• Not renewing
    • No, and not got one now
    • No, I'm Waggy and dont like Fat Sam
    • Grooby gets a freebie anyway

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Aye but the travel might be a problem.

I highly doubt he (or she or it) took note of your location.

Wrong - I thought given the price you could buy one, maybe come over for a couple of games and then give the remainder to the charity thing they run on here

But isn't that more a protest vote against Grooby being a cheapskate, expenses swindling, almost MP like, person? And he steals chips.

:rolleyes:

True... :wacko:

One point that several have raised but hasnt really been discussed is about what would happen if we got relegated....would the increased following this offer has drawn in renew their season tickets mostly, or could we end up with tiny crowds and a much lower gate revenue (which will be especially significant as the Sky money drops off)?

Great offer on the whole, but this is a point worth discussing..

Guest Vinjay606
But isn't that more a protest vote against Grooby being a cheapskate, expenses swindling, almost MP like, person? And he steals chips.

:rolleyes:

You forgot to add stooge to that list.

You forgot to add stooge to that list.

You managed to turn a joke about Grooby - including to a reference to him nicking my chips about 7 years ago that I keep reminding him of - into another of your pathetic little digs at the club.

Just go away and stop spoiling everything you comment on.

One of the new buyers will be me. I don't expect I'll be able to make more than 3 or 4 home games next season, but I think the club needs to be rewarded for such a move. Great to see.

I can't knock you for thinking like that Eddie but I hope not too many people are of the same mind.

The whole point of the initiative is to fill the ground every week and turn it into Fortress Ewood.

It would be a bit of a disaster if we sold 4000 unreserved tickets for the Darwen End lower and then hardly anyone turned up for the majority of the games.

If this poll is as reliable a pointer to ST sales as polls have been in previous seasons on here, we are heading for 19,000+ ST holders in 2009/10.

At one pub in Over Wyre last night four people, who are non-ST holders but go to PNE or Blackpool when they can, were talking about buying Rovers season tickets because of the pricing initiative.

Guest Vinjay606
If this poll is as reliable a pointer to ST sales as polls have been in previous seasons on here, we are heading for 19,000+ ST holders in 2009/10.

At one pub in Over Wyre last night four people, who are non-ST holders but go to PNE or Blackpool when they can, were talking about buying Rovers season tickets because of the pricing initiative.

Should be looking to get as many fans from those areas as possible. Both natural catchment areas for BRFC if outdated graphs are dismissed and irrelevant to the modern day BRFC.

Been a few years since i last had a season ticket but likely to get one this time round depending on my mate definetely buying one. Last time i got one i was on my todd can't be arsed with that again.

You were with about 20,000 other like minded individuals!

I have to say that I have been very tempted with this offer - both in the Blackburn End or in the Darwen End. I live in Coventry and travel up for roughly one home game a month. This deal will equate to roughly the same outgoings as I currently have so why not!

The thought of being a billy no mates going each week isn't great so I was just sharing this with my Mum and she has said that she would come with me most weeks and at that price she isn't that bothered about missing a few!!!

So that is another two to add to the list (Shame I voted already about not having one and not buying one!!!)

I stopped buying a season ticket 4 years ago when I bought my house and couldn't afford both so this is really REALLY exciting!!!

looking at the last few posts on here and the offical board there are lots of people, who are considering a season ticket but might not make all the games due to the distance they will be travelling. I don't know if the mods could extend the member map so that those interested could locate a liftshare? In a similar way to how https://www.liftshare.com/uk/ works

A great move by the club. One question though: why buy at £150 s/t in the Darwen end when for £50 more you can have a s/t for all 19 games?

Purely personal choice Paul. I`ve always been a supporter of bringing back the terraces.....failing that, unrestricted seating is the next best thing.

I think the Darwen End next season will be have a 'vibe' about the place because like-minded fans who like to sing will slowly migrate together & create a great atmosphere.

That`s why i`m choosing the Darwen End

I’m surprised that we weren’t handed an application form for the new season tickets today, I suppose there must not have been time to get them printed. Does anyone know if peeps in the Darren end got owt?

Everyone who bought on the Darwen End is on the club's database anyway so they will get plenty of info.

I've been away for the last 10 days - just made the game today despite being stuck on the M61. Having read the thread some info to correct: -

The club had just over 14,000 season tickets this season - as quoted at the FF in February, about 1,200 down from the previous season.

Rev - the new deal is different to that which was suggested to the Forum in February but that's clearly on the back of the tremendous success of the Darwen End experiment, both in terms of getting extra fans in and on the atmosphere. What hasn't been mentioned is the effect of a better atmosphere and fewer away fans in the ground will have on the team's performance at Ewood. Of course it's impossible to accurately calculate this but if it gave us say 3 more points a season it would be likely to greatly increase our place prize money.

I like to think that the Fans Forum can take a bit of credit for putting the idea of an unreserved (singing) area to the club, although we have ended up with something on a much bigger scale than we were envisaging.

Roversmum - I'm sure that the current plans mean that there is no chance of another unreserved seating area in the Jack Walk Lower.

One other point - presumably charging £35 for walk on tickets for the Blackburn End will mean that we can charge the same to away fans.

Archived