BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers V Tottenham Hotspur

I was hoping for much better this season buit so far its been utter garbage ( the chelsea game apart )

Allardyces excuses are wearing thin to say the least some of them players are either not goood enougth or not interested Diouf + Pedersen - been awfull all season Mccarthy - not interested and hasnt been for some while . Roberts - championship at best Di Santo - nice touches but 1 goal all season tells its on story unfortunately Chimbonda - had to many clubs in a short space of time to be any good...we are now in a relegation fight yet again

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi all,

as stated I feel as well not good enough I agree the ref did not help matters he was poor but as well as they tried they did not get the rub of the green and at times were unlucky but one thing stands out are our strikers are just not good enough they are unable to hit the onion sack for me Di Santo we should try to keep hold of as he is young yes he misses a lot of opportunities but he is only 20 and with age he will get better also Kalinic shows some good touches and has been unlucky to not have more goals for me either Benni or JR should go as they are the experienced ones who are expected to put the ball away and who have missed some gilt edged chances if we get rid of either I would recommend either a bid for Beattie would be a good move or if they go down K.Davies either one of them are more clinical than Benni/JR please can someone also strip Benni of free-kick/Corner taking as they are all one dimensional what happened to trying to pick out the man instead of always shooting at goal hoping for a deflection his set pieces are worse than MGP!I though Hoilett did well yesterday and think he should start as he offers the most attacking threat but I still think we need another winger as when Brett is out we are clueless and Salgado is no winger hopefully Camel Merium will solve that problem.

Rant Over!

here's hoping for better luck on boxing day

Math ? that is singular, surley it should be plural?

I think "Do the math" is American while we, in the UK, would say maths. I don't know but assumed Muddyboy is American

I'm too miffed to write much, how the hell did that first goal stand.

Nelson was too busy trying to back Crouch away from the ball to bother heading it. I think he was trying to move the Spurs player away so that Robinson could claim the cross which looped up and landed in his 6 yard box. However Robbo didn't come. A shambles of defending and communication. Watching the replay there was no foul.

Two teams who created few clear cut chances between them. One with a clown of a keeper famous for making amateurish and costly errors ................ and the other with Peter Crouch. Crouch won.

I can only assume that the Spurs fans were taking the p1ss when they were chanting 'Englands No 1'? We use to opine on here just how many points per season that Brad Freidel was worth to BRFC. Today we saw 2 of them.

To be fair Robbo made 2 Brad like saves against Stoke which probably earned us a point instead of the defeat we should have had.

One other thing - Grella - good first half but faded quickly in the second half. I don't want to jump to conclusions but possibly he wasn't fully fit.

I think he pulled a groin muscle when he thrashed at thin air trying to shoot with his left foot, on the edge of their box, towards the end of the second half.

Honest.

• Backroom

On the ref thing, without a mention of the goal he was just awful throughout I thought. He gave a couple of throw ins the wrong way when he was stood right next to it, defoe got away with 2 intentional handballs, a handful of fouls and kicking the ball away but no yellow. Someone took Hoilett out early on and no yellow.

Also some of the sheperding the ball out of play in the second half was blatant obstruction yet he let it go on, if a Rovers player had put a challenge in he would have blew straight away.

One thing that nobody has picked up on is the annoying unprofessional modern habit of strikers running back up the pitch with their heads down after an attack has broken down. When I played we were expected to run backwards. Yesterday Gomes fluffed a clearance right to Benny which would have left him clear through on goal. Problem was that Benny was jogging back up the pitch with his head down, blissfully unaware of the 'gimme' and missed the gifted opportunity completely.

To be fair Robbo made 2 Brad like saves against Stoke which probably earned us a point instead of the defeat we should have had.

Fair enough but not going for a lofted cross inside the 6 yard box and leaving a 6ft 6" striker to your 6ft centre half is park football level. He knew he'd screwed up too, walking off a minute later he looked like a condemned man.

One thing that nobody has picked up on is the annoying unprofessional modern habit of strikers running back up the pitch with their heads down after an attack has broken down. When I played we were expected to run backwards. Yesterday Gomes fluffed a clearance right to Benny which would have left him clear through on goal. Problem was that Benny was jogging back up the pitch with his head down, blissfully unaware of the 'gimme' and missed the gifted opportunity completely.

Fair enough but not going for a lofted cross inside the 6 yard box and leaving a 6ft 6" striker to your 6ft centre half is park football level. He knew he'd screwed up too, walking off a minute later he looked like a condemned man.

Yes i agree with that i was just saying he has his good moments but Brad he aint.

I took a bit of stick a few weeks ago for criticisng Roninson for not coming out and commanding his box on wide balls, corners and balls pumped into the box, as well as his ball-handling on long range shots.

His shot-stopping from short range is excellent, but it hardly matters, once a team pegs him they'll find it easy to score.

I said before, we need to bin him, get someone in for about 3/4's of a mill and spend the remaining money on a midfielder.

We can't afford a liability like Robinson.

I took a bit of stick a few weeks ago for criticisng Roninson for not coming out and commanding his box on wide balls, corners and balls pumped into the box, as well as his ball-handling on long range shots.

His shot-stopping from short range is excellent, but it hardly matters, once a team pegs him they'll find it easy to score.

I said before, we need to bin him, get someone in for about 3/4's of a mill and spend the remaining money on a midfielder.

We can't afford a liability like Robinson.

What a load of tosh. You're saying that Robbo should have come out and collected that ball? It went miles over him and he wouldn't have got there. He would have been beaten anyway. The fact the header (and it WAS a foul, I've seen it replayed a number of times) hit the crossbar and the post tells you where it went. Robbo didn't have a chance with it.

Poor.

Tottenham weren't much better than us, but took their chances. Chimbonda shouldn't have turned his back on the cross. Crouch might have fouled Nelsen,similar to Stoke's disallowed goal. Without Dunn there's no creativity. Grella and Nzonzi aren't midfielders who will go forward and threaten, hardly any width and most attacks were up and over through the middle.

Puzzled why Di Santo was taken off, works his socks off,hardly has a chance on goal due to lack of creativity.

Poor all in all.

What a load of tosh. You're saying that Robbo should have come out and collected that ball? It went miles over him and he wouldn't have got there. He would have been beaten anyway. The fact the header (and it WAS a foul, I've seen it replayed a number of times) hit the crossbar and the post tells you where it went. Robbo didn't have a chance with it.

Keep your trousers on, ducky.

I haven't even seen yesterday's goals (bad weather stopped me getting to the game - if you'd seen my earlier post), since I was talking about a quote I'd made weeks ago it wasn't necessarily a judgement on what happened yesterday. Slow down a bit, eh?

Still think he's dodgy in any case.

That sadly, is the problem with Robinson for me. He makes the instinctive, brilliant saves but his bread and butter goalkeeping is average at best. Crosses cause him constant problems and he rarely helps out his defence by coming to claim them. Long shots cause him problems - Portsmouth's goal being a good example. His performance at Fulham over 90 minutes was very poor and illustrated the difficulties he has with angles - look at the number of times he is beaten on his near post.

His instinctive shot stopping and his kicking are both excellent. However, his game needs a great deal of work and its not hard to see why, when we have so many poor English goalkeepers at the moment, that he can't force his way into the England team.

By the way, I'm not blaming Robbo for the goal after watching MOTD.

You should. I blame him and please take note...so did his bloody skipper! A hanging cross that as in the air for ages and went so high that it must have come down with snow on it dropped inside the 6 yard line!! ffs any half decent keeper should hang their head in shame. A shout of 'ROBBOS BALL' would have seen Nelsen back off and leave it to him, and if a top flight gk his size cannot beat a man in the air when he can use his bloody hands it's a poor do.

I've no doubt that he held his hand up over it in the dressing room but thats not the point. It should never have happened and it was imo the games defining moment.

Archived