BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Portsmouth V. Blackburn

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great finish by RSC and a nice lay off from the man who can trap a ball further than most can kick it.

Like they say, his second touch is usually a tackle.

I hate being at this stage of the season and having nothing to play for. I'm totally underwhelmed by this.

1/3 wins now, 2 more to go and we will have given all our best for europe. results went our way also this weekend.

but from my calculation aston villa cannot win any of their last 3 games if we are to have any chance of intertoto cup. their goal difference makes a major difference.

aaaarrrgghhhhh!!! Those ruddy bells!

I feel like the Hunchback of Notre Dame!

Very good 2nd half performance. Lovely build up for the goal and Vogel continues to look like another Hughesie gem, some really good passing, very reminscent of David Batty, minus the attitude.

Fingers crossed for results going our way...

We needed a Tugs special 4 minute walk off the pitch from that substituition!!

Would be so awesome if Hughes subbed him on in the 89th, and then subbed him again in the 93rd with his patented 4-minute walk. So very against the "spirit of the game" or w/e, but would be hilarious.

I dont think there is anyone out there who can complain with the result, Rovers deserved their win and 3 points on the South Coast.

Plus pointers for me ;

Vogels display in the holding position. Hope you doubters are starting to see what he brings to the midfield. Granted, he wont take the headlines but his solid performance was just the business.

The defence appear to have zipped up the gaping gaps that have become noticeable in the past 2 months, impressed with Big Samba and The Admiral today. I also thought both Reid and Warnock had good games.

Roberts and RSC both have the link up play between them and you can see a potentially blossoming frotn aprtnership, I do hope Benni was watching because mate your gonna find it hard to break into the team if you dont work your socks off.

I thought the first half tactics were spot on, spoil Pompy and you shut their bellringed crowd up. They got ratty and this allowed Rovers to control very much of the game. Second half was only going to be how much time to play before Rovers scored such was their grasp on the game.

Hope you traveeling Rovers fans have a safe and wet journey North :brfcsmilie:

how did Pedersen play today??

sounds like he had a good game according to premierleague.com:

"Blackburn's ability to fire penetrating crosses from both flanks - especially Pedersen - kept Pompey's defenders on alert

sounds encouraging but not like the pedersen i've seen this year...

Watched the game on TV. I cannot understand all those having a go at Reid and Pedersen.

Reid is doing well in an unfamiliar position and MGP plays as well as anyone. He got crocked several times today giving his all for the cause.

I like Roberts up front. He gives us strength in that position. He plays intelligently and gave a good lay-off for the goal.

Once again I thought all the team played well after a shaky 10 minute start.

We upped the tempo in the second half and deserved our victory.

Vogel impressed me the most. He was my MOM

Now let's make sure of 6 more points from the last two games. :brfcsmilie:

He was very very very poor going forward.

Defensively as usual he was half decent. Solid second left back he has turned out to be this season...

And here's me thinking he set up the goal....

As commented above I just wonder what he has to do before he gets any respect on here.

As commented above I just wonder what he has to do before he gets any respect on here.

Stop playing like a tart for a kick off.

He loses possession/gets knocked off the ball far too easily when we are in good positions.

Just arrived home in Southampton. It's so good to see many sad Pompey faces on a train. It makes my day.

Great result for us. We did just enough to win today and felt we could have played for another hour and they still wouldn't have conceded against a poor attacking Portsmouth side. Excellent defensive display by the back four and the midfield who I felt controlled the tempo of the game in the second half. Vogel again has shown just how good he can be and like the Blackburn staff are saying, we will see the best of him next season without doubt.

The best moment of the game was Friedel's supreme skill. Surely that's proof that he's the best keeper in the premiership. Even Ronaldinho would have been impressed by that! :blink::lol:

Archived