454 members have voted

1. 1. The Squad is......

• Much Stronger
    • Slightly Stronger
    • The Same
    • Slightly Weaker
    • Much Weaker
    • Grooby should have been sold

:lol: why not you fool,we must have £2.5 million and moric did not break his leg till last saturday ;)

It's nothing to do with having the money (although you seem to neglect the huge wages he'll be on at Spurs - rumoured £70,000 p/w), it's the fact that he wouldn't come to us.

He was happy to sit out the last year of his contract at Pompey and get a bumper move to an ambitious club at the end of that. Spurs obviously made him an offer good enough to deviate from that plan. There is not a chance in hell we could have done the same.

You fool.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's nothing to do with having the money (although you seem to neglect the huge wages he'll be on at Spurs - rumoured £70,000 p/w), it's the fact that he wouldn't come to us.

He was happy to sit out the last year of his contract at Pompey and get a bumper move to an ambitious club at the end of that. Spurs obviously made him an offer good enough to deviate from that plan. There is not a chance in hell we could have done the same.

You fool.

:lol: so why were we intrested in crouch and bent ;)

so why were we intrested in crouch and bent

It appears to me that many football manager profess interest in players only to drive down the price when negotiating with another player. And the contrary also, drive up the price when a player is negotating with another team.

:lol: i reckon signing 3 right backs is insane, we could have bid for kranjcer who is head above any off our midfielders but we did not.a manager lives and dies by his signings,this season will be very intresting :o

How would Rovers pay his wages? £70.000 a week is not what rovers pay. As well as strengthen other areas, such as the defence, forwards etc.

:lol: so why were we intrested in crouch and bent ;)

They may have been interested - but Sam did say that Rovers were priced out of both of them. In the light of man city splashing the cash, clubs put the fees up for players.

Look out for a silly Ronaldo to Rovers story coming out of Brazil...

The chubby one, not the Real Madrid poseur.

Make of it what you will.

Just heard about this. Us and SPurs were supposed to have made an inquiry for the January transfer window. Is that correct Nicko??

Just heard about this. Us and SPurs were supposed to have made an inquiry for the January transfer window. Is that correct Nicko??

It would surprise the life out of me...but who knows what is considered and dismissed in the final few days.

By the way, 're-sale value'?

:lol:

Iteresting " League Table" in yesterdays Gaurdian. It's baed on summer outlay. Obviously City top the list with an net outlay of £98mill. Rovers are 4th bottom with a minus outlay of £16.5 mill. Income from transfers- £28.5 mill , outgoing fees- £12 mill. Portsmouth, Arsenal and the Red Rats are below us because of the large transfer fees they 've received.

I suppose we may be looking for very cheap options to repalce Di Santo when he is recalled.

Unless he has lost a lot of weight and has been playing regularly there is no point in any club even looking at signing him. He would be shattered 5mins into the medical.

I think Neill would be an excellent signing. If Salgado, Jacobsen, Chimbonda, Emerton, Reid, Andrews and the young lad all get injured - we'll need someone to cover. I think we all saw that right-back was a problem area last season when Emerton was injured, so signing 4 right-backs is obviously the way forward.

I read this in work. My colleagues are wondering why I'm laughing so hard I'm crying.

Ok so who could have replaced Tugay then? There arent many players out there who could do what Tugay did. If he had been 6/7 years younger he'd be at Barcelona, not Blackburn. A tugay replacement would have cost a fortune so I can understand the sense in keeping faith in one of Dunn/Emerton/Reid to stay fit and partner Nzonzi/Grella in midfield, instead of spending £10m plus on a creative demon to fill Tugay's boots.

Tugay could have replaced Tugay. Possibly on a job-share basis with Dunn with appropriate wages, and time to do his badges.

Unfortunately the Allardyce pedestal has to be far higher than any other figure at the club. Goodbye Tugay. :angry:

BFS should give Tugay a call, apologise, and get him back to Rovers. The guy can still hack 60 minutes at this level - it's barely 3 months since he was the best player on the park. Unfortunately I think the bridges are burned, especially after the maestro's pitchside walk last weekend.

Unfortunately the Allardyce pedestal has to be far higher than any other figure at the club. Goodbye Tugay. :angry:

I have some sympathy with the Tugay comment although it's maybe pertinent that no on else has come in for him as a player have they? But how does SA's pedestal position compare with the relative positions of Ferguson, Wenger, MoN, Moyes etc etc?

I have some sympathy with the Tugay comment although it's maybe pertinent that no on else has come in for him as a player have they? But how does SA's pedestal position compare with the relative positions of Ferguson, Wenger, MoN, Moyes etc etc?

I think what he was saying was that if Tugay was playing now he would still feature condierably in our midfield due to the somewhat dubious ability, form and injury record of our current players.

I have to say I completely with Tris on the Tugay situation. If he was capable of passing on half of what he knows he'd make a great coach. You would have thought that given our academies dire straights that some role could have been found for him there whilst he earns his badges and experience.

I'd always seen Tugay becoming the next Tony Parkes a club man.

Sam must have seen Tugay as a real threat to oust him so.

Even last year he was able to play and whilst not his former self he still had twice the ability of some of the players choosen ahead of him. Last 20 or so the big man could have come on to slow the game down and help us keep possesion something we seem in capable of doing under Sam.

I have to say I completely with Tris on the Tugay situation. If he was capable of passing on half of what he knows he'd make a great coach. You would have thought that given our academies dire straights that some role could have been found for him there whilst he earns his badges and experience.

Nonsense. Who would allow Tugay to coach kids? He'd either turn up full of the joys of spring after a good night on the tables or black dog would be with him and half of em would get a clip around the ear for taking 2 touches to control a ball. Rumour has it that his idea of training nowadays is to do 5 mins of tap ups and then 10 mins for a fag.

Oh and the extraordinary talent that Tugay has got is his and his alone. His first touch, speed of thought and passing ability simply cannot be coached into anybody else whether young or old.

I think what he was saying was that if Tugay was playing now he would still feature condierably in our midfield due to the somewhat dubious ability, form and injury record of our current players.

Sorry. Is that what you really meant Tris? If so I might be doing you a disservice........... I thought in your second sentence that you were just having another swipe at the fat slug in order to foment more unrest and provoke more dissent from the wise ones on the Blackburn End in an effort to further undermine the managers position and de-stabilise the club. Not under orders are you??

btw I'm sure you know but are choosing to ignore the fact that Tugay and Dunny do not play in the same position. ;)

Archived