• Yes, new season ticket in Darwen End
    • Not renewing
    • No, and not got one now
    • No, I'm Waggy and dont like Fat Sam
    • Grooby gets a freebie anyway

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Once again Rev, haven't the JW seats always been more costly than other parts of the ground....the best seats in the house?

You are paying less than last season.

Just a thought here,are the club planning on any 3 games for 20 pound next season?.....will the 35/29 match price tickets apply to all areas of the ground I wonder.

Someone else listening to Talksport on their way home from work tonight? Had to turn off the idiot because i was so busy screaming at the radio that we'd won the darned thing and if one of the criteria for success was winning things then we'd be right up there I was in danger of driving off the road and coming over the tops through York that is not a good idea.

Adrian Durham in finest and typical "wind 'em up to get him ringing/texting in" mode. Even a Newcastle fan rang in disagreeing with his view that the Premiership couldn't afford to lose Newcastle or any other "proper clubs" who could fill their grounds.

Like you I desperately wanted to ring/text in but didn't want to give them the satisfaction of banking any money for airing such a daft viewpoint.

Can you imagine if someone had have rung in and said our crowds would be good next season because of the cheap tickets? He'd have twisted that round to support his view in that we even had to give our tickets away to get fans in.

I suspect the two guys I go with won't fancy the prospect of paying 100 more or twice as much as other parts of the ground and may want to move.

Wasn't the price differential between JW stand and the other 2 new stands 50 quid last year? I'd say that's about right. Maybe 100 quid cheaper is appropriate for the potting shed.

2008/09 - Blackburn End £299 - Riverside £249 - JW Wings £349 - JW Centre £399

2009/10 - Blackburn End £199 - Riverside £199 - JW Wings £299 - JW Centre £349

Two years earlier the Blackburn End was dearer than what the JW Centre is now.

On here someone incorrectly posted Seniors/Young Adult prices for the Blackburn End, they are £149. It is £129 in the Riverside.

Oh and whilst I remember, don't throw your cards away after Sunday!

off the top of my head, i think i remember seats in the JW costing £529 or £480 just a few seasons back.

This is the only problem with reducing tickets, if you take £200 off one year and 2 years later you increase it by £100, people will say its a rip of etc, but quickly forget how much they used to pay.

The problem isnt a problem, you pay for the seat you want. if you want to sit in the JW then you pay for that. if you cant afford, you go to the cheaper stand.

On here someone incorrectly posted Seniors/Young Adult prices for the Blackburn End, they are £149. It is £129 in the Riverside.

I can't believe some people are moaning about cheaper season tickets... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Even though I miss several matches a season, I would have renewed anyway at last season's prices. Absolutely thrilled by today's news, more money in my pocket and an enhanced matchday atmosphere with more people in the ground!

One slight word of caution, this move means we will be relying even more on Premier league TV money. The fact that only Huddersfield and Accy Stanley have cheaper tickets across the 4 divisions highlights the fact that clubs in the lower leagues simply could not survive on such low revenues through the turnstiles.

This leaves me worrying about what relegation would bring; a doubling of ticket prices and a halving of season ticket renewals......

Yes, it's half as much. And Riverside apart, the standard of facilities are similar and the view is similarly unrestricted.

But it isnt half as much is it? Its £150 for 15 matches, thats not all of them last I heard - so its not like with like.

Its probably about £70 - £90 more for all 19 matches after the "preferential price" offers elsewhere.

RB could have a point :blink: If the £50 discount on JW is on normal prices then it would mean that my ST price would be THE SAME as last season ( when I renewed under the discounted early bird system. If all this is correct my seat JW LOWER will cost TWICE as much as if I move to BBE or Riverside. I pay for 3 season tickets. Why would I NOT move? - it would save me around £400.

I am utterly delighted at the club's ST price anouncement today. It seems churlish to raise these points but without all details being released we are bound to speculate. If it is as I state above who will NOT flee JW and will the rest of the ground have enough space to take us all?

Were'ent JW season tickets close to £600 a few years ago?

I can see how saving £300 is being penalised Rev.

Just seen you are in the "Wing" - were they not £535 or something?

I simply cannot comprehend the use of the word "penalised". Its completely incorrect.

But it isnt half as much is it? Its £150 for 15 matches, thats not all of them last I heard - so its not like with like.

It is to all practical intents and purposes, I imagine most people taking up the unreserved seating will treat those 15 games as their lot for the season and not bother going go to the other games/watch them on TV.

As for existing JW ST holders, are those other four games really worth 150 quid? :blink:

It is to all practical intents and purposes, I imagine most people taking up the unreserved seating will treat those 15 games as their lot for the season and not bother going go to the other games/watch them on TV.

As for existing JW ST holders, are those other four games really worth 150 quid? :blink:

No, but they never were - the question to ask - is whether or not the seat in the JW is worth £150 - plus the cost of the other four matches, plus the cost of moving to other seats for those matches.

Comparing two unequals is like comparing Rovers to Burnley - utterly pointless.

Absolutely STUPENDOUS offer from our beloved Rovers.

Lets put it into context. I have been in London for 2 days and whilst dodging immigrants, bent MPs and the like I took in a tour of the City's big clubs, just to have a butchers and pass the time.

Spuds ticket top price for next season is approaching £1900.

Arsenal £2450

Chelsea £2500

QPR £450 PLUS

Says it all really, well done Rovers.

With this deal we should be able to almost fill the ground every match.

If we get 20000 season ticket holders compared to the usual 12000 then financially the Club will be better off.

Will the walk on fan pay 35 pound for his ticket knowing many have paid only 10?

The cost of a matchday ticket is going up by 11 pounds in the BBE next season....I thought we had seen the last of the 35 pound tickets?

Lots of ticket initiatives will be offered though.

Dont forget for the big 4 away followings, if we have 20k season ticket holders then if those from the darwen end take up the 4 other games for the discounted prices then we have more or less a full stadium without needing too many walk on fans.

10 category A games will be priced at 35 pounds in the BBE accoring to official site.

It also mentions words to the effect of ticket promotions.

Clearly the intention is to convert the floating occasion attender into a regular attender - as it will do for many - I know several 10 match a season fans who are buying ST's due to this promotion who wouldnt normally.

It also gives us the ability to charge away fans what we like if ST's sell out in the comparable areas......

10 category A games will be priced at 35 pounds in the BBE accoring to official site.

The likely outcome of that, the BBE will be full of S/T holders anyway, so that won't apply. :P

You may have a chance in the upper.

There is no doubting the value of the S/T.

If you attend 6 games over the course of the season in the BBE £210, so what is the point of waiting to pay £35.

If Rovers can get 20,000 @ an avg of £200 thats 4m in the coffers before the season kicks off.

This needs quoting

THIS IS THE BEST THING THAT ANY CLUB HAS EVER DONE FOR ITS FANS IN THE LAST 16/17 YEARS SINCE THE PREMIERSHIP WAS FORMED

Thank you Rovers, Thank you John Williams

Absoloutly amazing

It will only work if the word is spread loud and far. We need to drum it into our non-season ticket holder friends. I mean come on £200 for a whole season is just crazy.

SPREAD THE WORD - GET PEOPLE TO SIGN UP - ITS OUR JOB ASWELL AS THE CLUBS IF WE WANT IT TO BE A SUCCESS!!

Archived