BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Manchester City V Rovers

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pedersen had a great game against Wigan, it helped that he was playing in his proper position with a proper left back behind him.

He has attracted criticism for his second half performance today (I could hear it in the lower tier and I've read it in this thread) but IMO - today - that criticism is misplaced. Pedersen's no centre forward so why the f*** was he playing up front on his own? It's been clear for a month that Samba is no centre forward either, so why the f*** is he still being dumped there?

Roberts and Santa have been injured for weeks - it's beyond belief that 7 players can be named on the bench but there's not a proper centre forward in the 7 names.

The Transfer window closed weeks ago too. Who would you have had on the bench?

Anyone know what was wrong with Tugay? I can only imagine Sam told him he wasnt lumping it hard enough as he left the pitch.

I've read about him being angry that he was subbed off? What exactly happened?

• Backroom
The Transfer window closed weeks ago too. Who would you have had on the bench?

Blackman possibly? Maybe worth a shot

Please, if you didn't watch the game STFU! I'm tired of idiots complaining about something they haven't even seen!

We played well, considering our injuries and the fact our entire team cost less than Robinho's left leg, got undone by 2 scrappy goals and a penalty from the mid-week Premier League secret meeting to remind refs that Rovers need to be relegated and all 99/1 decisions should go against us cos we're a dirty Northern @#/? team that are a disgrace to the Premier League and annoy the Southern Fleet Street shandy drinkers who think we all live in caves.

You didn't see it, so don't talk about it!

BTW Is Andrews now our leading scorer? At least he has the grit and gusto we need and the other 9 usually lack (Samba excepted). He's probably scored more than Grella, Dunn, Toogs, Peds, Diouf, Emo and Mokoena combined.

Even though I'm disappointed with the result, I wasn't surprised to see us getting beaten. Man City have a very strong home record and with our team being desemated by injuries I didn't expect anything from this game. Our recent home wins against Tottenham and Wigan have taken the pressure off us in terms of needing to get a result away from home - I'm sure the people who were loyal enough to stump up the cash to go to the game won't see it like that, and if the result was down to a lack of effort on our part then there is no excuse. I would hate to think that some of the players believe that we are safe and are happy to just see out the season and if we finish in 17th, then what does it matter. We should be looking to finish as high up the table as possible, to give our league campaign some respectability and get the club as much cash as possible. We need to win next week against Portsmouth to make sure of our survival and indeed keep going until we are mathimatically safe.

Terrible game, both teams were crap and City weren't worthy of 3 goals at all.

Good day out though and another very vocal following, why Mokoena was the focus of most of the chants is beyond me though!

Was okay, a top day out, the fans certainly had a good time.

Robbo 6

Ooijer 4

Nelsen 6

Givet 7

Warnock 7

Diouf 5

Grella 7

Tugay 6

Pedersen 5

Samba 6

Benni 5

pity the team didnt help to give us a good time half hour gone it was all over

These guys were watching a different game to me. Just like watching Brazil? I think not.

Guardian:

"Although these days nobody comes dressed as a sheikh, the season at Eastlands is ending much as it began, with blue skies, big wins and Brazilians rampaging forward."

"It is not just the Brazilians who are performing, it is everybody involved," Hughes said."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/ma...lackburn-rovers

Independent:

Headline - Elano the lead act as City turn on style.

"We took time to get a foothold but people can see we play good football," said their manager Mark Hughes. "The key is to make sure we keep progressing and try to add more quality in the summer."

In the absence of Goal of the Month contenders, how about Touches of the Month? Two reverse flicks by Elano were outrageous and one stunning lay-off by Robinho genius. Even the less cavalier Stephen Ireland joined in with a back-heel that brought the penalty for City's third goal."

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/footbal...le-1678014.html

Daily Mail:

It's like watching Brazil as Robinho and Elano shine By Joe Bernstein

"Brazilian soulmates Robinho and Elano are finally producing the samba football Manchester City fans have been waiting for all season.

After a freezing winter of discontent, the South Americans have started to shine now that the sun is peeping through the clouds in Manchester.

Between them, they were far too classy for a Blackburn Rovers side whose only connection with Samba was using their 6ft 4in centre-half up front."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...e.html?ITO=1490

Times:

"The plot and pattern of the game was predictably set early on. Blackburn’s vigour and muscle competed against City’s artistry. But given Robinho’s skill, and the steady, fluent rhythm that City are capable of achieving, it was incongruous to see them slip in front with a scrappy goal in 26 minutes."

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/foo...icle6210172.ece

And an article that no BFS fan should miss:

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/2849...LACKBURN-1.html

And an article that no BFS fan should miss:

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/2849...LACKBURN-1.html

Already under discussion tonyoz.

btw ..an article no sycophantic big club loving bag of wind journo should miss............ :rover:

http://www.brfcs.co.uk/mb/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=754000

btw this is the double standards that irks me.... from the observer / guardian report..

"and scored when Keith Andrews drove home the rebound from El Hadji Diouf's weakly taken penalty."

EHD's pen........... http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/2460575/

"Three Blackburn players were booked in the protests that followed, and their punishments were as inevitable as the result of Elano's spot-kick."

Elanos pen.......... http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/2460327/

Weakly taken ? inevitable ? The damned spot kicks are indistinguishable! Both are hit to the same place and taken weakly with the kicker sloppily leaning back! The only difference is that their gk has done his homework better than ours!

I thought we were not actually that bad yesterday. I was dumbstruck at us being 3-0 at ht with us having had at least as much possession as them. Rank poor defending from corners and a definate pen obviously our undoing.

As somebody who has despaired at some of the "football" we have produced under Allardyce I was actually quite encouraged by yesterday. Maybe we aren't going to be as one dimensional as everybody believes. I heard a Rovers fan walking away from the ground suggest that Villanueva could replace Tugay. On yesterday's evidence he might have a point. He certainly looks leaner and fitter and the guy is clearly a proper footballer. His club want money though so, given that those in charge of our transfer "budget" :lol: are clearly muppets, I suppose we can forget it.

On the other hand he is one of the current favourite targets. :rolleyes:

If Pedersen is the current favourite target , it's because the pack have finally caught up to the few of us who have known that he's been a hopeless case for a couple of seasons or so ......

One swallow doth not a summer make - and one half decent game against Wigan does not make a consistent , committed player .

.....and yes I was at the game yesterday .

Why was Grella appealing on the LINE for the first goal, instead of - I don't know - going for the ball?

That was my first reaction to the goal - I had to watch it again on the big screen because I couldn't quite believe what I'd just seen . Laughable .....

Guest Vinjay606

Seeing as BRFC were 3-0 down at half time I'm not sure how that translates to Rovers fans having a good time.

If Pedersen is the current favourite target , it's because the pack have finally caught up to the few of us who have known that he's been a hopeless case for a couple of seasons or so ......

OK OK Phil he's weak but if we have it your way presumably he's left on the bench and we put Treacy in his place? Cos imo he's weaker!

Seeing as BRFC were 3-0 down at half time I'm not sure how that translates to Rovers fans having a good time.

Because we went there not really expecting a win but still wanted to support the lads, have a good drink and a good time, which we did. Saw quite a few old faces yesterday who lost interest a bit earlier this season but are right back into it now. Must admit I felt a bit like that myself but loving the away days at the moment.

OK OK Phil he's weak but if we have it your way presumably he's left on the bench and we put Treacy in his place? Cos imo he's weaker!

You're right , Drog - Treacy is definitely weaker . By a fair margin as well .

But that doesn't undermine my point , which I made on the Wigan thread , that Pedersen has to be replaced at the end of this season . IMO he's never going to be better than he is now - and that is simply not good enough on the consistent basis that we need to survive as a reasonable prem team .

....and he's not alone either :unsure:

I can't comment on the second half because I left at half time and went for a few beers in Manc but the goals we conceded were down to poor defending and it looked like a pen from where I was sat but I haven't seen a replay.

What I'm worried about is how we play. It's not like when Hughes took over and we needed to win ugly to stay up this is the way we'll play next season. I was happy when BFS came in because I thought he'd keep us up and it looks like he probably will do. What I didn't realise was quite how bad percentage football would be to watch. BFS seems reluctant to mix it up much, which would be a bit more acceptable as a fan. We've been reduced to playing for these Pedersen long throws (I can't remember us scoring from one). Particularly away from home it's been so poor and I can't see myself travelling much next season. I know we're in a position where we need points no matter how they come but the way Allardyce talks and his previous form, this is our future.

I can't comment on the second half because I left at half time and went for a few beers in Manc but the goals we conceded were down to poor defending and it looked like a pen from where I was sat but I haven't seen a replay.

What I'm worried about is how we play. It's not like when Hughes took over and we needed to win ugly to stay up this is the way we'll play next season. I was happy when BFS came in because I thought he'd keep us up and it looks like he probably will do. What I didn't realise was quite how bad percentage football would be to watch. BFS seems reluctant to mix it up much, which would be a bit more acceptable as a fan. We've been reduced to playing for these Pedersen long throws (I can't remember us scoring from one). Particularly away from home it's been so poor and I can't see myself travelling much next season. I know we're in a position where we need points no matter how they come but the way Allardyce talks and his previous form, this is our future.

minor set back dont worry guys we will stay up and hopefuly challenge for europe next season . any one intrested in my vinyl car stickers only made by me

I cant get my head around the fact that in reserve we have two strikers who are up and coming prospects in Blackman and Cruz jnr.

Why didnt we just play one of them alongside Benni ?

We cannot rely in Chris Samba because there is NO ONE picking up the second ball.

Not going to harp on because I turned the radio off after 22 minutes and went back to my bed.

Havent watched MOTD or Footie First I simpy dont have the energy.

Wholesale changes for the coming summer break.

I cant get my head around the fact that in reserve we have two strikers who are up and coming prospects in Blackman and Cruz jnr.

Why didnt we just play one of them alongside Benni ?

We cannot rely in Chris Samba because there is NO ONE picking up the second ball.

Not going to harp on because I turned the radio off after 22 minutes and went back to my bed.

Havent watched MOTD or Footie First I simpy dont have the energy.

Wholesale changes for the coming summer break.

Thanks to all the mass hysteria on here from the usual suspects, I very nearly didn't bother to watch Footie 1st. Thankfully sense and reason prevailed, and I was both surprised and gratified to see that Rovers gave a very good all round performance in the way they played the ball around and kept pressing City. Unfortunately they were let down for the goals by some crap defending, and a definite foul by Ped to give away a needless penalty. We also had no strikers at all worthy of the name after Benni got his injury, which left us completely toothless up front.

We played some excellent football in midfield; second half especially, but with nobody up front that seemed capable of finishing things off it was all wasted. As far as creativity was concerned both Tugay and Grella were better than they have been for a long time. Then when Carlos came on and played in the hole he was amazing. Good control and passing and he was really putting himself about. his size or lack of pace did not seem to matter, and he took all our corners from both sides getting in some excellent crosses which were all wasted by our other players in the box.

Well you're easily pleased , Fife , but then again it's maybe a little less disconcerting watching it on the box ..... :closedeyes:

The way I saw it we played some decent football for the first 20 minutes and then gave two silly goals away .

After that it was all over . City took their foot off the pedal and we accepted the contest was finished . Even after we scored we didn't press in any meaningful manner .

Nowhere near good enough I'm afraid ; a bit of an insult to those who travelled to see the lack of effort .

Well you're easily pleased , Fife , but then again it's maybe a little less disconcerting watching it on the box ..... :closedeyes:

The way I saw it we played some decent football for the first 20 minutes and then gave two silly goals away .

After that it was all over . City took their foot off the pedal and we accepted the contest was finished . Even after we scored we didn't press in any meaningful manner .

Nowhere near good enough I'm afraid ; a bit of an insult to those who travelled to see the lack of effort .

Agree with all of that bp, even during that first 20 mins we were just passing the ball amongst ourselves in our own area of the pitch. It didn't consist of nice play which also put the opposition goal under threat.

I wasn't altogether happy either with the substitutions which virtually conceded defeat. Then again, hoping to get anything out of certain fixtures appears to be an increasingly old fashioned and outdated

concept these days.

:blink:

The Singha was a silver cloud, but it was £3.50 a pint. I only managed two. For what it's worth, I thought we played fairly poorly on the whole. I assume Benni got a knock which caused his substitution. And have yet too see how El Hadj Diouff won African Player o't Year, as he has shown me very little so far.

Gutted we finally lost to City, but at least Hatton got his drubbing.

Archived