• Yes, new season ticket in Darwen End
    • Not renewing
    • No, and not got one now
    • No, I'm Waggy and dont like Fat Sam
    • Grooby gets a freebie anyway

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Definitely sold out the FA Cup as well- the attendance at the dingle dome was at its capacity.

Yeah, it was sold out but the away games rule didn't fill the allocation like it very nearly did at Burnley in the league.

It seems odd to me that we would give Burnley 8500 tickets when we will only get 3000 at their place. The Burnley game must not be one of the Big 4. Utd,City and the 2 Merseysiders must be the choice.

Tony, that's a problem I have as well.

We should give them the allocation they give us, and we should charge them the same price that they charge us.

The prices are on page 11 of Sunday's programme.

Lee posted this earlier in the thread:

Because of the way I used to update the website I can only go back as far as 2004/05, but seeing as you asked, and if it helps convince more people to take up the offers then here you go.

For ease of use I've chosen the standard price excluding loyalty and any early birds, and seats in central areas as in previous seasons we've had some rather complicated pricing structures, but it gives you an idea ...

2004/05: Blackburn End Lower £410 - Riverside Centre £395 - Jack Walker Lower Wings £410 - Jack Walker Upper Centre £530

2005/06: Blackburn End Lower £435 - Riverside Centre £420 - Jack Walker Lower Wings £435 - Jack Walker Upper Centre £570

2006/07: Blackburn End Lower £460 - Riverside Centre £450 - Jack Walker Lower Wings £460 - Jack Walker Upper Centre £595

2007/08: Blackburn End Lower £299 - Riverside Centre £249 - Jack Walker Lower Wings £349 - Jack Walker Upper Centre £399

2008/09: Blackburn End Lower £329 - Riverside Centre £275 - Jack Walker Lower Wings £385 - Jack Walker Upper Centre £439

2009/10: Blackburn End Lower £199 - Riverside Centre £199 - Jack Walker Lower Wings £299 - Jack Walker Upper Centre £349

That looks like a £246 reduction for the wooly blanketers over four years compared with a £261 reduction in the Blackburn End. Cash savings roughly equal.

As someone who couldn't get a ticket for the Turf, I can most certainly state you are wrong.

Thanks Philip,

much appreciated...however it looks like us in the JW Outer will have to pay the same as last season...OK no financial disbenefit to me but I will probably look to move to cheaper seats and use the savings for the holiday fund.

It seems odd to me that we would give Burnley 8500 tickets when we will only get 3000 at their place. The Burnley game must not be one of the Big 4. Utd,City and the 2 Merseysiders must be the choice.

As I mentioned in another thread, plod would stop the club if it even tried to offer 8000 tickets to the Dingles.

So you agree we sold out our allocation then.

I didn't disagree before. I was making the point that the situation was slightly different in the FA Cup rather than when we played the Dingles in the league. Don't be so defensive.

Target for the season tickets is 20k. We will achieve that if all the current seats are renewed, along with the remaining seats in the blackburn end, and the darwen end lower. Also a few in the riverside. So basically all those that are in the darwen end scheme at the moment + a few of the old faces/ new faces should do it!

20k seems very possible to me. Just hope the fans can get behind the club and get extra tickets.

If we get to 21k + as I see it we will need to have Rovers fans in the Darwen end for all home games. Looking at the Premier league rules for this year http://www.premierleague.com/staticFiles/7...6~139386,00.pdf

the following sections would mean that we would need to leave 1500 tickets available to home fans who are non season ticket holders

4.9 promote the availability of match tickets by reserving a reasonable proportion (at least

5 per cent.) of them for sale to non-season ticket holders;

so 21k + 1.5k is more than is available in the other 3 stands.

Also we only need to give them 3k tickets for the game according to the rules, but i would of thought we would be nice to the unfortunates and split the Darwen end right down the middle, giving them 4k. The police could count fingers to ensure proper segregation.

7. Unless otherwise agreed by the Board or between the Clubs, each Home Club shall make

available to its Visiting Club:

7.1 3,000 tickets or, if the capacity of the Home Club’s ground is less than 30,000, such

number of tickets as is equal to 10 per cent. of its ground capacity; and, whether or not

that allocation is taken up,

7.2 tickets for a minimum of 10 per cent. of the Home Club’s disabled spectator

accommodation.

I just hope Sunday doesn't put people off.

I have seen some poor games over the years and Sundays' is certainly up there - I was close to falling asleep and that is no joke.

Thank goodness for the Legend , otherwise I suspect there would have been alot more peed off people on here.

Wouldn't it be great to be in a position where we’d need to consider how many tickets we give to away fans, rather than it be a given that Utd and Liverpool get the whole end. I'd also make sure we only give burnley the top tier or half the split down the middle.

The deals being offered by the club are cracking, but I still think we’ll struggle to get 20k. I’d guess around 17k before the start of the season, 18k at a push.

I have seen some poor games over the years and Sundays' is certainly up there - I was close to falling asleep and that is no joke.

Thank goodness for the Legend , otherwise I suspect there would have been alot more peed off people on here.

Spot on Capt, I was thinking the same myself.

Most end of season games are boring, when there is nothing to play for so i doubt it will put a lot of the punters off. The Roberts sending off also killed the game thanks to the ref.

Most end of season games are boring, when there is nothing to play for so i doubt it will put a lot of the punters off. The Roberts sending off also killed the game thanks to the ref.

This wasn't just an 'end ' of season game though with the aspect of the deaprture of Tugay.

If they couldn't be bothered to even give it a go for him just as a send off then what chance in general - it was a chance for some players to make a statement of themselves , go out and enjoy without any pressure and make up for the dreadful season and sign off with a bang against the bottom and already relegated opposition

As I said before we have too many on a cushy number and have become stale - we need change if they can't be bothered.

This wasn't just an 'end ' of season game though with the aspect of the deaprture of Tugay.

If they couldn't be bothered to even give it a go for him just as a send off then what chance in general - it was a chance for some players to make a statement of themselves , go out and enjoy without any pressure and make up for the dreadful season and sign off with a bang against the bottom and already relegated opposition

As I said before we have too many on a cushy number and have become stale - we need change if they can't be bothered.

we had a couple of good chances in the 1st half i seem to remember, it was always going to be on those games were it was slow from end to the other, with nothing at state and when Roberts was sent off the game just drafted away.

I think you are right we do need to get rid of a few of the deadwood who played on saturday and freshen the side up a bit. Benni would be the 1st one of if we could get a buyer for him!!

When do the season tickets go on sale? Are they on sale first to current season ticket holders then to new season ticket holders?

They go on sale to anyone from tomorrow. If you're not a current season ticket holder you will not be allowed to select any seat currently occupied by a season ticket holder, but you can choose the best available and then see if you can swap later for a better seat. Of course it won't matter in the Darwen End.

Just debating whether to go for the Blackburn End lower or whether I'd be better off going for the family stand as we'd like to bring the baby with us to a couple of games. Would a 4 month old baby require a ticket????

Not sure what all the talk of 3k allocation at Turf Moor is all about. We got about 5k last time in the cup so no reason not to be the same this time. Depends upon when it is in the season but tickets won't be that hard to get with that allocation.

Allocations for cup games are always more generous. For league games we only have to have 10% of capacity of 3,000 whichever is the less so I can see us getting less than 3,000 - no chance of 5,000.

Archived