BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers V Tottenham Hotspur

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cant wait.....Works Christmas do on friday night at 5pm & Work with a Spurs fan........out all night in Bolton, then over to Blackburn, carry on driinking all night (is FJ's still 24hr?), onto the pubs as soon as they open near the ground and hopefully make it to the game still alive.........VERY DRUNK & 1-0 Rovers

Started already I see Hughesy :P

• Backroom

After watching Rovers last night and Spurs tonight I think saturday could get ugly.

Everything we struggled with against Birmingham Spurs have in adbundance, more creativity in midfiled, solider at the back, miles more pace.

I wont be there due to playing football but if I'm honest I wouldnt be looking forward to it anyway such is the way we have approached some games recently.

What's everyone's thoughts on who we should play against Lennon? In my preview i thought Givet because he is probably the most defensive minded left sided defender we have though he wasn't that great last night... Chimbonda i suppose could play there but he is very attacking, whether or not that will work against Lennon i'm not so sure. Olsson has a shocking performance against Lennon last time, Olsson has some decent pace but hasn't featured much recently.

Sky Sports rated him our best defender last night.

Christopher Samba - 6

Struggled against Jerome

Gael Givet - 8

Solid display from the left-back, made some great challenges

Ryan Nelsen - 7

Typical display from no-nonsense defender

Pascal Chimbonda - 6

Looked good going forward, shaky at the back

I have to agree with the experts, I would have given Samba a 7, I thought he did alright he won a lot of headers in the first half but that's expected.

The key to getting something from this game is for our midfielders to help out defensively and for our strikers to take their chances.

I'm dreaming of a starting line up with Di Santo, Kalinic and Hoilett but I might have to keep dreaming ;)

Not looking forward to lennon against givet. Think its gonna be a long weekend.

I am, think its going to be a fascinating contest between these two. If the Frenchie gets the opportunity to get stuck into Lennon it will be interesting to see what Lennon has to offer mentally in response.

All this talk of Lennon when Niko Kranjčar is on fine form playing on the left. I reckon he's their biggest threat.

True.

First time I'm visiting Ewood, don't do all that negative talk! We'll beat them 5-4, last minute screamer by Kalinic, his 4th of a breathtaking afternoon.

/wakes up.

See you guys on saturday!

Enjoy your day!! Dont worry we aint all negative!

Big game this, we really need a result and we won't get one if we play like we did Tuesday that's for sure.

Thing is, we'd need to play as well as we have done all season to get a win and I can't see it myself. Most worrying for me is that a couple of poor results over Christmas and we're back in the relegation fight (if we're not already). Upshot of that is that the team selection for the Villa semi will be affected so we can focus on the league instead.

And that IS depressing.

First reaction was to predict a stonking loss at home. They're on fire and we aren't. Player for player they're stronger and in most positions they are an order of magnitude faster. Added to the downside I'll be sitting with a relative who is travelling up for the game - a mad spuds supporter - and when we watch this tie together we always lose and he gives me grief.

However ...

I don't think spuds will press us like Big Club did which means we will perform a lot better. If they stand off us we could even get a result.

If I was Sam I'd tell Givet to invest in a yellow card and give Lennon a few really heavy tackles early on. Same for whoever is marking up Defoe (pun intended).

Give them something to stay deep for by playing Di Santo and Kalinic with Hoilett providing the ammo. If we drop off them with our keef pointing at space they'll be through us like a dose of salts.

Confident though that Sam will make the right choices and with our crowd noise we will win this 2:1.

Wouldn't be suprised to see Spurs make 10 outfield changes for this one.

We have only lost 2 in our last 25 home games and the yids never do well on their travels up north.

Arry Redknapp will be thinking of 2 local London derbies comming up over the busy xmas period and his players will need a rest after the Citeh game.

Home win banker on the coupon! :brfcsmilie:

Wouldn't be suprised to see Spurs make 10 outfield changes for this one.

We have only lost 2 in our last 25 home games and the yids never do well on their travels up north.

Arry Redknapp will be thinking of 2 local London derbies comming up over the busy xmas period and his players will need a rest after the Citeh game.

Home win banker on the coupon! :brfcsmilie:

That's what I'm talking about!

They lost at home to Wolves only last week? Hardly 'on fire'.

Bit picky Ossy ... Spurs 5th with 30 points, Rovers 12th on 19 points. We lost to Big Club on Tuesday and Spurs won against Man City on Wednesday (looking ruddy good in the process). If "on fire" is too scary to deal with :rolleyes: then they're ticking over nicely.

Hey, I did pick us for a win though :rover:

Archived