foo Fighters gig in Manchester tonight and had to have a discussion with a few people about this match and how they as neutrals felt it was a good result AND how well we are playing this season. But the funniest thing of the evening had to be Im at this gig still wearing my colours and I take my seat and Ive booked our tickets and it pans out Im sat next to a DINGLE who was also quite complementry about our form. His Daughter did apologise a few times for her dad calling me a B*stard.

Great night guys we ARE going places. Lets believe in the lads for next week and another point will see me happy

Another sensible post from Seggie. Just as I was beginning to think my TV had shown some kind of "alternative dimension" view of the match.

Good even contest.

2. Thanks to the clown Rafa for not playing with a striker for 70 mins. (I don't really know what Kuyt is btw but a lone striker he is not..... unless maybe at fizzy pop league level). With Crouch on Liverpool instantly gained the initiative.

3. Thanks to Gerrard for again confirming that he is a good club player, an England bench man and a million miles off the stupid 'World Class' tag that is so frequently applied to him by thousands of gormless armchair pundits who believe the continual stream of media hype and regurgitate the same at every possible opportunity.

4. Too much unfair criticism on here! We have a small squad and it is begining to creak under the strain of a punishing programme of big games. I have a feeling that at a 'big club' the likes of Bentley and Warnock might well have been deemed unfit to start. Bentley especially missed Emerton behind him / overlapping etc imo. Criticism of Pederson is also unfair because he is a good player suffering from a lack of form and confidence at the moment. Hughes knows this and had rightly dropped him to the bench but injuries meant that he was given a start through necessity...... only for some daft know nowt female to come on here claiming that he is better dropped off a bridge somewhere! :angry: Whether Reid will be back soon or not we really do need another midfielder in the January sales. The priority being the cheapest option i.e a deep playing Atko / Marker / Mokoena type who can simply deny opponents space and time by closing down and breaking up the play of opposing midfielders. Much credit to Brett Emerton too but he really is only a stop gap in todays position.

5. Crowd and support was much better today. 8/10 Please can we now have some better and more original songs?

All in all and as I remarked yesterday e really do not know how lucky we are in Blackburn! Just a few years ago if I'd suggested that we'd be watching our team have fixtures against Lpool Man Utd, Arsenal and European competition within a few weeks (and providing serious concern to all of them) from the comfort of a superb stadium would have seen me sectioned. Yet still we have moaners and detracters! <_< Got to say I'm fully in agreement with Super Stella here!

Your best post in many years.

When not in rant mode you even appear half-human.

Keep up the good work Gordon.

Would reiterate to the grumblers that this was very much a patched-up, makeshift Rovers side that did well to take a point from a top-four team.

The squad is evidently stretched, many players are carrying injuries and need rest and the squad needs reinforcements before January if we are to maintain the current momentum. To slip out of the top six because of a short-term shortage of players would be a shame.

I'd take 7p at the moment. At one point he walked over to the bench and I suggested he just sat down as at least then Mr Warnock would not HOPE to get assistance from him. Oh, and Philipl- the reason for Warnock not being as good today was that instead of Dunn in front of him he had the useless MGP there.

He needs dropping- preferably from the Clifton Suspension Bridge.

What's the matter? Would he not sign his autograph for you Jan? Or is it the fact that Souness signed him and buggered off a day later?

You really must look at this objectively and not with the venomous anger which you reserve for Souness.

Admittedly Pederson may not have had the best of games but this is Premier League football and Premier League defenders. With due respect to them but we are not playing Kilmarnock or Falkirk every other week.

Bentley had a worse game but I don't hear you slagging him off (not that he deserves it either).

When people start comparing this side to the one that won the Championship that doesn't indicate that some of our players are generally underperforming

I'd take 7p at the moment. At one point he walked over to the bench and I suggested he just sat down as at least then Mr Warnock would not HOPE to get assistance from him. Oh, and Philipl- the reason for Warnock not being as good today was that instead of Dunn in front of him he had the useless MGP there.

He needs dropping- preferably from the Clifton Suspension Bridge.

You pathetic prat.

Your best post in many years.

When not in rant mode you even appear half-human.

Keep up the good work Gordon.

Would reiterate to the grumblers that this was very much a patched-up, makeshift Rovers side that did well to take a point from a top-four team.

The squad is evidently stretched, many players are carrying injuries and need rest and the squad needs reinforcements before January if we are to maintain the current momentum. To slip out of the top six because of a short-term shortage of players would be a shame.

I keep telling him he's good at the football bit, he should stick to that. :) .

A bit like you Jim. :)

I thought that this was a very scrappy game with only glimpses of real quality delivered from either side. It was also a fairly even contest, until the last 15 minutes. I suppose if anybody in the world but Kuyt was up front for Liverpool yesterday, they would have won. And let's remember, a draw was an excellent result against one of the big four.

Thought Samba was superb, again, as was Friedel. Emerton did well in the middle.

feel like smashing my t.v screen in after that 'review' on motd!

I couldn't agree more - who were the form team - winning 7 games on the bounce ? It was almost an aplogetic after thought to mention the penalty claim. Truth of the matter is - with a bit more luck with the woodwork - and a referee with balls - we would have been out of sight by half time. Also, lets not forget Santa's header just after 1/2 time.

I am surprised that anyone gives any of the players stick - I didn't think any of the players played badly - and it is without doubt the best game I have seen from Benni since last season.

Lets not forget that Liverpool play an extremely defensive formation that crowds the midfield allowing little room for opposition attacks. They played two defensive midfield players in the centre - who both IMO had reasonable games. But I thought that Dunny and Emo looked better.

The last 15 minutes were the only disappointment - but lets not forget an extremely difficult away trip to Portsmouth in mid-week - both the journey and type of match must have been extremely draining. Compare this to Liverpool - who had a far simpler home match to Cardiff.

I am extremely proud to be a Rovers supporter at the moment - and with a number of key players to come back from injury (Axe, Roberts & Reid could have made an impact in this match) the future looks bright. The only slight worry is the number of games that Emo & Bentely have played so far this season - at some point they will need a rest - hopefully they can last until Reid makes his come back.

I'll go along with DAVIDMAILSTIGHTPERM. I thought it was a game of high quality from both sides. The standing ovation from a lot of the fans at the end of the game testament to that?

I mean come on guys, if you can't enjoy that, then what else is there?

In a few seasons' time, we'll be looking back, thinking what a great side we had. Players of the quality of Brad, Emo, Samba, Nelsen, Warnock, Bentley, McCarthy, Santa - well in fact every one of them. For the first time in living memory, I don't think I can find one single weakness in a rovers team. - and that includes the title winning team.

Good even contest.

Great summary Theno. That is more or less what I wanted to say but I was so angry with some of the brainless, infantile comments that appeared in the earlier posts that I could not get myself together enough to do it. You have saved me the trouble.

The thing that really angered me most though was the totally unexpected and unbelievably biased performance of the three pundits on Setanta. Macca as an ex Liverpool player and a scouser I can understand and expected no more, but the comments of Dalglish and Sherwood just beggar belief. I had expected when I saw the three to find that Macca was there to give the Liverpool angle, Dalglish as an Ex- mamager of both clubs to give a decent balanced view, and Sherwood as the ex-captain of Rovers title winning side and with no connection to Liverpool at all to give a Rovers slant on things.

But No Way!! What we got was a sickening Liverpool bias that never at any time admitted Rovers superiority in any part of the match or even to admit that Rovers were worth comparing to Liverpool. Before the match even started the anchor man asked Dalglish what he thought the prospects for the game were, and I could not believe my ears when Dalglish replied with "well don't expect me to tip Blackburn" and then for the rest of the day he never once praised anything about the Rovers. Sherwood was not much better either in this respect. Then at the end they all three sat and analysed the match from a hugely pro-Liverpool point of view, pointing out the tactical errors made by Rafa and talking for the entire time as though they were all sitting in a pub in Liverpool talking only to Liverpool fans. Bloody Disgraceful!!!

Well in the end I think the draw was pretty much the fair result, but the game was there for the winning for us. It was a shame that neither Dunn nor Bentley had a little bit more luck and I don't know what law FIFA has recently introduced that says that Carragher can't give away a penalty, that's three games in a row now. The real shame for me was that our wide players didn't play particularly well, especailly when it came to their final ball, both from set pieces and when in play. Warnock seemed slightly off the pace to me and misplaced several simple passes, while we missed Emerton's overlapping runs down the right (although Ooijer played very well and did his job at the back and Emerton stepped in well to midfield).

Picking a man of the match was tough, both of the forwards played well, but as they didn't have enough to feed off of I don't think they deserve it. Samba, Nelsen and Ooijer were all good at the back, but I've given it to Friedel as those couple of saves at the end when we could have lost it gave us the point (they were all saves I expected him to make).

Decent result, but it's a shame we didn't win a game that we could have.

Liverpool are rubbish.

Right, if he isn't world class then I'm afraid all of our players are horrible. If it is just "gormless armchair pundits" then why did Fabregas say last week that he and Kaka were the two best midfielders in the world? Gerrard didn't play well last night, but that was because of their formation and also in part down to the way that we played. Anyone in doubt of how good of a player he is should take a look at Liverpool's league position each year, he gets half of their points by himself. He turns what is otherwise a UEFA Cup side into a Champions League side by himself, if you can't appreciate that then I think you fall into the gormless armchair pundit category.

We badly need a break. One game in 21 days now will do a worls of good.

Obviously there were some out there no-where near 100% fit. We were still the better side for 70 mins.

Does anyone know why the ManU game is on Sunday? Does Fergie decide when they play now?

We badly need a break. One game in 21 days now will do a worls of good.

Obviously there were some out there no-where near 100% fit. We were still the better side for 70 mins.

Does anyone know why the ManU game is on Sunday? Does Fergie decide when they play now?

It was moved because Rovers were still in the UEFA Cup.

feel like smashing my t.v screen in after that 'review' on motd!

I agree, I was fuming. Hansen was so biased, he was funny and entertaining years ago but now he's in a comfort zone like the rest of the team. MOTD is rubbish really unless you support a 'big' club, we might as well only watch the last 20 minutes!

Radio 5 is just as bad, it's been like like Radio Spurs recently. Maybe we should all bombard the BBC with emails prostesting about big club bias?

Archived