• Yes, new season ticket in Darwen End
    • Not renewing
    • No, and not got one now
    • No, I'm Waggy and dont like Fat Sam
    • Grooby gets a freebie anyway

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great offer by the Club and I'm very much in favour overall BUT..............

it does seem to me that existing ST holders are being effectively penalised by the initiative.

For example you could have had a season ticket in the Nuttall St. and subsequently the Jack Walker for the last 37 years and you're having to pay 300 (?) for your footie next season whereas someone who's never previously bothered with a S/T can get into 15 of the games for half that price. And there must be a chance some or all of the remaining four fixtures will be on Sky/Setanta.

I'm not sure if I missed the last Fans Forum, but at the last one I was at, this was definitely NOT what was being discussed. The idea being tossed about then was a price freeze but available on direct debit at 0% interest!

:):tu:

A Spurs fan ahas said their season tickets are £750..i also saw a report that said 12% of manchester United fans would not renew their season tickets if the prces went up...yeah right... :unsure:

Depends where you are going. it could still work out cheaper if you are coming home for more than 3 or 4 games to get a season ticket. At 129 for students that's only 4 games at top prices and you will be in profit.

You mean those who are jealous because they get charged far more to watch a similar standard of football are having a go. Bet most wouldn't object if their clubs cut prices. So we can't fill our ground. Nor can most teams that aren't in cities, and even some that are. At least our club is taking positive steps to address the problem.

Even better, I'm going to be a student next season.

it does seem to me that existing ST holders are being effectively penalised by the initiative.

For example you could have had a season ticket in the Nuttall St. and subsequently the Jack Walker for the last 37 years and you're having to pay 300 (?) for your footie next season whereas someone who's never previously bothered with a S/T can get into 15 of the games for half that price. And there must be a chance some or all of the remaining four fixtures will be on Sky/Setanta.

I'm not sure if I missed the last Fans Forum, but at the last one I was at, this was definitely NOT what was being discussed. The idea being tossed about then was a price freeze but available on direct debit at 0% interest!

:):tu:

Please say you are either trying to be funny or being deliberately provcative?

It would only be the most miserable sod who complains if he gets a price cut and still moans that he's not getting as much off as someone else.

Come off it Revidge, nobody is being "penalised" in the slightest - there is nothing to stop the existing holder moving to the Darewen End and paying £150. Similarly the new ST holder could pay £300(?) for the Jack Walker.

In fatc I cannot believe that anyone can find anything negative to say about this offer!

We're getting mocked for it off fans of other teams.

I was with a load of scousers paying £740 today for the Anfied road end and they weren't mocking.

Neither would Spurs paying a grand.

REV - The darwen end success obviously made them re-think. It makes sense.

Rev "existing ST holders are being effectively penalised" - very few fans are being penalised mate - im saving £100 per ticket.

All the ground will be getting reduced rates, if people aint sure then they can move to the blackburn end at £199 or darwen end at £150 for 15 games + probably at least another £60 for the remaining 4 games.

The club has to be applauded for this deal and really couldnt do anything else to help fans. (Except for the obvious of free tickets)

Being in England fans ...this topic has been bought up in a thread on the official site...and no one is mocking...they are only lamenting the huge cost of their own season tickets..If some fans want to take the pee let them...and let them pay £500 for their season ticket...

NEWS: This is official and comes from a club source and they are happy for me to post it here in response.

Essentially our 'Young Adult' ticket is for 16-21 year old. This will be £129 in Riverside and BBE, £249 in JW and £100 in WEC (for the 15). :tu:

£129?!?!

Hm....

Or just £100 in the darwen end lower. Come on ADB - no excuses, 4 or 5 games for the season and you have your moneys worth. You can sell your ticket to family or friends here for next to nothing and you will still be in a profit.

Come off it Revidge, nobody is being "penalised" in the slightest - there is nothing to stop the existing holder moving to the Darewen End and paying £150. Similarly the new ST holder could pay £300(?) for the Jack Walker.

In fatc I cannot believe that anyone can find anything negative to say about this offer!

Why should you have to move from a seat you've occupied for years to get the discount?

Where is the benefit of being a season ticket holder /longstanding ticket holder?

Very unfair on JW ST holders in particular and no recognition of loyalty for existing ST holders in general.

Overall though, a great offer which deserves to do extremely well.

Being in England fans ...this topic has been bought up in a thread on the official site...and no one is mocking...they are only lamenting the huge cost of their own season tickets..If some fans want to take the pee let them...and let them pay £500 for their season ticket...

Don't worry. The people that mock are the johnny come latelys of football, the Sky educated, Adrian Durham listening, Sun reading brigade who have been long dazzled by the 'big 4' and clubs that 'deserve success' like Newcastle.

Provincial town clubs should not, nay MUST NOT prosper.

The great thing about English football is that ANY club from any town, city or area can make the big time. We are not the NFL with their big city franchise system, thats the beauty of English football, clubs that are an embodiment of their towns, Blackburn Rovers, Bolton Wanderers, Wolves, Derby County, Nottingham Forest and many more with a rich heritage go on and on.

The fact that we are bringing football back to the fans, what a football CLUB is all about, has passed them by, more fool them.

Why should you have to move from a seat you've occupied for years to get the discount?

Where is the benefit of being a season ticket holder /longstanding ticket holder?

Very unfair on JW ST holders in particular and no recognition of loyalty for existing ST holders in general.

Surely they're the premium seats though?

I can see your point in a way, but I hope people keep that kind of thought to themselves, this deal deserves nothing but positive discussion.

I'm a long standing season ticket holder Rev and I'm 100 quid better off? :unsure:

OK, fair comment SG, but I don't really understand why the whole ground gets 100 quid off apart from JW stand who only get "up to 50" off, and who also have to pay almost twice as much as new unreserved seating fans.

ST holders should always get the most preferential rate going imo.

Don't worry. The people that mock are the johnny come latelys of football, the Sky educated, Adrian Durham listening, Sun reading brigade who have been long dazzled by the 'big 4' and clubs that 'deserve success' like Newcastle.

Provincial town clubs should not, nay MUST NOT prosper.

The great thing about English football is that ANY club from any town, city or area can make the big time. We are not the NFL with their big city franchise system, thats the beauty of English football, clubs that are an embodiment of their towns, Blackburn Rovers, Bolton Wanderers, Wolves, Derby County, Nottingham Forest and many more with a rich heritage go on and on.

The fact that we are bringing football back to the fans, what a football CLUB is all about, has passed them by, more fool them.

Someone else listening to Talksport on their way home from work tonight? Had to turn off the idiot because i was so busy screaming at the radio that we'd won the darned thing and if one of the criteria for success was winning things then we'd be right up there I was in danger of driving off the road and coming over the tops through York that is not a good idea.

What discount?

If you think that established ticket holders should receive a loyalty discount of some description then fine. But this is no different to every other club in that the "better" seats have more expensive prices.

To suggest that someone is "penalised" by having their price cut is a somewhat bizarre statement to make.

Yes, The Darren End is cheaper - but so is the Riverside. The Darren End is only for 15 matches.

The Blackburn End is also cheaper - but it always has been....

The word penalised is so negative as well as factually incorrect - and I cannot believe that you can even discribe any part of this offer as negative. £300 for the best seats in the ground for a Premiership football club is a steal.

ST holders should always get the most preferential rate going imo.

So you are comparing unreserved seating for 15 matches behind the goal with premium reserved seating along the side for 19 matches?

We're getting mocked for it off fans of other teams.

The @#/?s. Just 'cause we don't have to pay half as much to watch our team in the top flight. Honestly the shame. Come on Rovers, sort it out, put the prices up so we can pay more than Arsenal fans. I tell you when I saw this offer the first thing I thought was "but I want to subsidise the players wages, some of these lads are only getting by on £30K a week".

I hope you didn't give them any grief OhmiBRFC - it's not nice to mock the stupid.

Rev - do you actually know anyone who isn't happy with the offer or are you just playing devils advocate? Or are you not happy?

So you are comparing unreserved seating for 15 matches behind the goal with premium reserved seating along the side for 19 matches?

Yes, it's half as much. And Riverside apart, the standard of facilities are similar and the view is similarly unrestricted.

Rev - do you actually know anyone who isn't happy with the offer or are you just playing devils advocate? Or are you not happy?

I suspect the two guys I go with won't fancy the prospect of paying 100 more or twice as much as other parts of the ground and may want to move.

Wasn't the price differential between JW stand and the other 2 new stands 50 quid last year? I'd say that's about right. Maybe 100 quid cheaper is appropriate for the potting shed.

Archived