BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] West Brom Preview

colin

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes but quite sad to think that it's some Rovers fans. Not one "well done Andrews" from any of the misery-mongers.

It's simple, they'd prefer it if we lost and they could call for Ince to go. Pathetic. Support our team, for the love of God - is that too much to ask?!

Who are you including in that statement?

never saw the match but reading back through match reports it sounds like the weather was a great equaliser not allowing too much good football to be played, sportinglife match report seems to make out the last 20 minutes was a case of everyone slipping over.

Hear hear - to be honest I'm livid that certain board members are writing ridiculous things about Ince - we haven't got the ball rolling yet this season but we're doing OK for now. No need to push a panic button whatsoever.

nope! im as glad as the next person that andrews has scored, i still dont think hes good enough, but i hope he proves me wrong i really do. The most frustraiting thing is to constently hear that we have given the ball away and have been punished, that has happened in the last few games too much.

Hear hear - to be honest I'm livid that certain board members are writing ridiculous things about Ince - we haven't got the ball rolling yet this season but we're doing OK for now. No need to push a panic button whatsoever.

Fantastic - so after 5 games without a win against the likes of Boro, Bolton and WBA, and with Chelsea to come next week is not the time to panic - when exactly is? When we're 3 points from safety with a game to go?

Fantastic - so after 5 games without a win against the likes of Boro, Bolton and WBA, and with Chelsea to come next week is not the time to panic - when exactly is? When we're 3 points from safety with a game to go?

It could have been worse, we could have lost at home to Wigan or away to Stoke like some other handy sides did today

I laugh at the likes of SG and T4E who said it was "game over" at 2-1.

I told ya. I did say. Never say die. Good job our players don't have such a defeatist mentality, eh? To be honest with all the chances we had in the second half, it wouldn't have been unjust to have taken all 3 points.

And well done Keith. Not bad for a "Leege 2 playa who'l never b gud enuff. Incez m8!"

I'd have taken a point before the match started so after going down to 10 men and 2-1 down it's a good result in the end, so well done to the players. The psychological damage to WBA might see us looking back at this with a different slant come May. However so many points saved / gained from late goals are making me nervous.

I laugh at the likes of SG and T4E who said it was "game over" at 2-1.

I never said that at all. Infact I commented several times that SSN were saying we were playing well. You seem to have fabricated the quote that you attribute to me.

:lol:

It's a point gained in the end, and the way it happened should be excellent for morale. It was important not to lose with Chelsea on the horizon.

Having said that, at the start of the game we would not have settled for a draw.

I agree with you 100%.

I am VERY concerned about the injury list at the moment which is ridiculous.

Good on Andrews he is looking every bit a PL player IMO.

I was sure it was you. Perhaps I was wrong. I certainly heard it more than once though. Might not have even been SG. :o

But I'm pretty sure that when someone said "think we'll win 3-2?" plenty jumped in with "not a chance" and such. I dunno, it was pretty defeatist in there with a few pleasant exceptions.

Two people replied "not a chance" at the 3-2 comment, but I was not one of them. Although having said that, were they proved wrong?

The conversation was primarily about Ince's performance so far, which was mostly negative, citing the bizarre Tugay/Simpson substitution as one of the reasons from within the game. You argued otherwise, and had a right to do so. Now you seem to be recalling that as everyone saying we were going to lose and you assuring us all that we would definitely equalise. I think we both know nothing of the sort was said.

Who is SG by the way?

I agree with you 100%.

I am VERY concerned about the injury list at the moment which is ridiculous.

It is ridiculous - and it reminds me a lot of 1999. We can't however keep saying "it's OK that we're dropping points, look at who's out injured". We wont get a rebate at the end of the season.

I had given up hope. As I said if we had won 3-2 I would have cried chocolate tears.

Very pleased for Kieth he has lookedlike scoring on a few occasions and this goal will do him a world of good.

Still think that Ince's substitution at half time was a joke.

Sounds like we were diddled by the referee. All things considered that's probably a good result. It's better to get a point than nothing.

Well done to Andrews also. He may not be that good a player but he put the ball in the net today and deserves his moment.

Did you go imy?

I only ask because Don Mackay was saying he had a bad game. Said Andrews wasn't doing the job he was put on the park for. The same Mackay that said Carlos was poor against Villa - and was dropped for today's game.

I don't know how Andrews played myself, I wasn't there.

Anyone think the bad refereeing and Andrews last-gasp equaliser, are papering over the cracks of Ince's regime? The team appears to capitulate all too easily for my liking. There's an evident lack of confidence in the side, and we never look like keeping a clean sheet at the moment.

I wouldn't say it was a GOOD result today. An acceptable one given the circumstances? Yes.

Did you go imy?

I only ask because Don Mackay was saying he had a bad game. Said Andrews wasn't doing the job he was put on the park for. The same Mackay that said Carlos was poor against Villa - and was dropped for today's game.

I don't know how Andrews played myself, I wasn't there.

I thought he was average, no better or worse significantly than anyone else. Gave the ball away once or twice in very dangerous areas but we worked hard.

Archived