BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fútbol, Le Foot, Voetbal, ποδόσφαιρο

I see Keith Hackett has called for a 10 match ban for Mourinho and a ban for Roma from UEFA Competition, presumably for next season at least. I think he’s quite right in protecting referees from the type of goings on in Budapest. 

3 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Messi is joining Inter Miami, rather than a sensational Barca return (as has been mooted in the press)

There were reports that a club in Saudi Arabia (one of the four now owned by the state) had offered Lionel Messi €1bn for a two-year contract (€9.6m per week).

Karim Benzema has already gone to Saudi Arabia for a reported €400m two-year contract (€3.8m per week), including as an ambassador for their 2030 World Cup bid.

Ngolo Kante is on the verge of moving to Saudi Arabia, too, for a report €100m two-year contract (€1m per week).

They are throwing money around at big names, presumably in an all-out effort to land the World Cup in 2030.

6 minutes ago, goozburger said:

There were reports that a club in Saudi Arabia (one of the four now owned by the state) had offered Lionel Messi €1bn for a two-year contract (€9.6m per week).

Karim Benzema has already gone to Saudi Arabia for a reported €400m two-year contract (€3.8m per week), including as an ambassador for their 2030 World Cup bid.

Ngolo Kante is on the verge of moving to Saudi Arabia, too, for a report €100m two-year contract (€1m per week).

They are throwing money around at big names, presumably in an all-out effort to land the World Cup in 2030.

Yeah I saw that Kante was going for big money and they're obviously chucking silly money at Messi to try and get him across. 

I keep seeing random Twitter posts (from like Sportsbible and similar accounts) asking if people believe the Saudi league is one of the top 5 in the world.

Seems to be a huge push from them, as you say, probably in a bid to land the WC.

Huge paydays for faded stars are one thing (Kante who was fabulous now cannot get into a bottom half Chelsea outfit), the time to worry is when a Declan Rice or Jude Bellingham go to Saudi in their prime.

It is being argued that Areteta was after Kante and Gundogan but I think that is paper talk.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Messi is joining Inter Miami, rather than a sensational Barca return (as has been mooted in the press)

Bellingham is set to join Real Madrid for €100m. He's going to be some player that kid.

Wonder if Brum have a % sell on..?

10 minutes ago, goozburger said:

If the Saudi's want the 2030 World Cup they'll get it. FIFA like nothing more than lots of cash, and the Saudi's won't hesitate to provide enough. 

I was listening to one pundit on the radio the other day. He was speculating that one or more of the Saudi signings may end up at Newcastle for a loan spell next year. Newcastle will get Benzema for half a season and they won't have to pay a penny for him.

Messi to Miami is a coup for MLS but he won't be there for long. Miami is a tough place to make football work. It is full of South Americans who tend to support Real and Barcelona but they'll flock to see him but will leave as soon as he does. 

1 hour ago, speeeeeeedie said:

I was listening to one pundit on the radio the other day. He was speculating that one or more of the Saudi signings may end up at Newcastle for a loan spell next year. Newcastle will get Benzema for half a season and they won't have to pay a penny for him.

Yes but unlike the teams in Saudi, Newcastle aren’t liked to the Saudi government ! 
Oh, but wait a minute……….

Edited by Ianrally