• Renewing
    • Renewing and moving to Darwen End
    • Yes - new season ticket holder
    • Yes, new season ticket in Darwen End
    • Not renewing
    • No, and not got one now
    • No, I'm Waggy and dont like Fat Sam
    • Grooby gets a freebie anyway

RE: those 4 catA games. Chelsea never come close to filling lower tier. So i doubt that'll be one. It also varies with Arsenal and Everton depending on the day of the week of the fixture. Newcastle nearly fill it too.

I hope we charge the mancs and scousers close to £50 a ticket too.

All that's missing now from Ewood now is a huge pre-match beer tent for home fans, prehaps on the old church, like Sam Platts next to Old Trafford.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well done Eddie. I feel the same as you, the club deserve my money for making such a fantastic move.

We've stayed up, we've got a decent manager now, and the Ince debacle is behind us. Mr Williams, you are forgiven.

So will you be doing the same as Eddie and also purchasing one??

Lee

Just for completeness sake, any chance of a historic comparison since returning to the Premiership? (Or if you are really up to a challenge, since the inception of the Premiership!)

Because of the way I used to update the website I can only go back as far as 2004/05, but seeing as you asked, and if it helps convince more people to take up the offers then here you go.

For ease of use I've chosen the standard price excluding loyalty and any early birds, and seats in central areas as in previous seasons we've had some rather complicated pricing structures, but it gives you an idea ...

2004/05: Blackburn End Lower £410 - Riverside Centre £395 - Jack Walker Lower Wings £410 - Jack Walker Upper Centre £530

2005/06: Blackburn End Lower £435 - Riverside Centre £420 - Jack Walker Lower Wings £435 - Jack Walker Upper Centre £570

2006/07: Blackburn End Lower £460 - Riverside Centre £450 - Jack Walker Lower Wings £460 - Jack Walker Upper Centre £595

2007/08: Blackburn End Lower £299 - Riverside Centre £249 - Jack Walker Lower Wings £349 - Jack Walker Upper Centre £399

2008/09: Blackburn End Lower £329 - Riverside Centre £275 - Jack Walker Lower Wings £385 - Jack Walker Upper Centre £439

2009/10: Blackburn End Lower £199 - Riverside Centre £199 - Jack Walker Lower Wings £299 - Jack Walker Upper Centre £349

The Jack Walker lower 'wings' is the complicated one as some of that area will have been previously put in with the more expensive Jack Walker Lower 'centre' bracket, or a cheaper more 'wingy' bracket :D

RE: those 4 catA games. Chelsea never come close to filling lower tier. So i doubt that'll be one. It also varies with Arsenal and Everton depending on the day of the week of the fixture. Newcastle nearly fill it too.

I hope we charge the mancs and scousers close to £50 a ticket too.

All that's missing now from Ewood now is a huge pre-match beer tent for home fans, prehaps on the old church, like Sam Platts next to Old Trafford.

It will be £35 or whatever they said it is for the Cat A games (9 of them).

United & Liverpool are two.

If Burnley come up, id expect that to be another, and maybe also City as they usually fill it and if they sign more 'stars' then their following will probably swell further.

Sun Newspaper have picked up our ticket deal

We are now the 3rd cheapest to watch out of 92 football league clubs.

3rd cheapest in the Prem, Championship, League 1 & 2

Well done the Sun for picking up ther story but what about the other nationals ?

The club should be shouting from the rooftops about this but the PR dept appears to have done its usual lamentable job.

Top Work Tugay. My mate is struggling (out of a job, bird left him in bad position etc) - im considering buying him one (Its only £100 more than I planned than paying for me anyway).

That's cheap for a bird!!!

Well done the Sun for picking up ther story but what about the other nationals ?

The club should be shouting from the rooftops about this but the PR dept appears to have done its usual lamentable job.

I heard John Williams on Five Live last night about 5.45 and the beeb were praising the effort and the reasons John Williams gave were encouraging.

He stated that we needed between 19k to 20k season ticket holders to make it work and the extra booze/food consumed was a bonus.

He stated that he believed the extra atmosphere would push the team further up the table so though the money commitment was less significant but important that the rovers public embraced it to make it work both emotionally and financially.

I didn't hear the whole interview, but Dave Whelan was saying on sky this morning, that the time is near where they will be allowing fans on for free - for certain games. His reasoning was that the sky money now is so great that this was indeed feasible. He was deadly serious.

Perhaps next season you should have to log in to the website with your Rovers Season ticket customer number rather than 'password'.

Might sort out the PC supporters...mind you at these prices nearly everyone (except smoking Pensioners!) should be able to buy a season Ticket !!!

I listened Den.

What DW said was that becasue of the amount of money coming in from SKY and the Premiership it was about time the football clubs gave something back tot he fans and that was hopefully, although he did say doubfully, giving fans the chance to watch FREE Premiership football at some point.

He stressed each club receives minimum £40m per season and that there SHOULD be an opportunity to give the fans a freebie.

I think he is cottoning on to the efforts of both BRFC and BWFC in the past 72 hrs in price reductions and he is suggesting that there will be an opportunity for his cub to offer the odd match for free but it also appeared that other clubs should follow the lead set by the Northern due of Rovers and Bolton.

Should be interesting how this precendent is followed by the so called massive clubs and in particular the Southern based clubs.

Looks like it may well be +2 season tickets for me.

baby is due in under 2 weeks so I certainly won't make all of the games but just feel that for the price I really should just go for it.

Fantastic Deal but I think I'll have to be pretty bloody quick to get two tickets in the BBE lower, have a feeling that they'll go pretty damn quick.

Or maybe it's not a big story for any paper outside Blackburn. Face it, we're an unfashionable club and there are still games to be played; relegation and promotion still to be decided and transfer rumours to be made up.

We're still a premiership club offering cheaper seasons tickets than a large chunk of sides in divisions below us, it deserves some attention. I could understand not getting much play in the height of the transfer season or if there were big stories this week, but in a fairly quiet time you would have expected every major newspaper and media outlet to have covered it. It doesn't surprise me that they haven't, but they should.

We're still a premiership club offering cheaper seasons tickets than a large chunk of sides in divisions below us, it deserves some attention. I could understand not getting much play in the height of the transfer season or if there were big stories this week, but in a fairly quiet time you would have expected every major newspaper and media outlet to have covered it. It doesn't surprise me that they haven't, but they should.

Read the papers Eddie. We hardly figure in them. However much we think it deserves attention, sports editors don't.

This is not a failure of the club, more the media being bobbins as usual.

Should be interesting how this precendent is followed by the so called massive clubs and in particular the Southern based clubs.

Hmmm, this is all going in an interesting direction. As much as the fans of the big clubs might criticise our clubs for not filling our grounds, I wonder how they really think if, and when, they're paying an absolute fortune, while fans of the smaller clubs get a far better deal?

Southern clubs & big clubs dont give 2 hoots about it. They can fill their ground charging £40 a week, why would the reduce it!?

Id expect clubs like Sunderland to follow our lead due to the poor area & lack of employement - we shall see.

Its in todays Sun newspaper Eddie, can you get bigger than that, surely the rest will follow in their own time although the story is on page 39 .

I did Dave Whelan was saying, that the time is near where they will be allowing fans on for free -.

Brian Clough said the same 20 years ago when he thought the coming threat of live TV would decimate attendances.

Just to agree with a previously voiced concern regarding empty seats.

Although I have had a season ticket for over 30 years, I had already decided that I wouldn't be renewing my 2 tickets next season due to new weekend comitments with the family. We would be attending the odd evening game when work comitments allowed.

However, the new prices mean that we could buy season tickets, only attend the 6/7 games as expected, still be quids-in and have that all-important priority for WHEN we get to a Cup Final. This means that my seats will be empty for the other 12/13 games.

I have already spoken with 2 other people who are in the same postion as me. They are sorely tempted to buy tickets knowing they will only be able to attend no more than half of the matches.

If this is mirrored by several '000 other new season ticket buyers the ground would still be half empty. Exactly NOT the result this wonderful initiative deserves.

Good point.

You can hear the TV commentators now - cheapest seats in the league and still can't fill the ground.

Should be interesting how this precendent is followed by the Southern based clubs.

Probably laughing and making sneering comments about how "it's grim ooop north".

Archived