BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fútbol, Le Foot, Voetbal, ποδόσφαιρο

On 15/08/2023 at 00:56, Ewood Ace said:

A very fitting end to Neymar's career. His performances never matched the hype surrounding him.

Absolutely, I struggled to recognise him as a Brazilian after being brought up watching great players from the 60’s and especially the 1970 team. Neymar is a cheating diving arsehole compared to those greats.

• Like 1

• Backroom
10 minutes ago, Ianrally said:

Absolutely, I struggled to recognise him as a Brazilian after being brought up watching great players from the 60’s and especially the 1970 team. Neymar is a cheating diving arsehole compared to those greats.

Even compared to the early 00s team. He wouldn’t get in any team that included R9, Rivaldo, Ronaldinho, Kaka. Hell I think I even saw Juninho show more talent.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Ianrally said:

From the BBC web site:

Brazil forward Neymar, 31, reportedly requested a 25-room mansion, a swimming pool and sauna, eight workers to keep his house tidy, nine cars and all expenses paid for travel, restaurants and hotels when he signed for Saudi Pro League side Al-Hilal. (Cope, via Goal) 

I presume the swimming pool will have a diving board. 

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

Other than Shearer with us has anybody started a time at a club any better than Jude Bellingham has done at Madrid, every game  so far he seem to be the match winner.Hard to beleive he is still only 20 years old.If England win anything in the next 10 years he'll be one of the main reasons why.

• Like 1

Just spotted that former Rovers midfielder, Brad Lyons, is on the bench for Northern Ireland today, against Kazakhstan. He was a curious signing as he was brought in, I think, in his early 20s, so not exactly a youth player but didn't make it into the first team but was still given a contract extension, had some loan spells, and then left for Kilmarnock when it expired.

Edited by riverholmes
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, riverholmes said:

Just spotted that former Rovers midfielder, Brad Lyons, is on the bench for Northern Ireland today, against Kazakhstan. He was a curious signing as he was brought in, I think, in his early 20s, so not exactly a youth player but didn't make it into the first team but was still given a contract extension, had some loan spells, and then left for Kilmarnock when it expired.

He’s been playing very well in Scotland and earning rave reviews. Surprised that he hasn’t been capped yet tbh. It would be good to see him come into the Northern Ireland squad and fulfill some of his potential. 

Never realised before but India has a very restrictive policy on the national team. Players with dual nationality are not eligible for selection, so that rules out the likes of Dilan Markanday and Danny Baath.

Seems a bit mad when you look at all the success that Ireland had in the past, and even top teams have no issue with foreign born nationals improving the national side.

Maybe another example of the Indian nationalism which is being harnessed and encouraged by Modi?

Article below

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/sep/12/india-can-aid-attempt-to-reach-world-cup-picking-overseas-born-players

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderation Lead

Been in Milan this weekend, so I managed to catch the AC Milan and Lazio match at The San Siro. 
Very good experience indeed, I shall be back! That Curva Sud created a brilliant atmosphere!

A few good players for Milan and it was good to see the English players getting involved, though Loftus Cheek went off injured after about half an hour, Tomori was excellent throughout. Far better than his central defensive partner Kjaer, who looked a bit dodgy at times!

Pulisic scored and they clearly think highly of him, given how much they passed to him!!

• Like 4

There is often a clamour to play Bellingham deeper to fit in another attacking midfielder but he has to play where he does for Real Madrid. Ideally with Foden from the left and Saka from the right.

I see that Southgate has still stuck to his old favourites with his latest squad. Maguire, Phillips and Henderson are such stupid selections.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead

England squad isn’t a meritocracy any more, clearly. There are definitely better options at centre half than Maguire and better options at centre mid than Phillips and Henderson. Unfortunately, the man who’s opinion matters, doesn’t agree…☹️.

2 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

England squad isn’t a meritocracy any more, clearly. There are definitely better options at centre half than Maguire and better options at centre mid than Phillips and Henderson. Unfortunately, the man who’s opinion matters, doesn’t agree…☹️.

Never has been as long as I've been alive.