• Renewing
    • Renewing and moving to Darwen End
    • Yes - new season ticket holder
    • Yes, new season ticket in Darwen End
    • Not renewing
    • No, and not got one now
    • No, I'm Waggy and dont like Fat Sam
    • Grooby gets a freebie anyway

Southern clubs & big clubs dont give 2 hoots about it. They can fill their ground charging £40 a week, why would the reduce it!?

Hmmmm, let's have some fun, 5 years time - Season tickets at 50% of prem clubs @£20, tickets for away fans at these grounds £60/game. No backlash eh?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone on here from the club ? Have they contacted all the national newspapers, local newspapers, local TV and radio ?

What about the Press Association - I've not seen anything on the wires or on teletext.

Brian Clough said the same 20 years ago when he thought the coming threat of live TV would decimate attendances.

I know. I also suggested that Rovers might be the first to offer free season tickets about a month ago. If one club was forward thinking enough to do it - and was in the position to do it, it would be us.

I hope our club does target those areas Jim,sod 'em we are in a strong position,survival of the fittest and all that...large catchment area to poach there.

Exactly the way I would play it too.

Its dog eat dog :lol: Its just like Asda n Tesco vs Little corner shops ha ha

That really would be the most sensible and obvious thing to do you would have thought!.

I certainly hope they do. Either that or have some kind of online exchange so that people can give away their seat to the match that they can't attend, or simply allow the club to sell the seat to a walk on fan.

It's an amazing offer and one I am so grateful to the club for doing but I don't want to see loads of empty season ticket seats.

Anyone on here from the club ? Have they contacted all the national newspapers, local newspapers, local TV and radio ?

What about the Press Association - I've not seen anything on the wires or on teletext.

At yesterday's pre West Brom presser, all the media present were given the press release at 9am. Sky were running it regularly throughout yesterday morning, what PA wrote is always on the Sporting Life website if you didn't know. The BBC local and national both spoke to the manager and chairman about it, the Sun ran an article about it, it was online with the Daily Mail and the Telegraph too, and of course headline news at the LT.

This is what was on 'the wires'

Brilliant and bold move by the club.

I'll be renewing and trying to get a few extra people along who might not have got ST's before.

Hopefully if we've got most of the ground full against West Brom it will be a good game and brilliant atmosphere this might pursuade some of the non-ST holders to buy one for next year.

Would be brilliant to have 20k+ Rovers fans at every game of the season!

One of the new buyers will be me. I don't expect I'll be able to make more than 3 or 4 home games next season, but I think the club needs to be rewarded for such a move. Great to see.

After having a season ticket for nine years, I missed this season out. Not next year - great prices.

B'burn end is price is great, really great.

:rover: teams like rovers who have seats available at most matches will have to reduce prices to entice fans,teams like utd/liverpoo/arsenal who sell out every week will keep putting there prices up.rovers gate money must be less then a tenth of all income ,utd most probably make what rovers do in gate money in 4 games.in the long run it may make the gap between the big 4 and the lesser 8 even bigger :brfcsmilie:

Not sure if this has already been mentioned, so if it has sorry in advance. With the technology now available through the onerovers website, does anybody know if season tickets are going to be on sale to non season ticket holders from wednesday rather than them having to wait a month or so ... the club must know EVERY seat that is not taken by STH, so why not get them all on sale from day 1?

Any thoughts?

Not sure if this has already been mentioned, so if it has sorry in advance. With the technology now available through the onerovers website, does anybody know if season tickets are going to be on sale to non season ticket holders from wednesday rather than them having to wait a month or so ... the club must know EVERY seat that is not taken by STH, so why not get them all on sale from day 1?

Any thoughts?

What about existing season ticket holders who want to change seat? Surely they must be allowed a period of time (even if only a couple of days) to change?

If a STH is moving to a specific seat then I'm sure that this could be sorted, but really ..... (a) how many want to move? and (B) how many want to move to a specific seat(s)? and if they didnt want a specific seat(s) but just to move to an area then there are plenty of seats to choose from in most areas and could just allocated a seat(s) in the general area N03, etc. The idea of these prices is to drive new STH, so why make them wait a month or so?

Those that want to sit in the darwen end wont have that problem.

Others will, existing season ticket holders will surely get the benefits of having first pick to move if they wish once the usual Claim your own seat deadline has passed.

Just checking but will the Darwen end lower definatley be unreserved seating ?

If it is the case the I will be sitting there and just pay the extra for the other 4 games. Perfect opportunity for the fans to create a singing section in the Darwen end lower imo.

Archived