BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fútbol, Le Foot, Voetbal, ποδόσφαιρο

35 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

Not quite sure where you've got that from, apparently they play Israel in one of the play-off semi-finals, the group also shows that they won 3.

image.png.788e9bece7fa448f8f13cdf309ab8bce.png

It is something to do with Russia being kicked out, so some teams in their pathway played less than other pathways. So nations league points were taken into consideration, hence Iceland are in the play-offs rather than Norway. It has something to do with the pre-determined regional pathways rather than the groups . All a bit too complicated for me. I could very well be completly wrong, it is just something I read on the Independent newspapers website. Sorry it was Estonia who have made the play-offs without a single win. 

Edited by rigger
  • Like 1

Türkiye's recent friendly win over Germany looks like a very un-friendly type of game with some great goals and moves. This highlights compilation of the game from Viaplay is so good. Unlike some of the highlights you see, it's not just the goal scoring you get replayed, but the team moves and build up, which makes it infinitely more interesting, I feel. The various camera angles add to it as well - and, perhaps, the absence of any forced commentary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlJg-FSDg3Q&t=147s

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rigger said:

It is something to do with Russia being kicked out, so some teams in their pathway played less than other pathways. So nations league points were taken into consideration, hence Iceland are in the play-offs rather than Norway. It has something to do with the pre-determined regional pathways rather than the groups . All a bit too complicated for me. I could very well be completly wrong, it is just something I read on the Independent newspapers website. Sorry it was Estonia who have made the play-offs without a single win. 

Absolutely ridiculous and disgusting that Russia can be kicked out yet Israel aren't.

Apparently politics should be kept out of football. In reality it's just the none NATO fascist politics that are to be kept out.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

Absolutely ridiculous and disgusting that Russia can be kicked out yet Israel aren't.

Apparently politics should be kept out of football. In reality it's just the none NATO fascist politics that are to be kept out.

These comments are for the "We did warn you" place.

I don’t know where or why there isn’t a champions league thread but I’ve just witnessed another horrific VAR balls up that has robbed Newcastle a place in the next round. They played their hearts out  and defended like warriors only for that young 17 year old kid to have a ball kicked into his stomach and bounce off the back of his elbow . A 97th minute mbappe penalty knocking them out. Disgraceful decision. The ref didn’t give it in real time which was the correct decision only for var to come along and ruin another great game. If that was rovers I wouldn’t sleep for a week. Awful decision and I genuinely feel for all the geordies that travelled and had what would of been a game of a lifetime to remember completely destroyed be var

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I don’t know where or why there isn’t a champions league thread but I’ve just witnessed another horrific VAR balls up that has robbed Newcastle a place on the next round. They played their hearts out  and defended like warriors only for that young 17 year old kid to have a ball kicked into his stomach and bounce off the back of his elbow . A 97th minute mbappe penalty knocking them out. Disgraceful decision. The ref didn’t give it in real time which was the correct decision only for var to come along and ruin another great game. If that was rovers I wouldn’t sleep for a week. Awful decision and I genuinely feel for all the verifies that travelled and had what would of been a game of s lifetime to remember completely destroyed be var

It was Livramento but you are right. The ref caved in because he was surrounded every second by those frogs

• Like 2

PSG pay loads to get those sort of decisions and have done for years since Qatar bought them during which time they have won SFA outside of France, long may that lack of success continue.

It's rare that I am upset when the Saudis are rogered but that was just plain theft.

The ref had a bit of a Steve Kean look about him which didn't help.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I don’t know where or why there isn’t a champions league thread but I’ve just witnessed another horrific VAR balls up that has robbed Newcastle a place in the next round. They played their hearts out  and defended like warriors only for that young 17 year old kid to have a ball kicked into his stomach and bounce off the back of his elbow . A 97th minute mbappe penalty knocking them out. Disgraceful decision. The ref didn’t give it in real time which was the correct decision only for var to come along and ruin another great game. If that was rovers I wouldn’t sleep for a week. Awful decision and I genuinely feel for all the geordies that travelled and had what would of been a game of a lifetime to remember completely destroyed be var

Who gives a fuck.

Both clubs are shit and owned by the scum of the earth.

And since when have Newcastle been champions of anything.

What a fucking joke European competitions are.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Upside Down said:

Who gives a fuck.

Both clubs are shit and owned by the scum of the earth.

And since when have Newcastle been champions of anything.

What a fucking joke European competitions are.

Bloody hell mate. That's a bit strong. Ownership aside I will always want English clubs to do well in Europe competitions no matter who they are. Especially if French teams are beaten. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

They can still go through.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I usually start at CL thread at the start of the group stages but haven't been bothered yet. I'll get one going once the knockout stages start. 

The ref was in the middle for the World Cup final last year. He is usually top notch. It came out earlier today that although UEFA have not admitted that a mistake was made the VAR ref has been booted from his duties in a CL game today.

It was a farcical decision 

15 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

PSG pay loads to get those sort of decisions and have done for years since Qatar bought them during which time they have won SFA outside of France, long may that lack of success continue.

I don't buy the corruption angle at all. UEFA would love Mbappe in the final every year so fan boys will watch but it won't happen. Due to the relatively low standard of Ligue Un PSG players don't face enough tough games that creates the mental resolve needed for late-stage CL knock out matches, especially over 2 legs. 

They did get screwed a few years ago when Man U knocked them out. Rashford scored a dubious VAR awarded penalty in stoppage time. 

To go through Newcastle must win in Milan and need PSG not to win in Dortmund.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, speeeeeeedie said:

I usually start at CL thread at the start of the group stages but haven't been bothered yet. I'll get one going once the knockout stages start. 

The ref was in the middle for the World Cup final last year. He is usually top notch. It came out earlier today that although UEFA have not admitted that a mistake was made the VAR ref has been booted from his duties in a CL game today.

I don't buy the corruption angle at all. UEFA would love Mbappe in the final every year so fan boys will watch but it won't happen. Due to the relatively low standard of Ligue Un PSG players don't face enough tough games that creates the mental resolve needed for late-stage CL knock out matches, especially over 2 legs. 

They did get screwed a few years ago when Man U knocked them out. Rashford scored a dubious VAR awarded penalty in stoppage time. 

Corruption.... I submit the turn down of the clear penalty in favour of Galatasary.

VAR is a fucking shambles, is also factual.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

20 hours ago, roverandout said:

It was Livramento but you are right. The ref caved in because he was surrounded every second by those frogs

Didn’t this season start with harsh penalties for crowding the ref and extra time awarded in abundance for exactly these situations? Huff and puff for a few weeks, let the big club vultures work behind the scenes and all of a sudden we’re back to start, but somehow worse off than when we started….as supporters. This has gotten beyond stupid.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, speeeeeeedie said:

You don't think UEFA are corrupt?

Really?

4 hours ago, speeeeeeedie said:

Go on then, fill me in on the details.  

Well there's this or starters https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/sep/22/i-had-to-leave-concerns-raised-over-state-of-uefa-amid-cronyism-claims

Then there's allegations that the vice president is involved in drug trafficking, has been involved in match fixing etc...

All of these organisations are rotten to the core.

12 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Well there's this or starters https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/sep/22/i-had-to-leave-concerns-raised-over-state-of-uefa-amid-cronyism-claims

Then there's allegations that the vice president is involved in drug trafficking, has been involved in match fixing etc...

All of these organisations are rotten to the core.

I'm not doubting that there are dodgy UEFA officials. 

What I am saying is that referees are not on the take. Both the on pitch and in room VAR officials are making colossal errors due to one second guessing the other leading to indecision. There isn't a Mr. Big at UEFA HQ telling them what decisions to make to influence games. Nor are the Emiratis, Saudi, Qataris, and other big pocketed owners showering referees with jewels.

In years past it has happened. Marseille. The dodgy Belgian (I think) ref from years back who admitted taking bribes. Franco's influence on Real Madrid teams, and who knows what the former iron curtain teams were up to in the 70's and 80's. 

The amount of money in European football, and the blanket prevalence of gambling makes it too much of a risk to upset it.