BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fútbol, Le Foot, Voetbal, ποδόσφαιρο

Unfortunately this is what happens when you put high quality footballers on a pitch with low quality footballers. Anyone who has played 5/7/11 a side against even a league 1 striker will tell you the difference in quality.

Spot on. The first touch and first movement of a top level pro is light years away from what even a decent semi pro can cope with.

Many years ago I played against a 50 odd year old massively overweight Peter Osgood. I would have been in my late 20s at the time and a fairly decent amateur player. He made us all look stupid the whole time he was on the park. God only knows how good he was when at his peak!!

• Like 1

• Backroom

Absolutely, a lad I went to school with was a good player and went over to America training kids

Even the difference between him and the rest of the lads when he came back and played 5 a side is night and day, like a totally different sport.

• 2 weeks later...

In a USL game last night (the reserves of 2 MLS sides), they used video replay in a live game.

Apparently got good reviews. Had to use it twice, one on a "penalty or was it just outside the box" call. The other was a call whether a foul was a staright red or yellow.

Apparently, he also used the video ref (but no video review) to confirm that a goal was not offside.

Seems to have gooten good marks, and the game only had 4 mind of extra time.

• 3 weeks later...

Sad news about the Accrington Football League which has ceased to be in existence. I think I have read posts on here which make fond references to it.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/14666139.Final_whistle_for_amateur_football_league/

I've just seen this. I had no idea that the combination had shut down. I read the article comments. Reasons range from laziness, high fees, to bad pitches.

I spent my youth and early teenage years watching games at King George's and Wilson's. I loved it.

A sad end indeed.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For those who fear the end of football, this article won't to much to dissuade you; https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/oct/13/atlantic-league-fc-copenhagen-director-scotland?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=Fiver+2016&utm_term=194692&subid=6923483&CMP=EMCFTBEML853

This quote from the article is, sadly, how the game is viewed now; "Last month the president of Spain’s La Liga admitted he is considering proposals to form a breakaway competition to rival the Champions League because it represents a “greater opportunity to generate more revenue”.

Edited by speeeeeeedie

• 1 month later...

http://fusion.net/story/372628/these-haunting-images-show-brazilian-soccer-team-hours-before-they-died-in-plane-crash/ <--- pictures of team before take off and getting on plane, plane has the logo of the team on it.

This tragedy even gets worse, the plane ran out of fuel. I can't even fathom that and losing a loved one in this way. The plane also likely had electrical problems. It sounds like they switched planes for whichever plane, Messi was talking about.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-38160713

The Leicester City of the Brazilian leagues, from a town of 200,000; they made the top division after 3 decades and were challenging Flamenco and Corinthians for the title.

This is just shocking, unbelievable that it could be that the plane ran out of fuel.

chapecoense1.jpg?x71671

Edited by Audax